Sam Raimi talks Spidey 4

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by ultimatefan, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Visionary

Visionary Registered

That's true.

2. terry78

terry78 We'll be right back

If they recast, I'd assume you would want someone who is actually in their mid 20's. But they'd have to carry that same vibe of lovable dorky face in the body of a gymnast as Maguire had to do.

3. Visionary

Visionary Registered

This could also be true, one never knows.

4. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Not everyone thought non of the movies in this trilogy were mediocre, so sorry i have to disagree, you may want someone else but i dont, at least with Raimi, you are almost guaranteed a better than average movie, if he left, god knows who they would get to take over.

5. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

TMags had the body of a gymnast????:huh:

6. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Yet here we are, with the majority of fan boys banging on about how crap sm3 was. Raimi's had his 3, let someone else have a go.

7. Figs

Figs Registered

I have to agree with both of your opinions on this matter. I just don't know what I'm more for, bring them back for one more or get a entirely new cast/crew.

8. Visionary

Visionary Registered

Doesn't really matter, either way, they're going to make a fortune off of us...for the fourth time. :cool:

9. kursavwilage

kursavwilage Guest

Mr Jide & Batspider I agree with you 100 % !

Everyone always says how Raimi nailed it in this so-called trilogy , but the only thing he nailed is making 3 superhero themed soap-opera style action flicks . I thought after Spidey and M.J. finally got it over with and got togther we would move on to some other struggles . No , it was just another aspect of the M.J. , Harry , Pete love triangle with a few more villains . My argument with Raimi and the current writers of the movies is why do they think that they can improve on the original stories witten buy Stan Lee and Steve Ditko ? If Raimi was a fan of the Spiderman world then he would leave the stories alone and just bring them to the screen without his spin on them !

10. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Agreed. The movie could end up being the best, but it has more potential to go the way of BF or B&R without Raimi, and history in comic movies is my evidence. I have said this numerous times, but trying to do a movie in the same continuity as other movies by a different cast and crew has yet to work for comic movies. BB and TIH have/are establishing new continuities, so they don't count.

11. Donald Thomas

Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

12. Spider-ManHero12

Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

What makes you think that? A different director could make Spidey4 with things we have never heard of, turning it into a horrible film. I have a feeling that if Sam stays, the film will be amazing.

13. Green Goblin 1964

Green Goblin 1964 Registered

yeaaaaahhhh, keep thinking that....

14. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Registered

I hope Sam and everyone return for just one more movie. Make it an even number. I'm keeping my hopes at a reasonable level so I don't get crushed if Sam and co. don't return, though.

15. Visionary

Visionary Registered

At the same time, these ain't Raimi's characters, they belong to Marvel. Marvel should be inforcing that few changes be made to their characters/stories, they have the power to do it, but they don't. It doesn't matter who directs SM4, if Marvel doesn't put their foot down, you can forget all about not having any changes.

16. chaseter

chaseter Esteemed Member

People compalining about these movies not being 100% accurate to their comic source are crazy. Look at a comic book, if a movie contained half of the stupid sh** in those books it would be utter madness. Clones, zombies, love octagons, twists out the whazoo, etc... are all fine and dandy on a medium that people expect it from. If Spider-Man was truly faithful to the comics, we would have 8 or so Venoms, dumb villians like Kangaroo and Egghead, Aunt May dying, coming back, dying, and coming back, the list goes on and on. Sam Raimi and co. did a great job in bringing to light a classic character into a different medium. He brought the name 'Spider-Man' back into the forefront of our society. I applaud the man for making Peter Parker and his trials relatable to the fans and at the same time brought in a new age of young fans as hyped as ever into the world of superheroes.

17. kursavwilage

kursavwilage Guest

Marvel sold the Spiderman rights to Sony therefore Marvel has little say so on the final product that hits the screen . Also , I think that had something to do with Marvel going it alone and forming it's own production company , so they will have more control over other hero movies .

18. Donald Thomas

Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    Very True.Marvel has over 5,000 characters that they can sell various rights to.Spider-Man is such a marketing gold mine it's crazy.In the history of Spider-Man, when Anazing Spidr-Man went from Ditko to Romita, that was considered a major change.It would be great if we got a recast and while I salute Raimi for the proven success of the first 3 Spider-Man movies, I will always believe that the characters history is strong enough that it can beat Titanic's box office record.
    Spidey rules

19. Venom 1988

Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Christ think outside the box for once. Everything is so black and white with you.

20. BobJM

BobJM Uncle Charlie

I'm sure SM4 would be great, even if there was another actor. But I can't imagine someone in the role...yet. I don't want to think of a whole new cast or crew unless Raimi says he's definitely not coming back.

21. NewYorkSpider

NewYorkSpider EndGame

[YT]xNg3upT9gDg[/YT]

[​IMG]

22. Spade

Spade Seeking new challengers

One would think common sense would tell you why Eddie didn't survive...though, that video doesn't seem to point out that Eddie definitely hadn't bonded with the symbiote again. He jumped into it and began to adhere; he was still a normal human being when that blast blew him to kingdom come.

As for Raimi returning? I don't think he's a horrible director. I just think that his writing and mindset is something that shouldn't have an influence over the sequel. I'd be okay with him directing if the script was really solid and made up for the intense disappointment that was the third film, though I don't hold this cast in the same esteem as some diehard fans seem to.

23. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Common sense and applied logic makes me think that. I'm fully aware that it is very possible that the sm4 could suck should we get a new cast and crew, which you and others seem to think is definite. I however, can look beyond sucking on Raimi's nut-sack and appreciate that there is other talent out there that can do a much better job.

You've just proved my point.

Yes, people who thought sm1 and 2 thought that sm3 would turn out to be the greatest thing since man discovered fire but uh, as you are aware, most fanboys here thought sm3 was a complete failure and guess who directed it, your hero, Sam half-assed Raimi.

24. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

I stopped reading here because it is clear that your post was invalidated before execution. Nobody here is requesting that these movies be 100% accurate to the source material.

25. bellepheron

bellepheron Registered

I agree with Mr Jide that I thought SM3 was going to be the best movie of this century and was majorly dissapointed. If Sam Raimi and the cast couldnt deliver on SM3, and I think the majority of the blame lies with Sam as he wrote and directed it, then what makes anyone think they can deliver for SM4?

SM3 brought me to the conclusion that this cast and crew have taken the SM franchise as far as they can and its time for some fresh blood both on and off camera.