Scream 4!!!!! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if they did return, considering this film isn't exactly what either of them signed up for. I'm still waiting for the full script (or at least summary) of what the original plan for this film and its sequels were.
Wes and Kevin have already signed up for Scream 5 & 6 if it's happening. We're just waiting to get an answer.

Id love to hear KW's opinion of the film . This debate is silly . The only scene that reeks of of Kruhger is the Anthony Anderson Bruce Willis moment

JustABill said:
Why don't you look up the longer interview where that qoute was snipped from? Because then the whole thing sounds COMPLETELY different. Stop using factually incorrect and maybe I won't have to be ''defensive" (lord jesus, another pet peeve of mine with fans.).

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/wes-cr...pt-controversy Read the follow up qoutes ''It's still Kevin's script.'' ''It's ultimately controlled by what the studio wants" (that's any movie not just this one.), ''But my job is bring my creativity, expertise, and experience"

Later on we found out he did some touch ups on the script himself. So yes it was Kevin Williamson's ideas, themes, concepts, Krueger touched up on it, as did Wes himself. Wes never ''disowned" this film.

http://www.assignmentx.com/2011/dire...re4m-rewrites/
And this invalidates what I said ... how? All these quotes just expound on what I had originally stated; the final movie wasn't fully representative of their original plan. How much of the script is still theirs is irrelevant to the fact that the studio barged in and altered it.

So thanks for the unnecessary argument that provided nothing new and should have been left alone in the first place. :up:

Wes and Kevin have already signed up for Scream 5 & 6 if it's happening. We're just waiting to get an answer.
Sequel contracts are standard procedure. I'd like to hear what Kevin has to say though, after seeing the movie. I read a few days back that
Jill was supposed to live
so it'd be interesting how much of his original plan deviates as a result of that.

Wow, even when proven wrong. Even when proven wrong. :dry:

Craven says ''I love the film's result. It's Kevin's work and themes and concepts." TWICE, proving the changes were probably minimal if his concept is still intact and yet it's still something they didn't want in theaters and everything changed and they'll never come back despite you know Wes saying he's game if Kevin's game and Kevin saying in Entertainment Weekly no less he's got twists and turns still up his sleeve for the franchise.

But no, let's just all ignore that and pretend Wes and Kevin hate the final product. :dry:

Wow, even when proven wrong. Even when proven wrong. :dry:

Craven says ''I love the film's result. It's Kevin's work and themes and concepts." TWICE, proving the changes were probably minimal if his concept is still intact and yet it's still something they didn't want in theaters and everything changed and they'll never come back despite you know Wes saying he's game if Kevin's game and Kevin saying in Entertainment Weekly no less he's got twists and sleeves still up his sleeve for the franchise.

But no, let's just all ignore that and pretend Wes and Kevin hate the final product. :dry:
Holy crap you cannot read, can you? That's not what I wrote at all. I said I (read: that's a personal view) would be surprised if they returned, as any artist could be turned away if studios intervened.

I never once stated they disowned the movie or series. That's your paranoia kicking in.

I have no paranoia you see cause I just don't give two rats turds about worrying that much over it. I'm just stating, that is exactly what you came in the thread to say. Essentially starting this whole argument with ''I'd be surprised considering what's in theaters isn't what they wanted." Yet I gave you Wes saying something twice that throws that pretty much right out of the window.

What's in theaters is WHAT they wanted for the most part, with some small changes here and there, but whatever. I'm done with this argument now. Cause it's going nowhere.

Sequel contracts are standard procedure. I'd like to hear what Kevin has to say though, after seeing the movie. I read a few days back that
Jill was supposed to live
so it'd be interesting how much of his original plan deviates as a result of that.
How much do you actually expect Scream 4 deviated from what it was supposed to be? It was still written by Kevin, full writing credit has been given to him.

Exactly, so much was minimally changed that Wes and Ehren didn't even feel it was necessary to credit themselves.

