The Dark Knight Rises < Spider-Man 3

so DK Trilogy

Spider-man: 2.5/5
Spider-man 2: 4.5/5
Spider-man 3: 1/5

Batman Begins: 3.5/5
The Dark Knight: 5/5
The Dark Knight 3.5/5

Nolan's trilogy is better for me in the end. But Spider-man 2 is certainly a very good superhero movie.

That makes it sound nasty when you think that Bruce loved her, lol.

To me it was like that. I never could come up with a single clue as to why Bruce loved her. Or, for that matter, who came up with such a bland character. Oh, that was Goyer.

Bland character? She's much better than most of Bruce's love interests in the comics. But still, that's not saying much. Bruce hasn't had a love interest that matches the likes of Gwen Stacy, Lois Lane, Mary Jane Watson.

Batman Begins > Spider-Man
The Dark Knight > Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight Rises > Spider-Man 3

:woot:

Batman isn't a love story. Super-Man sort of is. Spider-Man most definitely is.

The Dark Knight is the only superhero film better than SPider-Man 2 so Nolan's Batman Trilogy wins this. And romance has allways been very central in Spider-man.

Batman Begins (9.5/10)
The Dark Knight (10/10)
The Dark Knight Rises (10/10)

Spider-man (7.5/10)
Spider-man 2
(8.5/10)
Spider-man 3 (5/10)

Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy
> Sam Raimi's Spider-man Trilogy

Last edited:
Bland character? She's much better than most of Bruce's love interests in the comics. But still, that's not saying much. Bruce hasn't had a love interest that matches the likes of Gwen Stacy, Lois Lane, Mary Jane Watson.

Oh no, she's much worse. Rachel's there merely to give those moral speeches in BB. The best thing she did was dying so she could become an important symbol in Bruce's life. Bruce has had Catwoman in the comics. Catwoman's barefaced knockoff Black Cat might get close.

Batman isn't a love story. Super-Man sort of is. Spider-Man most definitely is.

I would say Superman definitely is, at least sups 1 and 2. Those movies work because of the great chemistry with Reeves and Kidder.

Oh no, she's much worse. Rachel's there merely to give those moral speeches in BB. The best thing she did was dying so she could become an important symbol in Bruce's life. Bruce has had Catwoman in the comics. Catwoman's barefaced knockoff Black Cat might get close.

She's far from the worse. Hence why no one cares about any of Bruce's love interests in the comics.

In terms of quality Nolan's Batman trilogy is better. I enjoyed the first two Spider-man films , but they were overly campy at times. Spider-man 3 has it's moments of being good and downright terrible. Nolan's third act was highly ambitious , but he never seemed burdened like Raimi was with Spider-man 3. TDKR has it's problems , but they don't overshadow the film.

batman begins (9.5/10)
the dark knight (10/10)
the dark knight rises (10/10)

spider-man (7.5/10)
spider-man 2
(8.5/10)
spider-man 3 (5/10)

christopher nolan's the dark knight trilogy
> sam raimi's spider-man trilogy

Batman Begins - 8.5/10
The Dark Knight - 8/10
The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10

Spider-Man - 7/10
Spider-Man 2 - 7/10
Spider-Man 3 - 3/10

That's why she's actually in TDKR.

But I am referring to the likes of Madison, Vale, St. Cloud, etc.

Well, all of those are just forgettable, yes. Rachel was forgettable AND preachy. And a double-slapper, a woman only has to slap twice when she is reaaally insecure.

....I have to question if someone who says that Silver St Cloud is worse than Rachel has actually read the comics Silver has been in. Silver was a lot more likable than Rachel, and not only that, Silver was the first time we actually saw Bruce in something resembling a real relationship. AND she managed to figure out his identity on her own. Most of the love interests you see in the comics now are just ripoffs of Silver. Rachel is merely lucky to have been the terribly written creation of Nolan and Goyer.

Hell, I'd take Vale over Rachel as well just for Vale's historical significance. Not only that, Vale made a better impression in one movie than Rachel did in two. And that part wasn't particually well written either.

....I have to question if someone who says that Silver St Cloud is worse than Rachel has actually read the comics Silver has been in. Silver was a lot more likable than Rachel, and not only that, Silver was the first time we actually saw Bruce in something resembling a real relationship. AND she managed to figure out his identity on her own. Most of the love interests you see in the comics now are just ripoffs of Silver. Rachel is merely lucky to have been the terribly written creation of Nolan and Goyer.

Hell, I'd take Vale over Rachel as well just for Vale's historical significance. Not only that, Vale made a better impression in one movie than Rachel did in two. And that part wasn't particually well written either.

Basically. Rachel is just a terrible love interest absolutely forced into the movies and used for preachy and informative speeches (at least in the first one).

I think quality wise Spider-Man 1&2 are on equal footing (almost) with BB/TDK--I'll give the edge to Nolan. Spider-Man 3 was a disappointment while TDKR left a bad taste in my mouth, but still had some redeeming qualities. I still enjoy both Spider-Man 3 and TDKR for the most part though.

I'm giving it to Nolan Trilogy.

Spiderman and Spiderman 2 were the BB and TDK of this genre before BB and TDK. I have nothing, but love for those two films. However, TDKR was a very strong conclusion and Spiderman 3 was horse ****, so TDK trilogy. I'd rank the six films as so:

1. TDK
2. Spiderman 2
3. TDKR
4. Batman Begins
5. Spiderman

6.Spiderman 3

Well, all of those are just forgettable, yes. Rachel was forgettable AND preachy. And a double-slapper, a woman only has to slap twice when she is reaaally insecure.

Goddamn dude, is this really an argument? The way she slaps? Lol.

Rachel is forgettable when it comes to the major comic love interests like Gwen, MJ, etc, but she's definitely not forgettable when it comes to Bruce's love interests.

But, Bruce ended up with the right on at the end of the trilogy :up:

You can question all you want, it's fine. I was never a huge fan of any of Bruce's love interests and only became a fan of Vicki Vale because of Batman '89.

You can question all you want, it's fine. I was never a huge fan of any of Bruce's love interests and only became a fan of Vicki Vale because of Batman '89.

So, have you read comics with Silver St Cloud, specifically her appearances in the Engleheart/Rogers issues?

Racer pretty much sums it up. And compared to Bruce's other love interests, Rachel IS forgettable. Catwoman and Talia are top of the totem pole. Vale has the history and has Kim Basinger's perfomance in the first major Batman film. And if we're adding in non Comics love interests like Andrea Beaumont and Wonder Woman from the JL/JLU cartoons, I can't really see how Rachel is actually better than most Batman love interests. She's definitely not top 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"