Scott Pilgrim's Most Epic Thread Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, magic rayguns that absorb the moisture from your body and turn you into a handful of dust, which can be reversed, feels much more real than people punching extremely far and making monsters with music! :cmad:

Are you really trying to say the old Adam West Batman is an example of being normal? Do you even read the stuff you type?

And this was a love story. Being a 'straight up video game interpretation' (whatever that means) has no bearing on that. If you can't figure even that much out, then yes, I can say for dead certain, the problem lies in you.

no you bleep idiot, Im using that as an example of something using that effect.

wow, anyway I had to watch inception to wash the taste of this movie out of my mouth. I will leave now before getting banned for arguing with a 14 year old.

Yeah, magic rayguns that absorb the moisture from your body and turn you into a handful of dust, which can be reversed, feels much more real than people punching extremely far and making monsters with music! :cmad:

:whatever:, anyway Ill leave because unless there is a hate scott pilgrim thread then Ill just get ganged up on by the 2,000 people that actually went to see it. I love how you cant come say why you hated a movie in that movie thread without pissing everyone off because they dont like your reasons.

You said why you hated it. Then you proceeded to insult those of us that like it while stating the same tired old argument over and over and over again.

no you bleep idiot, Im using that as an example of something using that effect.

Well, look at that, you really don't read what you type.

you can still have that effect and still go through the movie as real life. remember that really old tv show called "batman", its ok if you dont but they had signs that said "bam", "poof", "pow" and still have a normal life look to it and didnt have people flying around and mystic powers and people exploding into coins to stick up other peoples pinball holes. like I said the tone was off because if its a straight up video game interpretation then thats fine but it was promoted as a sappy love story and a guy having to defeat a couple of *****es to get the girl. What I saw was a movie that didnt really go out of its way to involve me and was just not a very interesting story to begin with. I mean the main character was basically a pedophile picking up high school chicks. I think the son of the mask had a better engaging story then this nonsense. Also someone send michael cera a note to remind him he cant act.

You specifically said it had a 'normal life look to it', when Adam West's Batman series is at least as cooky and silly as anything that came out of Scott Pilgrim vs The World. The only difference is the SFX divide between the ages.

wow, anyway I had to watch inception to wash the taste of this movie out of my mouth. I will leave now before getting banned for arguing with a 14 year old.

Yeah, I'm coming off like a 14 year old when I'm arguing with someone who couldn't even figure out the tone to a movie that sets it's tone up within five minutes. And who hasn't typed a capitalized beginning word this entire time :o

:whatever:, anyway Ill leave because unless there is a hate scott pilgrim thread then Ill just get ganged up on by the 2,000 people that actually went to see it. I love how you cant come say why you hated a movie in that movie thread without pissing everyone off because they dont like your reasons.

Oh please, not a person here gives a **** if you hated this movie. Plenty of people have posted in here who disliked or hated the movie who didn't get hate on. You said a bunch of nonsensical and ridiculous things, and we called out your nonsensical and ridiculous things. If you don't want people to call out nonsense and ridiculous things you say, do not say nonsensical and ridiculous things.

I saw this over the weekend. Easily one of my favorite movies of all time. :up:

no I couldnt, sorry I didnt play the game or do any research on the film, Im judging the film as a stand alone. like I said they played this movie as a real world then all of the sudden eveyone has super hero powers and the lesbian ex flies around like a death eater but yet wright said in the behind scenes feature that they wanted to treat it like a real world. Sorry it just didnt work for me, and I could tell what movie it was going to be in the first minute, a boring movie with some flashy cgi and michael cera doing the same schtick hes done since superbad.

Where in my post does it say you had to do any research? :funny:

I was talking first minute of the film, you could see what kind of film it was going to become. Sometimes films start a bit slowly i order order fully immerse the audience in the world.

I just don't think you actually saw the movie and you're just trying to be a troll.

Let's not feed ze troll

But this troll is fun, and I like making the troll look stupid.

There's a difference of treating a movie's world like a "real world" and "the real world"

There was nothing unbelievable going on in the movie that you can't see working in the Scott Pilgrim world. As for if it was supposed to be like the real world, I can understand the complaints, but it wasn't supposed to be.

if the shoe fits. Why cant someone come here and say a movie sucks without getting bashed? Its not like any of you made the movie with your own money, so why would you be offended? I say the movie sucks and was pretty obvious why it was one of the biggest bombs of the year. Atleast hype wise.

I have no problem with people that didn't like the movie. Some of my friends didn't, and I didn't call them out or anything. But I do call out when someone is lecturing those that liked it into getting better tastes, whatever the hell that actually means, if that same person resorts to using childish and tasteless language to make a point.

Last edited:
Watched this again tonight, loved it even more, Routh, Jane and Evans still rocked in all of their roles, but really enjoyed Cera and Schwartzman on 2nd viewing as well, funny how many funny parts you dont get onto upon first viewing, probably a few others I still havent.

Watched this again tonight, loved it even more, Routh, Jane and Evans still rocked in all of their roles, but really enjoyed Cera and Schwartzman on 2nd viewing as well, funny how many funny parts you dont get onto upon first viewing, probably a few others I still havent.

Same here, loved hearing/seeing all the jokes I missed. It's the second time I've watched it in like three days, I think I may be in lesbians love with this movie. :o

^Ha ha, think I definately missed a few more trying to concentrate on other stuff in the background, will have to look out for some more next time I watch it!

It gets me laughing everytime Jane and the other vegan police officer do the jumping hi-five. "YEEEEAAAAAH!!". :woot:

I didnt even know Jane was in it, so when he showed up I was like "YEAAA!"