I have no paranoia you see cause I just don't give two rats turds about worrying that much over it. I'm just stating, that is exactly what you came in the thread to say. Essentially starting this whole argument with ''I'd be surprised considering what's in theaters isn't what they wanted." Yet I gave you Wes saying something twice that throws that pretty much right out of the window.
Again, misreading. What they signed up for and what they wanted are two very different things. I said the former, you read the latter -- which is what spurned this ridiculous discussion in the first place. Apparently cordial behavior is lost upon you as you could have simply asked me to clarify my position. But no, your instinct is to jump on people.

If you must know, I'm simply more interested in what the film/trilogy was like before the studio or Kruger came in with their touches. How much was changed or how much they like it is irrelevant to what I originally stated.

How much do you actually expect Scream 4 deviated from what it was supposed to be? It was still written by Kevin, full writing credit has been given to him.
I don't have any particular expectations. I'm just curious what was altered. If the aforementioned spoiler was true, then changes like that could have impact on sequels. That's all.

It's not true that spoiler. That's fan speculation. I can guarantee if Wes and Ehren had done these massive rehauls of the final product? It would've been credited Written by Kevin Williamson, Ehren Krueger, and Wes Craven. Or at least Kevin Williamson and Ehren Krueger.

So has anything come out about the differences between the original script and the final product?

I hate to tell you , even the first Scream film deviated from the original script . Every film does this . There were maybe 2 or 3 lines of this that had me shake my head and thought Ethan.

This was Kevin's film . All Films evolve in the film making process

The only thing they reshot was the opening sequence Wes Wanted a bit more tension in the opening.. Nothing in the ending changed . So Lets put that rumor to rest

So has anything come out about the differences between the original script and the final product?

We don't have access to either of them. So quit your fearmongering. :whatever:

I hate to tell you , even the first Scream film deviated from the original script . Every film does this . There were maybe 2 or 3 lines of this that had me shake my head and thought Ethan.

The only thing they reshot was the opening sequence Wes Wanted a bit more tension in the opening.. Nothing in the ending changed . So Lets put that rumor to rest
One of the smartest post in this new version of the thread so far. EVERY film's script evolves in someway as you are filming it. Kevin just wasn't available to be on hand to edit the script when it needed to be changed because of Vampire Diaries, therefore Ehren and Wes did small changes or rewrites when things weren't working once the actors did their craft.

This happens on every film.

Don't worry, you're not revealing some huge revelation to me. I realize things change, but I'm also aware Ehren is a mediocre writer and I hate that he was even asked to be a part of this. Naturally I'm curious what he touched up or rewrote, regardless if his DNA isn't too apparent in the film.

I'm simply much more comfortable with Craven and Williamson on their own.

We don't have access to either of them. So quit your fearmongering. :whatever:
It's all good Power Ranger, I assure you it was just a question.

:salutes:

He was most likely asked to write a few scenes because he had experience writing Scream 3. Most likely Bob brought him when Wes couldn't rewrite that portion himself I'd say.

I definitely think the ''**** You Bruce Willis" line was his, but not the ''I'm gay. I'm gay! If that helps?" In Robbie's side and character description there was a mention of him having a secret and there was a line Olivia originally had about him being a closet case. So I think that was probably a Kevin idea/line.

As for the rest of the film it felt pretty Williamson to me. It's really that ''**** You Bruce Willis" line that stands out for me.

What's with all the snarkiness in here? Geez. :huh:

You know what'll ease the tension...KIRBY!

haydenpanettierscream4.jpg

Hubba hubba. :hrt:

Ugh. Reading what I read today...it makes me mad that there might have been more of her that was cut. :(

He was most likely asked to write a few scenes because he had experience writing Scream 3. Most likely Bob brought him when Wes couldn't rewrite that portion himself I'd say.

I definitely think the ''**** You Bruce Willis" line was his, but not the ''I'm gay. I'm gay! If that helps?" In Robbie's side and character description there was a mention of him having a secret and there was a line Olivia originally had about him being a closet case. So I think that was probably a Kevin idea/line.

As for the rest of the film it felt pretty Williamson to me. It's really that ''**** You Bruce Willis" line that stands out for me.

I agree the Willis line was the one time I cringed.

The Gay line works fine to me . Especially in the context where we had gay being the new virgin scene earlier in the film . I think that was KW and it was perfectly fine . It got a few chuckles and tied into what we saw before

I didn't mind the gay line...but the Bruce Willis line was a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"