Scott/Jean/Logan

Mike059jig said:
If Scotts not in jean life...then she'll be hurt for the rest of her life....Jean and scott are soulmates...

They managed to get to where they are for the past 15 years because they had each other. Logan can't possibly replace that kind of a bond. What he feels can best be destribed as a crush. He may lust after Jean, he may find her attractive, he may want to kiss her and have sex with her, but he doesn't have what it takes to love her or keep a long term relationship going. For one thing, he needs to love himself first before he can love another. Second, he's not capable of appreciating the little things that are necessary in order to have a loving relationship. He's not the kind of person willing to rub Jean,s back or feet when they hurt, he's not capable of waiting for an hour at the store while she chooses the perfect color of mascara, he's not willing to put up with a woman who wears socks to bed, he's not willing to drive across town to buy her a bouquet of her favorite flowers for that special anniversary, etc. And he lacks that solid, stable mind which gives Jean an anchor to hook up to. Scott managed to win Jean's heart because he took his time and let their relationship blossoom into love. Logan can't possibly replace that by suddenly jumping into her life and proclaim his love for her after knowing her for less than a week.

Soulmates is right. Even death is a temporary setback. That bond between them goes beyond trust and love. It's a shame that X3 made a mockery of it. You need a better excuse than "Hugh and Famke look good on camera together" to break up a bond as strong as the one between Scott and Jean. And so far no one's come up with any good argument. Hence why Scott was "killed" off. Because the writers knew it was the only way to give Logan a window of opportunity. Especially after Jean rejected him and made her choice absolutely sparkling clear in X2.

Mike059jig said:
Wolverine and Jean...its so boring to me...Wolverine need to get it into his head that Jean Gonna always be with Cyke

As Beast pointed out to Logan once: "if you want to find yourself a place here, you need to do it in a way that doesn't displace Scott". In other words, find your own girl.

You want a woman for Logan to play with? Help set him up with Ororo. The way they're always bickering is proof that they're made for each other and have more in common than you'd think at first. At least that relationship wouldn't cause conflicts and it'd both give them something to be happy about.

DarknessOfDeath said:
but what if... hmm nevermind. I was thinking of something but it might cause a stir. :p

Yes, THAT is exactly the problem. The "what-if" just for the sake of it. Of all the fanfics I read that put Logan and Jean together, they almost never, EVER give a reasonable explanation as to why Scott and Jean would break up. Either they tell you to just assume it happened or there's a really dumb reason (usually the reason is like this: either Jean or Scott initiates the breakup. Just like that.). The fact that they CAN'T find a good reason to break them up is proof of how strong that bond is and why its unnatural to put Jean together with Logan. The reason why they had to "kill" Scott in X3 to give Logan that window of opportunity is more proof. Because they knew there'd be no other way to break up that couple.

Friends, confidants, brother and sister? Sure. Teammates? of course. But boyfriend/girlfriend? never.

What if Jean was really really really really LONELY... lets say...Scott is with Emma at the time... Jean could...maybe... well... as lonely as she is, she could ask Logan a favor of...ahem... being ... f*** buddies.. LOL :p call me crazy...but it doesn't really have to happen all that much you know? they don't have to be a couple...just friends with needs :p lol

Or ... who knows...they could engage in a group 'activity' with Scott and Emma :p

but im talking about beyond the movies... that is.

N.J. Borba is a fanfic author who's working on a pretty neat alternate X3 novel called "Echo.

If you want a good reason why Logan and Jean would never work out, I suggest you all read Chapter 4, section 3 (just scroll down):

http://www.angelfire.com/art/Kaleidoscope/Echo_P4.htm

Logan and Scott find themselves looking for munchies/snacks in the kitchen, unable to sleep because they're both having nightmares about the same woman.

Scott does a beautiful job of explaining the reasons. He basically pwns Logan so bad it's not funny, totally blowing him out of the water. It fits in perfectly with what we know from the 1st two movies and there isn't a thing I could possibly add or change to make it sound better. Logan not only knows he's lost, but also knows he never had a chance in bad place. Bravo, Scott!!!