Yea Evans was good. Routh is surprisingly good...

So glad you enjoy the movie, AVE! :yay: I just love it, it's so funny. It was better than I thought it'd be. And yes, Brandon rocked as the Vegan! But then I also loved him as Supes/Clark. :o You need to see him in CHUCK's season 3, he did a good job there too as a high class spy. :woot:

Have you seen this vid? It's the full song as performed by the Clash at Demonhead in the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jMruFHTwrY

Love this song. The whole soundtrack and score in this film are great, imo.

So glad you enjoy the movie, AVE! :yay: I just love it, it's so funny. It was better than I thought it'd be. And yes, Brandon rocked as the Vegan! But then I also loved him as Supes/Clark. :o You need to see him in CHUCK's season 3, he did a good job there too as a high class spy. :woot:

Have you seen this vid? It's the full song as performed by the Clash at Demonhead in the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jMruFHTwrY

Love this song. The whole soundtrack and score in this film are great, imo.

No you don't. Just watch the last episode of season 3. That's where he shines best.

I still think it would be hilarious if you were actually Brandon Routh himself, MP.

*rolls eyes*

Yeah, well you don't speak for everyone. But everybody has a right to their opinion.. that's all.

I still think it would be hilarious if you were actually Brandon Routh himself, MP.
Is that supposed to be funny? I guess to me it'd be funny if you were his ex.. ;)

Easily one of my favorite movies of 2010. Kick ass action scenes, heart-warming moments that don't come off as overly sugary, and so many quotable...quotes.

Not that it matters (I think) but Harry Knowles from AICN named Scott Pilgrim as his best film for 2010. Yay!! :woot:

My most controversial pick for my top pick ever? Most likely. Do I care what anyone else thinks? Not one iota.

What is a Best Film of the year?

Does that mean it has to be dirty and grimy? Does it have to “feel” important? Does it need to be a giant money maker? Does it have to be so incredibly serious and inaccessible that you feel like you must claim its importance, otherwise there would have been no other point to having watched it in the first place? Is the best film a movie on every other list?

No. BEST FILM is a personal decision. Once decided, it becomes the author’s responsibility to illuminate the reader as to what it was about that film in particular that lifted it up above all others of the year.

Well, here we go.

I’ve watched SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD a lot. So much, that I now anticipate the film. Edgar Wright has made a film, that given time, will grow and grow and grow in the estimation of those that watch it. How can I say that? Because that is exactly what has happened to me.

I’ve been going through screeners of all the best films of the year. December was a very intense film viewing month for me. I pitted films against one another in a tournament style bracket in my head. I’d watch the films on this list against one another. Against films like KING’S SPEECH and THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT, both of which were easily defeated. They’re fine films, but they don’t really stand up against stronger competition, but through the entire process – I wasn’t even considering SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD.

It wasn’t supposed to be “that type of film”. You know, the sort of film that everyone can look at and say, “Harry Knowles is right, that is the best film of the year!” Oh, don’t get me wrong. There is a group that feels that way. They’ve become radiantly in love with SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD – and several of my online brothers would probably feel more comfortable naming SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD their “favorite film of 2010”. But ya know what…

I’m nearly 40 years old now. I no longer care what the grown ups say, I’m very likely to be considered a grown up by a lot of folks – and this Grown Up is saying SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD is the best film of 2010 – and I will absolutely not back down from that decision.

WHY?

Because it feels nothing I’ve seen before. Because it plays with sound & editing in a way that would make Buster Keaton smile and admire. Because like TRUE GRIT it is filled with unique and fully realized characters. Because like BLACK SWAN it dips into the surreal. Because like THE SOCIAL NETWORK, it follows the socially inept. Because like THE FIGHTER it’s about a character that everyone tries to beat down, from his family and friends, to himself, yet through it all he discovers what matters most and pursues it. Because the film is young, full of vitality and isn’t a contributing funk to the world. Because, SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD is my Best Picture of 2010.

Because a film does not have to be self-serious to be great. Because it doesn’t have to be about old people and old things. It can be about triumph and happiness. Why must we celebrate only the dark, when the light is as beautiful as this. Because sometimes we need a movie to rock us. To beat us over the head and shoulders with the fevered mania of a generation that is just starting to scream in front of the cameras with a glee that seems all too rare in this world.

I know I’m alone as a film writer on this front, but I don’t care. Sometimes you have to be alone when picking the BEST FILM OF THE YEAR. Because you must have the courage of your convictions. And mine say SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD is the best film of 2010.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47938

It's a great film. It's too bad most didn't either understand it or get into it. :/

Mmhm. I loved every single second of it of course. Every time I watch it, it's like I'm watching it for the first time and I laugh at every single joke. I love it so. :hrt:

^^Some of the reviewers at Chud.com also put it at #1. :woot: Well, geeks loved it no doubt, lol.

Easily one of my favorite movies of 2010. Kick ass action scenes, heart-warming moments that don't come off as overly sugary, and so many quotable...quotes.

Exactly! :woot: And IMO that's one of the best parts that make a film memorable and classic.

It's a great film. It's too bad most didn't either understand it or get into it. :/

I disagree. The problems with this film is that many people didn't even give it a chance aka haven't even seen it. But that could change hopefully.

How did you know? :csad:

I guess I smell the trolling from afar. :oldrazz: Whatever man, just please leave me alone; I feel like you're stalking me.. and that's not cool.

I think Summertime has overtaken Threshold as my favorite Sex Bob-Omb song.

[YT]EcYfJdYSVpo&hd=1[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"