Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy vs Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy

I will say this, both Spider-Man 3 and TDKR have one of the dumbest moments in CBM history. Spider-Man 3's is the butler telling Harry the truth about his father, and TDKR's is Blake knowing Bruce is Batman based off a look he saw on his face once years ago.

This

Spider-man 3 had all those people who started dancing for no reason. Bat-credit card is the only equivalent I can find.

The sad thing is those mistakes were easily avoidable.

Ain't that the truth.

All they had to do was cut that butler scene out. Remove it altogether. And that story line would have resolved just fine.

Ain't that the truth.

All they had to do was cut that butler scene out. Remove it altogether. And that story line would have resolved just fine.
Spider-Man is dead
Mary Jane is dead
Harry Osborn is alive and angry for not extracting vengeance himself
Venom dance of joy
Sandman has no clue what to do
Jameson fires Parker, for $#%^'s and giggles

Yeah, all will go very well if they cut off the butler scene :p

Really I mean literally. If they showed Peter's plea to him for help, and we then see Harry's arrival at the battle royale, it would've just been better. Plus with Harry and Peter's exchange before he died it would help imply he made a decision own to let his revenge go and help his friend when he needed it most.

Better yet, in addition to that: instead of Peter yelling at Harry that Norman killed himself, in their first fight when Harry was obviously beyond reason; Peter could have told him the detailed truth when he went to Harry's place. That Spider-Man and Norman were in battle, Norman went crazy, and when Norman went in for the kill he accidently killed himself. Throw in the classic Parker guilt, with how he promised Norman not to tell.

(Of course one suggestion can be fixed by the editor in seconds and the other would require a reshoot, ha.)

Last edited:
Really I mean literally. If they showed Peter's plea to him for help, and we then see Harry's arrival at the battle royale, it would've just been better. Plus with Harry and Peter's exchange before he died it would help imply he made a decision own to let his revenge go and help his friend when he needed it most.

Better yet, in addition to that: instead of Peter yelling at Harry that Norman killed himself, in their first fight when Harry was obviously beyond reason; Peter could have told him the detailed truth when he went to Harry's place. That Spider-Man and Norman were in battle, Norman went crazy, and when Norman went in for the kill he accidently killed himself. Throw in the classic Parker guilt, with how he promised Norman not to tell.

(Of course one suggestion can be fixed by the editor in seconds and the other would require a reshoot, ha.)
That sounds considerably much better than keeping that scene with the butler in. From now on I am skipping that butler scene every time.

They needed something besides Peter to convince Harry,otherwise his vendetta would've felt hollow.The real problem is they had presumably 6 years or so to work on the storyline and "the Butler" was the best resolution they could come up with.In the end,I think it worked better than having Harry change his mind and decide to be best buds again on the fly.

Butler being a figment of Harry's imagination would've worked better.

They needed something besides Peter to convince Harry,otherwise his vendetta would've felt hollow.The real problem is they had presumably 6 years or so to work on the storyline and "the Butler" was the best resolution they could come up with.In the end,I think it worked better than having Harry change his mind and decide to be best buds again on the fly.
Exactly, the butler scene got too much flack it doesn't deserve

Blake knowing Batman from a fake smile years ago is stupid

The butler scene deserves every ounce of flak it got. It was a horrendously bad quick fix plot device.

What they originally had. Having MJ going to Harry.

Almost anything would be better and less insulting than the butler keeping quiet about that for over 2 years, especially when Harry when losing himself in booze and murderous obsession over Spider-Man, making deals with super villains (Doc Ock), and becoming one himself.

But no he waits until Harry gets amnesia and half his face blown off before casually strolling in and dropping this bombshell on him. Awful. Razzie worthy writing.

Exactly, the butler scene got too much flack it doesn't deserve

Blake knowing Batman from a fake smile years ago is stupid

The butler scene deserves everything. No writer with any experience can go and write that, it goes against every single concept of proper writing. You don't know how he knows everything he says he knows, you don't get why he chooses - of all - that moment to tell what he knows. It was just a extremely poor example of deus ex machina.

And I'd say many other scenes, such as the Sandman meets Venom, are equally bad. Two guys bump into each other. Hey, do you hate Spider-man? Cool, let's team up.

And I'd say many other scenes, such as the Sandman meets Venom, are equally bad. Two guys bump into each other. Hey, do you hate Spider-man? Cool, let's team up.
Venom was searching
Why did he not believe Marko is dead? I don't know

The problem with the Butler's story is,he says "The blade that pierced his body came from his glider."

Now,Harry himself was killed by blades from his own glider.

Why wouldn't Harry believe that Peter used his dad's own glider against him?

There was no proof either way,but given that,it didn't stop him from going after Peter before.

Venom was searching
Why did he not believe Marko is dead? I don't know

True.

Let's remember too,that it was originally to be The Vulture in Venom's place (who had a history with Marko) before the studio mandated Venom.I'm willing to forgive the contrivance given the circumstance.

Alfred and Bernard are arguably the worst butlers in any film.

The one that let Bruce think he had a chance with a girl who was killed and caused him to be a reclusive hobbo for 8 years...
Three years. And Bruce became a recluse after his chance of helping Gotham as Bruce failed. Rachel was not the one determining factor of his retirement as Batman or becoming a recluse. Besides that, Alfred is not even close to being one of the worst butlers in a film. He's one of the best.

The one that let Bruce think he had a chance with a girl who was killed and caused him to be a reclusive hobbo for 8 years...
We believe Alfred gave Bruce tons of speeches in the past 8 years :o

Michael Gough as Alfred is terrible, he invited people to the batcave

But... but he made it up to Bruce... by abandoning him when he needed him the most. :csad:

We believe Alfred gave Bruce tons of speeches in the past 8 years :o

Michael Gough as Alfred is terrible, he invited people to the batcave

How many people are Vicky Vale? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back