So check it out! I want to know what the rest of you think

Look, don't get me wrong, as much as I like JeLO, I know all too well that it'll never work out between them. Its not like I don't know why things will never work out between them just b/c I happen to be a Jelo shipper and a...JeanScott shipper, I do understand why.

sometimes I hate suggestions when it comes to comic-books these days... -walks away-

DarknessOfDeath said:
sometimes I hate suggestions when it comes to comic-books these days... -walks away-

So why don't you read the story I posted a link to and share your thoughts and opinions? What harm could it do? You'll get to find out about Jean's favorite comfort food in the process and how Logan manages to smuggle beer into the mansion :D

DarknessOfDeath said:
Do I even care? pssh.

man this is getting old..

Well the fact that you are posting on this thread means you do care :D

word of advice, man. You have to stop twisting the meaning of my posts around.

DarknessOfDeath said:
word of advice, man. You have to stop twisting the meaning of my posts around.

If you don't care, that's fine. But you're not going to get me or anyone else to stop posting because you consider a topic to be old. It may be old for you, but not old for me.

Actually Jean is better with Scott than with Logan because Logan is uglier than Scott and seeing how pretty Jean is....

*Jean Grey* said:
Actually Jean is better with Scott than with Logan because Logan is uglier than Scott and seeing how pretty Jean is....

He once was an ugly duckling with beautiful eyes but she helped him bloom. Works for me :)

*Jean Grey* said:

thats quite a funny reason lol.

ntcrawler said:
If you don't care, that's fine. But you're not going to get me or anyone else to stop posting because you consider a topic to be old. It may be old for you, but not old for me.

there you go again, twisting my words around yet again. I wasn't directing at anyone except you.

and I wasn't referring to this thread being "OLD"...

I was referring to your other post.

So why don't you read the story I posted a link to and share your thoughts and opinions? What harm could it do? You'll get to find out about Jean's favorite comfort food in the process and how Logan manages to smuggle beer into the mansion

learn to read posts more carefully next time...sometimes I just don't care about certains that the characters might have done in the comics like Logan smuggling a beer into the mansion. I don't care about little stuff like that. All I care about is whom Jean feels she's devoted to and that man is Scott but cares about Logan as a friend, brother, comrade, despite her attraction and feelings towards him.

Hey, Darkness! Why so grumpy? It's not like you.

Well, I haven't been around for a while, but lately I've felt the need to weigh in on this -- my favorite topic -- again. Sorry ntcrawler (and all you other Scott/Jean shippers out there), but as Darkness and some others on these boards know, I am a die-hard Jean/Logan shipper. I think they make the most interesting couple, though not the easiest match. As I have said before, if I were Jean, I'd take tragic, passionate Logan over calm, cool Scott any day!lol

undomiel said:
Hey, Darkness! Why so grumpy? It's not like you.

Well, I haven't been around for a while, but lately I've felt the need to weigh in on this -- my favorite topic -- again. Sorry ntcrawler (and all you other Scott/Jean shippers out there), but as Darkness and some others on these boards know, I am a die-hard Jean/Logan shipper. I think they make the most interesting couple, though not the easiest match. As I have said before, if I were Jean, I'd take tragic, passionate Logan over calm, cool Scott any day!lol

Grumpy? Oh come on. ;) this isn't the first time I've been grumpy.

As for Jean, as much as I like JELO and understanding if they had gotten together, in the end it wouldn't last long. Think about it though, would Jean rather choose over Scott whom she's known for almost her whole life to be with Logan whom she's known for half of her life? After X2, I always felt Logan accepted Jean's choice and let her and Scott be. Since then, I look at Jean and Logan as just good trusting friends who care deeply for each other. Friends who would confide in each other- say if Jean needed to get something off her chest, but felt uncomfortable telling it to Scott, she could tell Logan about it. ...

