Iron Man 2 Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree on Swank not being super-sexy, but I do agree that Scarlett fits the bill better, appearance-wise.

It's not just to do with looks. She is a good actress AND is gorgeous.

And I agree that I just couldn't picture Swank as the Black Widow. Being a great actress doesn't automatically make you suited to any role. If that was the case just get Helen Mirren or Dame Judi Dench in there! :hehe:
This is starting to get annoying now...

This is starting to get annoying now...

Well i was exaggerating. But you know what i mean. Just because someone is a brilliant actress( Cate Blanchett, Hilary Swank) doesn't automatically mean I think they can fit any role out there, this one or Catwoman for instance. Just my opinion on it.

Helen Mirren's hawt....

:hehe: Agreed! She's a GILF! When she was younger she was beautiful and she is a Essex girl!

Why not Tilda Swinton? She lights my fire.

Man, how quickly we turn on the hands that feed us. :funny:

Let's forget about Scarlett for a moment. Looking at the big picture, Favreau is ultimately the man behind this cast. This guy fought tooth and nails to get us RDJ as the starring role. This guy made a B-list hero into the top ranks. This guy got Sam Rockwell, Don Cheadle, and Mickey f'n Rourke.

Is there no inkling to give Jon the benefit of the doubt, here? Considering the great direction he's given to the actors so far, and how well they fit their respective characters....I'm more than willing to hold my tongue.

Man, how quickly we turn on the hands that feed us. :funny:

Let's forget about Scarlett for a moment. Looking at the big picture, Favreau is ultimately the man behind this cast. This guy fought tooth and nails to get us RDJ as the starring role. This guy made a B-list hero into the top ranks. This guy got Sam Rockwell, Don Cheadle, and Mickey f'n Rourke.

Is there no inkling to give Jon the benefit of the doubt, here? Considering the great direction he's given to the actors so far, and how well they fit their respective characters....I'm more than willing to hold my tongue.

that's possible. it's hard to filter out the rumors that are just that, rumors. on ain't it cool news when they broke the scarlett casting they mentioned that marvel wasn't impressed with scarlett's screentest and she wasn't even on the short list of actresses they were looking at. i'm guessing the others were booked and she was their last hope. i want to giver her the benefit of the doubt, but every movie i've seen her in she hasn't impressed me as an actress. she's always the weakest link in very good movies: match point and the prestige come to mind.

Where did you hear that?

What about Lost in Translation and Pearl Earring. She had a bit of a action role in Island

that's possible. it's hard to filter out the rumors that are just that, rumors. on ain't it cool news when they broke the scarlett casting they mentioned that marvel wasn't impressed with scarlett's screentest and she wasn't even on the short list of actresses they were looking at.
To be honest, I have zero interest in what Marvel is impressed with. At the end of the day, they just back the film projects. They don't make them. Now, if there was word that Favreau was not pleased, then that would be something to talk about.

i'm guessing the others were booked and she was their last hope.
I assume you have something to go off this guess? Who are these others?

i want to giver her the benefit of the doubt, but every movie i've seen her in she hasn't impressed me as an actress. she's always the weakest link in very good movies: match point and the prestige come to mind.
Haven't seen Match Point, and her role in Prestige is hardly something you can critique her on. Such a pointless role that anyone could have filled. I have seen her in the starring roles such as "Lost In Translation" and "Vicki Cristina Barcelona", and she performed very well in those.

To be honest, I have zero interest in what Marvel is impressed with. At the end of the day, they just back the film projects. They don't make them. Now, if there was word that Favreau was not pleased, then that would be something to talk about.

I assume you have something to go off this guess? Who are these others?

Haven't seen Match Point, and her role in Prestige is hardly something you can critique her on. Such a pointless role that anyone could have filled. I have seen her in the starring roles such as "Lost In Translation" and "Vicki Cristina Barcelona", and she performed very well in those.

marvel's money is making this movie. just like their money made the first iron man. production counts, without them there wouldn't be a favreau directed ironman. fox probably would've bought up the rights and cast zac efron as tony stark.

i don't have anything to base it off. that's why its a guess. no one really knew who was up for that role. she might be a good performer in your opinion but i don't think she's really the type of person to be in a blockbuster movie like this. she's hot, but hottness can only get you so far. oh you should see match point btw. it's really good. it's kinda like a hitchcock movie.

marvel's money is making this movie. just like their money made the first iron man. production counts, without them there wouldn't be a favreau directed ironman. fox probably would've bought up the rights and cast zac efron as tony stark.
I know they're important in the sense of getting a project off the ground and into production. But they are a business, and they'll look for the most cost-effective methods that garner little risk. If it wasn't for Favreau, for example, RDJ would have never been Iron Man. It's crucial creative decisions like these where I put more importance in the director's intuition, rather than the company.

i don't have anything to base it off. that's why its a guess. no one really knew who was up for that role. she might be a good performer in your opinion but i don't think she's really the type of person to be in a blockbuster movie like this. she's hot, but hottness can only get you so far. oh you should see match point btw. it's really good. it's kinda like a hitchcock movie.
I have just "acquired" the movie. I will be watching the movie after dinner. :up:

I disagree on Swank not being super-sexy, but I do agree that Scarlett fits the bill better, appearance-wise.
Not just appearance wise. Swank is a great actress and has done well as an action star in her own right.

I was clearly talking about the Netflix. Get with the times. :o

Action star? :funny:

It's because you're asian, man. We know ya'll be getting the hookup.

Gotta keep up with the merchandise when the blacks have a sizable interest in the market. :oldrazz:

Again. Action....star? :huh:

LOL, I'll buy a bootleg in a minute, I dont's fake da funk. :O

There are people who actually wanted Swank as BW :huh:

I was incredibly relieved when that rumor ended up not being true...

There are people who actually wanted Swank as BW :huh:

I was incredibly relieved when that rumor ended up not being true...

Next I'll be hearing Sarah Jessica Parker has been cast as Hawkgirl.

Hilary Swank is one of the ugliest actresses in Hollywood IMO. Her and Anna Paquin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"