Sam Raimi talks Spidey 4

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by ultimatefan, Nov 12, 2007.

1. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Registered

Come on Sam,come back.

2. Spider-ManHero12

Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

Still, the movie could bomb whether the audiance knows who Sam is or not. Sam's passion for Spidey is way up there, which is one of the reasons I think and hope he and the rest of the cast and crew return.

3. chaseter

chaseter Esteemed Member

Start taking vitamins you b*tch

4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Totally different cases. Not even factoring in the obvious disappointment of Hulk $$$ wise, TIH is establishing a whole new continuity, while Spider-Man 4 is continuing the same continuity. Traditionally, switching the crew and cast of a movie in the same continuity never works. Except for Bond, I can't think of good examples (and some of those Bond movies are big misses).

If we get Sam for one more movie, then I will be happy. By SM5, a new Spider-Man would be needed (Tobey will look his age eventually), but I think he can hold the look for one more movie. I am all for new people SM5 and beyond, but I still want everyone back for SM4. JUST ONE MORE GO!!! All I ask.

5. kursavwilage

kursavwilage Guest

Sure Raimi is a good director , but he's not a good Superhero director . Does anyone else besides me hate the fact that he omits important aspects of Spiderman and the characters and villains in the Spidey world ? Spiderman wears a mask for a reason , but Raimi has him showing his face to every villain and a good share of the people . Why did Spiderman 3 not have the symbiotes ability to morph into any costume or clothes . Wouldn't the movie have been a lot cooler if Peter just changed into a three piece suit or his regular clothes at his will ? How about Eddie Brock being portrayed by large built guy like he is in the comics and cartoons instead of this little skinny Topher dude ? Where the heck did they come up with Venom as the opposite of Spidey ? He has always been bigger and stronger . In my opinion this just just shows that Raimi isn't true to the real stories and thinks that he or Hollywood can do it better than the writers at Marvel . What's next ? Kraven the hunter will be Kraven the animal rights activist ?

6. NewYorkSpider

NewYorkSpider EndGame

Spider-Man 2 is one of the best superhero movies to date. Spider-Man 1 is fairly averege. Spider-Man 3 has it's well done moments, but when Raimi was handed a certain villian for SM3, thats when things went haywire.

Raimi has clearly said in interviews that he doesn't like masked villains and wants to show their face. I'm sure the same reason is for Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Take Eddie Brock for example, when they showed his face when he was Venom(I believe they did this a couple times) Raimi likes to remind people that it isn't just one being, he's showing you that it's still Eddie Brock/Venom are the same person. Obviously we know that it's Peter Parker under the mask, but it's better to get the feel that it's Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Getting into the whole story about what else the symbiote can do what have just crammed the stroy even more. That's one problem I had with the movie. Venom should have had his own movie where they could have explained more about it. They should've mentioned Venom's name for starters. One thing that people ask me is "why didn't SM sense Venom?" More reason why they should have put him in SM4. The scrawny Eddie Brock was a mix from the comics and ultimate Spider-Man I think?

It wasn't Raimi's idea to have Venom in SM3, it was Avi Arad's. Raimi wanted Vulture in it instead. Who know what the movie would have been like. You can say what you want about Raimi, but he created one of the best superhero trilogies ever.

7. Leenie

Leenie Registered

This interview doesn't sound too hopeful.

Darn.

8. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

:whatever:

9. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Brosnan did'nt branch out. His Irish ass was rightfully fired. He made a big deal about it too.

10. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

You obviously realy aren't here because, to ignorantly believe that this movie will flop without Sam and TMags just goes to show you've taken leave of your senses. I'm amazed that some of you fanboys are so whipped that you can't even look at this objectively. The irony is, should a recast happen, you guy'll be more rampant over these boards than you've ever been.:whatever:

11. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Michael Bay is tied up with the transformers movies and secondly, I think they'd give it to someone not as obvious as Bay.

You are correct, Gamms. Tobey's ass isn't essential. Hell, they almost got rid of him and brought in Jake G to take over for sm2. People, TMags isn't the be all and end all of the spider-man character. The sooner you all understand this the less stupid you'll look and despite doing a better job in sm3, I don't want him back.

12. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Still, the movie could end up being much better than the last 3 movies.:o

13. Eelectro 2

Eelectro 2 Registered

if sam doesnt' actually take the directors seat (which i would be truely dissapointed with) then i certainly hope he has a large part in the characters and certain aspects of the film to keep it loyal. i know tobey and kirsten both said they wouldnt' want to make another film if sam wasn't involved. that would be such a shame. they are the characters. i hope that spider-man 4 is made with the cast and sam form the previous movies and i would love pete and mj to finally get married and have a nice final swing. then maybe 5 years from now everybody could come back again and make parts 5 and 6 back to back with sam directing involving a big idea involving the sinister six (without ock of course). but that last part is just me hoping

14. Gotham

Gotham Registered

It would seem like such a waste to do three films and then not do a fourth. :csad:

15. November Rain

November Rain Single Mother

i'm really quite surprised with the loyalty of some of you peeps considering what sam has given you in roughly seven hours of footage...which is not really much.

especially in the last 4 hours of the franchise.

how long are you willing to have him mess around and over dramatise the most grounded of all superheroes.

there's almost nothing relatable/realistic with the spidey in the last two films. He's on superman status now. Stoping trains with his bare hands, being loved by the adoring public

meh..

16. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Thats right, Nov. When people subscribe and blindly accept mediocrity, that's all they'll get. All 3 spidey movies generally are quite half-assed adaptations, made bearable by the few scenes that capture the comics in all its glory while simultaneously looking credible on screen.

New cast and crew, with emphasis on great story telling that captures the characters the way they should be.

17. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I want Sam and Tobey to return for AT LEAST one more, we need to end the series on a better note, and a happier one.

18. bellepheron

bellepheron Registered

I don't understand all the people sayng lets have Sam and Tobey back for one more movie. Even if they come back for SM4 (which i hope they don't) theres no way Tobey Maguire could continue in the role any longer, he'd be in his late 30's playing someone in their early 20's!

The studio would definetly change him at that point which would leave us with 4 Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies and then 2 with a new guy which would seem pretty random. If the studio change him now they can tie the new actor down for 3 movies, save themselves a massive pay cheque that Tobey Maguire would demand and produce a second trilogy of character continuity. The same applies to Sam Raimi, I loved the SM movies (not so much the 3rd one) but let someone else have a go and lets have a fresh take on the series.

I was one of the stupid people who didn't think Daniel Craig should have replaced Brosnan as 007 and look how that turned out!

19. kursavwilage

kursavwilage Guest

It shows that it wasn't his idea and he didn't like Venom in the way that he killed him off so quick and easy . Are we to assume that Harry was stronger than Venom because a pumpkin bomb barely scarred harry but vaporized Venom .

20. Symbiote666

Symbiote666 Registered

I don't remember the bomb ever going off near Venom. I remember it going off inside of the Symbiote, which has a weakness to heat, and next to Eddie, a simple human, but never near Venom..

21. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

That's right!

I think people are forgetting that, there are a total of 6 planned spider-man movies. We've got 3 already so it only makes sense to recast for the last 3 movies. I mean seriously, how out of place will it be for aging TMags and his gut to slug out another movie only for a new cast to come in for 2 movies. It is indeed random and makes very little sense.
    Also, people seem to be forgetting that these movies are going in a new direction and thankfully, Raimi has no influence over the script. TMags and co have done their time and its time to move on. People act as though these movies begin and end with Tobey and Raimi and I don't know if I should laugh or cry at such stupidity. spider-man was here before many of us were born and he'll be here long after we're dead.

I'm tired of the overall mediocrity of these movies and I believe in improvements. Imagine if only stan lee wrote spider-man and no one else, imagine if only steve ditko dre spider-man and no one else...

I personally want a new cast and crew, a different take and approach. He who dares wins. I'd rather these movies take risks and potentially luck out as opposed to using the same old uninspiring formula where all the major villains die, spider-man's mask is constanly off, MJ is forever in danger and Raimi bragging about how much of a fanboy he is...when clearly, he just doesn't get spider-man but only skimms and gives us elements.

The time for change is now and you'll all witness this change as it unfolds before your very eyes. You can hold on to your false hope of seeing TMags squeeze back into the tights, me, I'm a realist and I await the news of a recast.

22. Venom 1988

Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Yup, if there going to recast, this is the best time to do it.

23. Batspider77

Batspider77 "SPOILER JUNKIE"

Why are you Guys so Grazy about Raimi?for me Raimi never really managed to nail the Character of Spiderman/Peter Parker i´m sure there is another Director out there who could make a much better job then Raimi.

24. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

*applauds*

25. Mr Jide

Mr Jide Registered

Agreed!