DarknessOfDeath said:
Grumpy? Oh come on. ;) this isn't the first time I've been grumpy.

As for Jean, as much as I like JELO and understanding if they had gotten together, in the end it wouldn't last long. Think about it though, would Jean rather choose over Scott whom she's known for almost her whole life to be with Logan whom she's known for half of her life? After X2, I always felt Logan accepted Jean's choice and let her and Scott be. Since then, I look at Jean and Logan as just good trusting friends who care deeply for each other. Friends who would confide in each other- say if Jean needed to get something off her chest, but felt uncomfortable telling it to Scott, she could tell Logan about it. ...

Well, Darkness, I appreciate the fact that you have at least some appreciation for JeLo. And normally I would agree that a relationship like the one between Jean and Logan probably wouldn't last, but the funny thing is, I really could see it happening this time. Basically because of the intensity of Logan's love for Jean, paired with the fact that he strikes me as an incredibly loyal soul. And one more thing: I think Logan can understand and accept Jean in a way that Scott maybe can't. Because Logan knows what it is to have a dark side of yourself that you have to struggle to control. I also think his instinctive nature would help him to tune in to Jean emotionally -- he would always know when something was wrong or troubling her. And one more thing: I really think Logan does want to settle down. I think he's tired of being a lonely wanderer, and I don't think he's afraid of commitment.

Now about your seeing Jean and Logan as "just friends"...well, in my opinion, that will never work. Logan and Jean are powerfully attracted to each other, and people like that can never be "just friends", because the temptation of the attraction will always be there. And I think one of the worst possible things Jean could do in her relationship with Scott is to start confiding in Logan instead of Scott. That builds emotional intimacy, and emotional intimacy between two people who are already strongly attracted to each other can only go in one direction...I think Jean knows this, and that's why she pushes Logan away in X2 -- she knows she has to make a definitive choice, or there will be big trouble.

As for Logan accepting Jean's choice in X2...well, are we allowed to talk about X3 in this thread? Let's just say you never know what may happen if a woman changes her mind. ;) But, no, he's never going to be "over" his attraction to Jean, even though he's noble enough to respect her choice.

Well... Im doing a video that depicts Jean Grey's Life. Do you happen to have X-Men on DVD?

DarknessOfDeath said:
Well... Im doing a video that depicts Jean Grey's Life. Do you happen to have X-Men on DVD?

No, sorry -- I don't. Maybe someone else on this thread?

They managed to get to where they are for the past 15 years because they had each other. Logan can't possibly replace that kind of a bond.

First of all, this thread is about the movies, not the comics. In the movies, the filmmakers gave us no indication that Scott and Jean had been together for a long time, or that their relationship was anything out of the ordinary way of most engaged couples.

However, even if we assume the backstory of the comics, this still does not mean Jean could never fall for another guy. You are right about one thing: Logan most definitely has the uphill battle. He comes in as the challenger in this situation, not having the advantage of a lot of time spent with Jean. Yet longevity is not the only bonding agent in a relationship, and a relationship that relies too heavily on history can get into trouble.

What he feels can best be destribed as a crush. He may lust after Jean, he may find her attractive, he may want to kiss her and have sex with her, but he doesn't have what it takes to love her or keep a long term relationship going.

I totally disagree. Logan is desperately in love with Jean. He loves as fiercely as he fights, with an intensity that I do not think calm, rational Scott is capable of. Yet he was willing to put all of his passionate desire aside for Jean's sake when he believed her to be in trouble in the med lab. He also rejected Mystique when she offered to impersonate Jean in the tent, demonstrating that he truly loves Jean and cares about more than just pleasure. The movie writers also confirmed this, saying that they decided Logan would reject Mystique because he truly loves Jean.

For one thing, he needs to love himself first before he can love another.

I believe that self-love is grossly overrated.

