Sandman

tyler-durden

Superhero
Reaction score
As I watched Spiderman 3 for a second time I realized that Sandamn was unneeded in the film, If they would have shortened the time that spiderman wore the black suit and gave it to brock earlier, who would have made him venom who we all know is stronger than spiderman, would have given the new goblin a reason to help him ad become friends again

I said the same thing about Venom, he wasn't needed. Thanks Venom fans and Avi Arad.

Sandman was the catalyst for Peter's journey in the movie. He was far from unneeded.

Venom OR Sandman (heck, or BOTH) could have been left out of the movie ... But, personally, I could do without Venom. Sandman was very cool in Spider-Man 3, which is something I totally did not expect. The special effects alone amazed me. The birth of Sandman scene is a work of art ... It made his presence in Spider-Man 3 totally worth it.

Peter needed someone to forgive, just as he needed to be forgiven.

Venom and Gwen were unneeded. Sandman had a great character and great visuals.

Yes his visuals were great, and he needed somone to forgive, But I mean if the writers went in a different direction, then he wouldn't have been needed, Venom would have been more than enough for spiderman if they would have given him a bgger role

Sandman was defeintley needed. His visuals blew me away, his story was great and emotional, and I loved every scene he was in. He added to the greatness of Spidey3. :up:

Yes his visuals were great, and he needed somone to forgive, But I mean if the writers went in a different direction, then he wouldn't have been needed, Venom would have been more than enough for spiderman if they would have given him a bgger role

Of course he wouldn't have been needed if the writers went in a different direction. Anything could have happened if the writers went in a different direction. But, as far as SM3 is concerned, Sandman was very much needed.

With the story Raimi wanted to tell and have things come full circle with his uncle's killer (even if it was unintentional), Sandman was much more central to the continuing saga of Peter Parker's life as Spider-man than that of Venom in this particular film.

You can say Sandman wasn't needed, you can say Venom wasn't need, you can even say New Goblin wasn't needed, and truthfully, I don't think any of the three were needed...nose of those three villains had a good "villain"-y status that Green Goblin and Doc Ock had.

Sandman's story was just too bogus to understand.

Venom, even though he's truly an awful villain and he's like the Bizarro to Superman, he was far from the Venom I read in comics or from what I have seen in TAS.

New Goblin wasn't even a real character.

So, really...I think the villain should've been Lizard; and just because we've seen Dr. Connors in the second one, and it'll seem more close to the second one in where the third movie had more tie-ins from the first one.

Lizard, in my mind, is one of the top three villains in Spidey's rogue gallery; Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Lizard.

They already told Lizard's story in SM-2 with Ock.

Christ on a crutch, are you people still debating who should and shouldn't have been in the movie?

I'm confused, you guys are right Sandman was so not needed, Venom himself should have been the villain by himself, what were the writers thinking.

what would he forgive Harry for? Peter's the one who is (indirectly) responsible for his father's death.

What would he forgive Harry for?

Let me see:

- being a dick to him over something he didn't do

- trying to kill him

- presumably in an all Harry movie, kidnapping MJ

What would he forgive Harry for?

Let me see:

- being a dick to him over something he didn't do

- trying to kill him

- presumably in an all Harry movie, kidnapping MJ

Harry felt justified in what he was doing because of what he thought Peter did, and Pete himself felt guilty over it. And come on, "I'm gonna forgive you for being a dick because your father ended up dying in a fight I had with him":rolleyes:

I'm confused, you guys are right Sandman was so not needed, Venom himself should have been the villain by himself, what were the writers thinking.

Sam was the one who really wanted Sandman. He was in the very first pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"