Iron Man 2 Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just appearance wise. Swank is a great actress and has done well as an action star in her own right.
Oh I know, I'm a fan of hers. I just can't see her as Black Widow, she looks very American and, despite her beauty, kinda rough, which is not how I see BW.

Hilary Swank is one of the ugliest actresses in Hollywood IMO. Her and Anna Paquin.

Ugly??? Noway man, ok she's not the hottest women in hollywood, but I have an appreciation for her!

She's by no means ugly! If she is then I'd love to see some of the chicks you hang out with!

He also called Anna Paquin an uggo...the man is clearly insane. Pay him no mind. :hehe:

Really?

trueblood11.jpg

How can someone think ^that^ is ugly :huh:

Hey for me Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie are among the least attractive women in hollywood. Of course, that's mainly because of the tatoos, which I find very unappealing. People have different tastes is all.

You call it taste, I call it being picky. A looker is a looker, which all the women mentioned in this thread (bar maybe Dame Judi Dench :hehe:) most certainly are.

Oh I know, I'm a fan of hers. I just can't see her as Black Widow, she looks very American and, despite her beauty, kinda rough, which is not how I see BW.
That's her only drawback with her in the role IMO. She still looks more Russian then Johanssen IMO.

What the hell is a "butter face"?

Besides the average acting ability the problem I have with Skarlett, who I believe is a beautiful woman, is she's not what I have pictured for BW. I always felt BW would look like a tall extremely athletic mix between ballerina and gymnast. Skarlett seems like a curvacious and slightly thick or soft girl and not lithe and statuesque. But whatever.

Besides the average acting ability the problem I have with Skarlett, who I believe is a beautiful woman, is she's not what I have pictured for BW. I always felt BW would look like a tall extremely athletic mix between ballerina and gymnast. Skarlett seems like a curvacious and slightly thick or soft girl and not lithe and statuesque. But whatever.

Thats what workout regimens are for. Every person that played a superhero had to do it, even if they were already built from jump.

Hey for me Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie are among the least attractive women in hollywood. Of course, that's mainly because of the tatoos, which I find very unappealing. People have different tastes is all.

Same with me. In fact, I think Jolie is genuinely unattractive.

Scarlett Johansson is a real woman with real curves. She'll be wonderful in the role.

Maybe i'm not expressing myself well enough. I'm talking someone who exudes a natural athletic dancerlike body shape. Example, remember Aeon Flux? They got her wrong physically the same way I think their doing here.

Personally, I don't think a dancerlike body is necessary.

Old school Widow wasn't supermodel slim.

BlackWidowB.jpg

And none of these depictions are overly sleek...

505632725_b585bcdfac_o.jpg

37-black-widow.jpg

That works for me.

Why are people calling Scarlett Johansson ugly? She's HOT!
scarlett-johansson.jpg

I don't think anybody has called Scarlett ugly. I called Hilary Swank and Anna Paquin ugly and couple people voiced there distaste for Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie but I think we're all agreed that Scarlett is very very sexy. The argument is over how good of an actress she is and whether or not she's suited for the role of BW. I personally don't mind the casting, wouldn't be my first choice, but I have faith in Favreau that he knows whats best for the film.

it could be worse
they could have cast ROSIE O'DONNEL as bw

Scarlett isn't terrible. I think if anything the problem is that like her or not, it isn't really the kind of casting you can get especially excited or curious about.

I dunno. Maybe in a post-Ledger world I've become spoiled in that department.

Post-Ledger world? :funny:

You can't expect casting like that to happen. It's a "once in a blue moon" type of thing. Especially when it's for a role so out there as the Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"