Second, he's not capable of appreciating the little things that are necessary in order to have a loving relationship. He's not the kind of person willing to rub Jean,s back or feet when they hurt, he's not capable of waiting for an hour at the store while she chooses the perfect color of mascara, he's not willing to put up with a woman who wears socks to bed, he's not willing to drive across town to buy her a bouquet of her favorite flowers for that special anniversary, etc.

On the one hand, I think you are wrongly judging him. I think he would be willing to do an awful lot for Jean. On the other hand, I agree with you, but only in the sense that Logan would express his love for Jean in different ways than Scott would. I think he would be better at tuning in to Jean's emotional radar than Scott would, because Logan is very instinctive about people (just like animals) and would know instantly if something was bothering her. He is also capable of a surprising tenderness, which we saw demonstrated in the train scene with Rogue.

And he lacks that solid, stable mind which gives Jean an anchor to hook up to. Scott managed to win Jean's heart because he took his time and let their relationship blossoom into love. Logan can't possibly replace that by suddenly jumping into her life and proclaim his love for her after knowing her for less than a week.

His mind may not be so stable, but his heart is unshakeably loyal. And as I said before, Logan is very instinctive about people. It doesn't take him ages to figure out whether or not he loves a woman, a thing which I find refreshing. In fact, I think the suddenness combined with the steadfastness and intensity of his love for Jean is incredibly charming. And there are far too few men who have the guts to come right out in the open and proclaim their love for a woman -- I value it very highly when I see it.

Soulmates is right. Even death is a temporary setback. That bond between them goes beyond trust and love. It's a shame that X3 made a mockery of it. You need a better excuse than "Hugh and Famke look good on camera together" to break up a bond as strong as the one between Scott and Jean. And so far no one's come up with any good argument.

I sincerely appreciate your idealism of the romantic relationship. However, I disagree that X3 made a mockery of it. If you accept the fact that Logan loves Jean with that true and unwavering love, then it is not a mockery at all, but a celebration of romantic love, even a triumph of love over and apart from lust (they never did sleep together; Logan's love for Jean was not dependent upon that).

Again, the movies never really asserted that there was this incredible bond between Scott and Jean. Therefore the average non-comicreading moviegoer need not assume it. But, for the sake of argument, I would just say this: Jean's led a rather quiet life. Scott's been one of the few eligible men in her life, so she falls in love with him and chooses to go with him. Then she meets Logan, a man unlike any she's ever known. He stirs passions inside of her that she didn't even know existed; sparks fly between them when he comes near. In spite of herself, Jean is utterly swept off her feet. What she has with Scott now maybe seems a little old and tired. This is how I think Logan could break the bond between Scott and Jean.

Hence why Scott was "killed" off. Because the writers knew it was the only way to give Logan a window of opportunity. Especially after Jean rejected him and made her choice absolutely sparkling clear in X2.

Logan's love for Jean was the same before and after Scott was gone. Scott was never able to stop Logan from going after Jean. As for Jean rejecting Logan...it wasn't as if she had much of a choice. She was already engaged to Scott and did what any person of her moral fiber would do -- she walks away from temptation. It didn't really prove anything. Besides, Jean's reaction upon waking up from her coma speaks loudly enough about what and whom she really wanted, reversing her decision in X2.

Scott was never able to stop Logan from going after Jean. As for Jean rejecting Logan...it wasn't as if she had much of a choice.
I wonder why logan went after jean when scott was no where around:o ..check our the first movie see what scott did
the movies never really asserted that there was this incredible bond between Scott and Jean
why was scott the only one hearing jeans voice in his head??
Jean's reaction upon waking up from her coma speaks loudly enough about what and whom she really wanted, reversing her decision in X2.
oh boy not this again....look at that scene carefully again cause you are misinterpreting it..That wasn't jean that was Pheonix, jean's split personality; ever seen the movie "primal fear" thats about the same thing here same person two different people ....Jean made her choice in X2.....
It's a shame that X3 made a mockery of it. You need a better excuse than "Hugh and Famke look good on camera together" to break up a bond as strong as the one between Scott and Jean. And so far no one's come up with any good argument.
agreed.people use X3 and everything between jean/logan and blow it out of proportion in the frist 2 other movies....In x3 half the equation of the Triangle is permantely gone while the other half gets stuff in your face...

