Sequels Sam Raimi talks Spidey 4

Cool interview where Sam reveals he´s still passionate, but physically exhausted from making the movies, and says he thinks a "character director" should do the fourth one in case he doesn´t.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/006292398.cfm

Exact quote...

If you had to take a break and pick a director to replace you on the franchise, is there anyone at the top of your list?

RAIMI: Because I love Spider-Man I would just say—I don’t want to pick someone. I don’t know if I’ll be directing the picture or not, but I’d like to say that it would be somebody that was the best gift I could give to Spider-Man—someone who understands him and loves him and could bring his passion and love to the character. A character director probably; no one else.

Well, I still hope Sam returns...

Me too. I hope he brings back Tobey and Kirsten for one more go at it.

I will refuse this film as part of Spider-Man franchise if he isn't returning.

I hope the fourth one will have a happy ending rather than bittersweet.

I hope the cast and crew return! I'm sure Sam wants to direct again even if he feels exhausted from making the films.

DON'T TALK ABOUT SUCCESSORS SAM!!! :csad:

I hope he comes back :spidey: Don't want to think about replacements until we know he isn't directing it.

I hope he gets a little bit of rest and feels refreshed soon enough to direct Spidey 4. I think he's done such a good job with the franchise thus far...

I think he's worried that he'll have to spend another year of life on Spidey, and honestly, he may pull a Brosnan on us and want to finally branch out. :csad:

I think he's worried that he'll have to spend another year of life on Spidey, and honestly, he may pull a Brosnan on us and want to finally branch out. :csad:

Brosnan didn't quit, though; he was fired.

why do they want to make a spidey 4 so soon? They could wait a couple years, let the actors and director get some rest and do other projects and then maybe regroup for a fourth one later on. And since Spider-Man 3 did tie up some loose ends of the series, if they start a 4th one, then will they have to do three more like a second trilogy?

I hate to think of what will happen to this franchise without Sam and Tobey. It really doesn't matter how good the movie is. People won't accept it and it will bomb. End of franchise.

I hate to think of what will happen to this franchise without Sam and Tobey. It really doesn't matter how good the movie is. People won't accept it and it will bomb. End of franchise.

Most people who saw the first three movies have no idea who Sam Raimi is and wouldn't care if he wasn't brought back.

It'd be interesting to see how recasting the leads would impact the movie, however.

why do they want to make a spidey 4 so soon?

1) Because the series is ludicrously profitable. No company will ever prematurely stop a cash cow.

2) It's 3 years away. That's not really "soon."

Sam is really a great director choice. If he leaves they'll probably give it to someone like Michael Bay.

Tobey isn't essential, though his returning would be nice.

I can't believe so many people want Sam Raimi back for another movie . I myself would like someone that is true to the story who would not make it some metrosexual action/love story . Even if one can forgive the lacluster portrayal of Venom in Spiderman you still can't get past the fact that he has Spidey expose his face to and kill off every villain . Well , Sandman is still alive , but he forgave him and let him go .........

The killing of Venom was wonderful. Thank you Raimi. But like Frosty, he'll be back again someday, lol. :D

why do they want to make a spidey 4 so soon? They could wait a couple years, let the actors and director get some rest and do other projects and then maybe regroup for a fourth one later on. And since Spider-Man 3 did tie up some loose ends of the series, if they start a 4th one, then will they have to do three more like a second trilogy?

For one reason...$$$

Also, if they want to use the same cast, we can't wait that much longer for SM4 (since Tobey is past 30, and will start looking it eventually).

Also, I don't think the first movies were a real trilogy, so there is no need for a 2nd trilogy. These are stand alone films. True, they had some arcs stretching throughout the movies, but they were not continuing one story like LOTR, Star Wars, Matrix, etc. These movies stand on their own. I think future SM movies will do the same, regardless of new cast and/or crew.

But, I hope Sam returns.

If Hulk can do it, Spidey can do it.

Profit wise, yes. Critical, no. Spidey 3 made money, but it was horrible.

Raimi can do Spiderman. Watching the Spiderman movies is like reading those old comics, fun, fast and deep.

Profit wise, yes. Critical, no. Spidey 3 made money, but it was horrible.
i have to disagree i just hated and loved with what they did with Venom. They nailed his look and all that but His screen time was way too short and killing him off like that really was lame yet if they some how find a way to bring him back in oh lets say Spider-Man 5 (since Sony is planing on making 6 and for the sake of the writer sticking to two villains in Spider-Man 4 which i think will be Lizard and Carnage.) I will be pleased with that. Makes sense to have Lizard in Spider-Man 4 because Dr. Connors has been introduced and Carnage as a villain because Dr. Connors has a little bit of that symbiote which can somehow bring Venom back as a cliffhanger. just would like to see it go that route for the sake of those who didn't like the end of Venom in Spider-Man 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"