Schoolkids of the coming age....

Drakon

I got a rock.
Reaction score
Man, thinking about it, things will be sooo much different with our kids/younger siblings than it was with those of us who have finished school. I graduated only five years ago [June 12, 2002--my 18th birthday, woot], but already things have changed so drastically. I mean, for example, people don't even pass notes anymore--it's all text messaging. No more Dewey Decimals, just electronic filing of the inventory and we work from there.

Anything else I'm missing? And how will it be different? Beneficial or no?

[This was an idea I had a while ago, but didn't decide to do it until the "What's after Emo?" thread.]

Kids nowadays suck. If you ever have one (or already have one) don't let it turn out like these fools! :cmad::oldrazz::csad:

I once heard that some pity kids today. They don't know how it was before computers. When that was not really that long ago. I would say before 1995.

Well, growing up, I always heard "I didn't have TV when I was little, and when I finally DID get it, there was no remote, and only four channels."

I wonder when textbooks will no longer be needed as kids will have laptops and all information from a textbook will be formatted into some program either online or just a desktop program.

Oh and they still pass notes. My kid has a big stash. haha. (of notes you potheads)

I think the texting though is freakin' crazy. It's all text, text, text. Just freakin' call the person and your conversation will be a hell of a lot shorter instead of waiting for a couple minutes for a reply to "What's up?" or "How's it goin?"

Are some kids just that shy to call somebody? My kid will be texting someone for half an hour and I will tell her to call that person and it will save you time. She says, "Nah, this is more fun." okaaaay???

I was at my friends the other day and she had the news on (I hate it but it's her home). So this story is of how some 7th grader had a list of people to kill and whatever (as I tuned it out).
Seriously wtf is so bad with life at that age, how you get a gun and and whatnot???
For me I can kinda feel the pain, my parents divorced (it was very hostile near the end) and I hated shcool (since 6th grade) as I was the kid everyone made fun of. How did I deal? I closed up and became an introvert knowing that after high shcool life will be completely different. Plus I did alot of drugs in high shcool to help "escape".

nowadays...my life is great =)

La vida es duro, pero es la vida...build a bridge and get over it =)

Great outlook, Damien :up:

Kids these days don't know they're born [/grandad]

We didn't pass notes in my school.

We had the radio on and got to listen to CD's while we worked in art and geography.
We had touch screen smart boards in french and maths.

pretty much all our homework was done on a computer (no more writing stuff out) which is probabley why my spelling sucks as I grew reliant on spell check.

Great outlook, Damien :up:

Thank you very much =)

kinda not related, but I talk to kids (nieces/nephews/kids in general) like they are adults becuase when I was a kid I hated being talked to like a kid (if that makes any sense).

Kids nowadays are freakin' awful troublemakers. I returned to a life drawing class of mine which I attended two years ago (I needed to build up a portfolio for an interview), and the people in the class I was introduced to...were so insanely rude.

They're so disrespectful too. One girl screamed at the life drawing teacher and even refused to leave when told to. She was swearing like nobodies business, not giving a damn...until my teacher overheard me mention that my old class never had such an attitude.

So what does she do? My teacher urges me to tell the class how crap they are. Thus, having to file a student witness form...expelling the troublemaker :|
Teachers are struggling more and more nowadays, and some kids should be thrown into the sun :cmad:

kids suck...in two years education went down the pan...two years!!

they're all about the latest "thing" and most of them have no idea what a SNES is...

I think that pains me the most :csad:

i know

i had a snes for like 8 years and it was awesome...i had a psone fore two and it we meh...now i have a wii and 360 and i hardly play them casue they barely have any good games like the old snes did...

kids need a slap

I was still passing notes in highschool when I was a junior. That was only two years ago. Albeit, it was only to like, one girl back and forth. But they still pass notes. I think that in a few years, text messaging might take its place though. If and when I have a kid, I'm gonna school him on both.

The saddest change will be that they no longer play awesome games on those big ass mac PCs.

Midnight Rescue and Number Munchers......RIP!

I foresee a much different world for the kids today, than when I grew up.

We didn't have Cellphones, Myspace, and the like. We had AOL IMs. We had NES, SNES, and PSone.

Kids nowadays have privacy issues and the American Idol mentality. What I mean by that is they don't care what gets out today. Nude Pics of themselves going across the schools, a thought process that they can't ever do anything wrong. They think that it doesnt matter if they win, as long as they try. It difficult to think that 1/4 of every teenage girl has an STD.

my girlfriend is a primary school teacher and it scared me that not only does she not teach on a blackboard or even a white board but all her lessons are on some interactive screen bollocks

that's taking education waaaaaay too far.

They're saying be careful what you put online nowadays because that **** can come back to haunt you if an employer decides to google your ass...even if you are just being a stupid kid.

they're all about the latest "thing" and most of them have no idea what a SNES is...
Why on earth would they play consoles from before they were born when they have newer consoles that are marketed towards them? :huh: Why should they intentionally stick with outdated technology?

I once heard that some pity kids today. They don't know how it was before computers. When that was not really that long ago. I would say before 1995.

I was using Commodore 64's and Apple IIe's in 1983. :huh:

jag

I foresee a much different world for the kids today, than when I grew up.

We didn't have Cellphones, Myspace, and the like. We had AOL IMs. We had NES, SNES, and PSone.

Kids nowadays have privacy issues and the American Idol mentality. What I mean by that is they don't care what gets out today. Nude Pics of themselves going across the schools, a thought process that they can't ever do anything wrong. They think that it doesnt matter if they win, as long as they try. It difficult to think that 1/4 of every teenage girl has an STD.

My bestfriend is a senior in hs this year, about every other week that I call he told me that its like, every other couple of weeks, people are talking about how some chick has a nudie floating around people's cellphones. :( Shame I thought. Gotta watch what you do ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"