I wonder why logan went after jean when scott was no where around

Are you referring to the kissing scene? They just sort of bumped into each other outside the jet -- it wasn't as if he planned it. And can Logan help it if Scott went and got himself captured and taken out of the picture? Besides, you're forgetting the conversation between Logan and Scott in the first film. Logan has made it perfectly clear to Scott that he's after Jean. The one thing you cannot possibly accuse Logan of is sneaking around. He's about as bold and direct as they come. And I'm sure he would have been more than happy to kiss Jean right in front of Cyclops!;)

why was scott the only one hearing jeans voice in his head??

Umm...he wasn't. Jean calls out to Logan when he's standing in front of Xavier's grave.

oh boy not this again....look at that scene carefully again cause you are misinterpreting it..That wasn't jean that was Pheonix, jean's split personality; ever seen the movie "primal fear" thats about the same thing here same person two different people ....Jean made her choice in X2.....

Nope, wrong again. The Phoenix persona did not manifest until Logan jumped off the table and started asking Jean questions. And I might also point out that the same exact thing happened with Scott. Yet when Jean came out of the lake and started kissing Scott, people like to say it was this loving moment. But then she apparently turns right around and blows him to bits. Again, it was like she was Jean for a moment, then when the passion starts, she goes Dark Phoenix. Nothing there that makes her relationship with Scott special.

As for her choice in X2...people make too much of it. Did you see the way she kissed Logan? She didn't want to stop; she had to force herself to stop. It was an act of the will, because she knows it's the right thing to do. Sure, she loves Scott, but she's falling for Logan and trying to stop herself before things get out of control.

agreed.people use X3 and everything between jean/logan and blow it out of proportion in the frist 2 other movies....In x3 half the equation of the Triangle is permantely gone while the other half gets stuff in your face...
Yesterday 04:59 PM

It wasn't stuffed in my face! I was loving it. The story arc of their relationship was completed -- it was tragic, but it was good.

As for her choice in X2...people make too much of it. Did you see the way she kissed Logan? She didn't want to stop; she had to force herself to stop. It was an act of the will, because she knows it's the right thing to do. Sure, she loves Scott, but she's falling for Logan and trying to stop herself before things get out of control.
that scene in the lab people make too much of it..did you at the difference in the eyes while looking at that scene...wrong pheonix killed scott, jean knew nothing of her other personality...Pheonix was born and jean was the other personality...professor put the blocks and jean personality became dominant...after the shock of dying it released jean's powerful pheonix persona..that was not jean that was kissing logan...did you look at the scene after..where's scott?? Huh..uumm thats jean...not the one that was scratching and had the monsterous face on her......where I am? If that was jean..how come she didn't know how she got in the lab?.....once again jean made her choice in X2.....

Mike059jig said:
that scene in the lab people make too much of it..did you at the difference in the eyes while looking at that scene...wrong pheonix killed scott, jean knew nothing of her other personality...Pheonix was born and jean was the other personality...professor put the blocks and jean personality became dominant...after the shock of dying it released jean's powerful pheonix persona..that was not jean that was kissing logan...did you look at the scene after..where's scott?? Huh..uumm thats jean...not the one that was scratching and had the monsterous face on her......where I am? If that was jean..how come she didn't know how she got in the lab?.....once again jean made her choice in X2.....

I was not referring to the lab scene in that quote; I was referring to the kiss between Logan and Jean outside the X jet.

And the real Jean was present in the med lab scene. She recognized Logan when she woke up, she remembered how they met, she became upset when she remembered Scott, and she begged Logan to kill her! That wasn't the Phoenix talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"