Sequels Sam Raimi talks Spidey 4

I dont know why the hell you people want a wedding in SM4. They still love each other yea sure, but the events of SM3 took there relationship a couple of steps back. They went thru a whole lot of **** from both each other and outside forces. There not just gonna jump into SM4 with them ready to be married, they have to start building each others trust again and fixing problems they had. The most I see happening in the next movie is Peter proposing to MJ (like in Blader's outline of SM4, which is really good BTW).

Exactly!!

Personally, I'd rather have MJ and Peter go their seperate ways for a period, seeing other people, namely for peter's sake. Peter just comes off as unatural, unrealistic and lacks growth because he's pined over the one and the same girl for his entire life. If the movies do plan to have peter and mj together by the end, then I say they should go ahead with the dating other people. It gives peter more depth and a better understanding as to why he and MJ should be together. Peter in these movies lacks experience and I think its unfair that MJ has had more than her fair share of love interests.

I'm just saying you're stretching the love story thin to fit it over 6 movies if you go that route and mainstream audiences will be unimpressed. Making it lasat for six movies just means more soliloquies in SM5/SM6 if she isn't in 4 much. Plus a recast for the actors who play them getting married which after the first three...would be odd.

It's something audiences will ultimately have to deal with. A good director, good story and good actors should have the skill to win over the audience.

Nobody here is hating on Raimi, we just want a different take. Raimi has had 3 movies, is it too much to want another director to have a go?
Did you not read the part where I said that if he doesn't direct then I certainly hope he stays on during production:huh:

Sure he got the chance to bring spidey to the big screen but it was a poor adaptation of the comics overall and sm2 I disagree with sm2 being the crowning glory of the series. Imo sm2 is the worst of the series.
You are certainly the minority in thinking SM2 was the worst:dry: If a movie was a pure adaptation to a comic, the movie was suck even worse than SM3 did. SM3 was the closet to a comic book as you can get, and all the love triangles, multiple villians, twists, turns, etc... flawed the movie in the end. What works on paper usually never translated well...that is why they make changes during filming.

...and they would be...?
Sony, Arad, Ziskin, etc...

The majority of the movies in this genre are garbage and the spidey movies have never been good to begin with anyway. So me wanting Raimi gone has got nothing to do with being fickle but merely wanting something different.
Once again, minority:huh: There have been a handful of great comic movies and Spider-Man is certainly one of them.

People like you amaze me. You seem to be disillusioned into believing that, nobody else besdies Raimi and co can make a good spidey film and at least do better, its laughable. You don't even consider this as a possibility but merely focus on one side that, anyone else is destined to fail.
People like me have a better chance of being right than people like you. Bring in a new team, new cast, new director, new everything and see what happens. But it has more of a chance of sucking hardcore than otherwise. The next 3 films will be compared to the first 3, and they won't live up to the standard that has been set.

I like how you think this is fact. First of all, most people who went to see spider-man knew of spider-man through the comics and cartoos, secondly, you seem to forget that, many people also got into spider-man by reading ultimate spider-man, which was released like a yera or 2 before the first movie. How many people do you know, who had no real inteerst in spider-man watched the movies and are now into the comics...I'm willing to bet you can't count all on one hand.
Spider-Man is by far more popular than he has ever been and would have been without the movies.

Near-perfected?? Haha, sure. The only thing Raimi has perfected with his movies is, by showcasing how perfectly wrong he was at trying to adapt the source material. Raimi is no genius, he brought no original concepts and perfectly managed to establish just how much of an imagination he lacks and how little he knows of the characters.
Once again, minority. I guess most of the critics and fans are wrong because you see differently:huh:

It's got nothing to do with having a trilogy fetish, it's a matter of logic and consistency. 6 movies, with a group of actors doing 3, why not bring in a new cast for the remaining 3. You people are always first to talk about how a recast will confuse and upset the audience:whatever: yet, you're happy to bring in a new cast once your preffered story is done?:o That leaves the new cast with just two movies...which doesn't make much sense. They might as well recast for 4,5 and 6 at least for the sake of consistency.

Raimi's had his chances with his current cast to tell lizard's story and he delayed it and gave us sandman and venom. Sorry but as a fan, I shouldn't have to suffer for what may potentially be yet another 4th boring outing. New cast and crew, please.:word:

I have never said a recast would confuse the audience. Find one place I specifically ever said that. Also, why does 2 movies not make sense? 2 movies is more than enough to be consistant. The only reason consistancy like that would be needed for 3 movies is if you had an underlying arc in the 3 movies, and since it seems they are going with a more stand-alone approach from this point on, that means we won't have an underlying trilogy arc (which only one I could even see being a 3 movie arc is the SS at this point...they already did the symbiote and goblin sagas). Also, the stand alone approach tells me we probably won't have the same director for the next 3 movies anyway, so the chances at complete consistancy are limited there.

As for the fan comment, that is your opinion. Many fans and non-comic fans enjoyed these movies and would to see that consistancy continue.

I have never said a recast would confuse the audience. Find one place I specifically ever said that. Also, why does 2 movies not make sense? 2 movies is more than enough to be consistant. The only reason consistancy like that would be needed for 3 movies is if you had an underlying arc in the 3 movies, and since it seems they are going with a more stand-alone approach from this point on, that means we won't have an underlying trilogy arc (which only one I could even see being a 3 movie arc is the SS at this point...they already did the symbiote and goblin sagas). Also, the stand alone approach tells me we probably won't have the same director for the next 3 movies anyway, so the chances at complete consistancy are limited there.

As for the fan comment, that is your opinion. Many fans and non-comic fans enjoyed these movies and would to see that consistancy continue.
Agreed and you make some intersting points that I have never thought about.

And I don't think another director would put as much care and devotion into another trilogy as Raimi did.

Agreed and you make some intersting points that I have never thought about.

And I don't think another director would put as much care and devotion into another trilogy as Raimi did.

I don't think any director they'd get for the next 3 movies will put as much care into them either. My reasoning for that is because the next director would have to do a SM movie in a world that has already been established, so they might not be able to forge the SM world that they want. That is why your Ratners and Schumachers of the world are more likely to direct the next movie than your Finchers. Your Finchers of the world will be less attracted to continuing someone else's universe because they'd rather start from scratch.

Exactly!!

Personally, I'd rather have MJ and Peter go their seperate ways for a period, seeing other people, namely for peter's sake. Peter just comes off as unatural, unrealistic and lacks growth because he's pined over the one and the same girl for his entire life. If the movies do plan to have peter and mj together by the end, then I say they should go ahead with the dating other people. It gives peter more depth and a better understanding as to why he and MJ should be together. Peter in these movies lacks experience and I think its unfair that MJ has had more than her fair share of love interests.
That could work but they did already do the jealously stuff in SM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"