Days of Future Past Scoring Days of Future Past - The Soundtrack/Music Thread

Am I the only one who thinks a movie involving time travel must include a theme song by Huey Lewis and the News?

I kid...I kid. :oldrazz:

If they went back to 1985 it would be perfect haha. Any Back To The Future reference is a good reference imo.
The X2 theme is similar to the X1 theme which is similar to the 90s cartoon theme.

I don't think they sound anything like the Animated Series, but I really wish they did.

X2's main theme and his rendition of Dies Irae were AWESOME!!! The Jean theme was really good too!

Also, I think he should take the Death Camp theme from X-Men and mix it with the Magneto theme from First Class. Also that Wolverine and Rogue theme from X-Men should come back. I know he didn't work on those, but the X2 theme was an evolution of one of the tracks from X-Men, so I don't see why he can't do the same with the Magneto themes and the Wolverine & Rogue theme.

I went to YouTube and heard the Orchestral version of the 90s X-Men theme song

[YT]Ux-LxIo22IY[/YT]

It sounds good!:woot:

Last edited:
I went to YouTube and heard the Orchestral version of the 90s X-Men theme song

[YT]Ux-LxIo22IY[/YT]

It sounds good!:woot:

Fixed the embed. You have to remove the "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" from the tag.

This is what I think of when I think the X-Men movies:
X-Men
[YT]padpEYIkq4c[/YT]

Rogue
[YT]BLmaJea4ZoU[/YT]

Cerebro
[YT]KBl00b9QUyc[/YT]

Magneto
[YT]ANjqaYtaJgE[/YT]
[YT]6oIUOqK_er8[/YT]

Mystique
[YT]T8txco64ZxQ[/YT]

Nightcrawler
(Couldn't find the actual track, so here's Mozart's)
[YT]pqaARDsiJv4[/YT]

Jean/Phoenix
[YT]6icwM_abAYE[/YT]
[YT]c2VqvIyHy14?t=2m27s[/YT]

Wolverine
[YT]o727HhaMIsg?t=53s[/YT]

Xavier
[YT]nj68jfVm2jM[/YT]

Best themes imo were...

X Men Last Stand's Title Theme, Phoenix Theme and Magnetos theme from First Class.

X2's score is probably stronger as a whole, but nothing from that film is as memorable as the themes from X3 and FC.

For the most part I hated the theme from TLS. It was too cluttered and borrowed too much from other films. The only theme I DID like from it was the Phoenix Theme and even that was just a rip-off of the Zorro theme.

For the most part I hated the theme from TLS. It was too cluttered and borrowed too much from other films. The only theme I DID like from it was the Phoenix Theme and even that was just a rip-off of the Zorro theme.

Agree to disagree. I think the X2 title is just boring and the X Men were worthy of a grander theme. Especially at the time it came out. Didnt come close to the themes of othe CB movies like Supes or Batman. I think Ottman is capable of writing a better theme as well. Overall it's grown on me a bit over the years, but I still hate the title music.

I really dug how X3 was more of an Adventure sounding scrore. It felt much larger in scope. I can see some of the resemblance to Horners Mask Of Zorro Theme, but to me the Phoenix has more of a Egyptian type sound then Spanish which I thought was suiting. Theres some similarities, but I would not call it a rip off. If it was used as influence, it wouldn't bother me one bit. I love the Mask Of Zorro soundtrack haha.

Last edited:
I can't remember any music from X2 at all, apart from Mozart's piece at the start. And I've rewatched the movie just recently. But then I can only think of very very few times when the original score from the movie stuck with me.

I'd just rather the score be something new altogether. I'm not keen on nostalgia.

I'd just rather the score be something new altogether. I'm not keen on nostalgia.

I want something new as well. I will be very pissed if they ditch Magneto's FC theme though.

Last edited:
I really like Jean's theme the best. Also, the main theme for first class.

the actual theme for FC or Magneto's theme?
The main theme for First Class was forgettable at best not as good as the X2 soundtrack. John Ottman has some serious talent.

I think X2's score is the best overall, and it works the best in the movie.

The score for X3 is probably my favourite thing about the movie. The Phoenix theme is absolutely perfect. Unfortunately the rushed and rapid pace of the movie ruins the score. I mean, it never stops playing.

My favorite theme in the X-Men series is the one that they used for X3's opening credits.

I think X2's score is the best overall, and it works the best in the movie.

The score for X3 is probably my favourite thing about the movie. The Phoenix theme is absolutely perfect. Unfortunately the rushed and rapid pace of the movie ruins the score. I mean, it never stops playing.
This might be why I find it to be cluttered.

Since everyone is doing it :awesome: ....My favorite themes from the X-men series are: X1's Logan and Rogue theme, X1's mystique theme (I don't know why this theme is unreleased), X1's cerebro, X2's main theme, XFC's magneto theme.

So clearly X1 is my favorite but X2 and XFC had some good moments as well.

This is what I think of when I think the X-Men movies:
X-Men
[YT]padpEYIkq4c[/YT]

Rogue
[YT]BLmaJea4ZoU[/YT]

Cerebro
[YT]KBl00b9QUyc[/YT]

Magneto
[YT]ANjqaYtaJgE[/YT]
[YT]6oIUOqK_er8[/YT]

Mystique
[YT]T8txco64ZxQ[/YT]

Nightcrawler
(Couldn't find the actual track, so here's Mozart's)
[YT]pqaARDsiJv4[/YT]

Jean/Phoenix
[YT]6icwM_abAYE[/YT]
[YT]c2VqvIyHy14?t=2m27s[/YT]

Wolverine
[YT]o727HhaMIsg?t=53s[/YT]

Xavier
[YT]nj68jfVm2jM[/YT]

I agree with this completely, except for Wolverine, I would also like to add that Henry Jackman's "Cerebro" is a nice secondary Cerebro theme, I don't believe Jackman when he said he hadn't heard it, if Michael Kamen were alive he would have slapped him.

Jackman says he didn't hear the original Cerebro theme!? Is that online somewhere?

Jackman says he didn't hear the original Cerebro theme!? Is that online somewhere?

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=8019
Around 22:00 he basically says he never like had the themes around, just kinda remembered them, but there's another interview, that I just can't find, where he basically admits he never heard anything beyond "Death Camp" so that he was able to make something unique.

X2 definately had the best score of the series for me, its just so energetic and epic, I would love it to return. But I liked FC's score as well, so a mixture of the 2 would be perfect. Ottman scoring this is great news.

I just wanted to bump this thread, since the official announcement was so under the radar, congrats to John Ottman, can't wait to see the movie, but also to hear the score.

Delighted its been confirmed, really hope we get a mix of the X2 score and the FC one, I think that would be perfect.

I'm not hoping for a mix from the scores of the previous movies.

I just want it to sound amazing and very modern!

I thought Ottman did a great job on X2. I definitely want to hear where he takes the franchise on his second adventure with the characters. There's plenty to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"