She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 4 "Is This Not Real Magic?" (Spoiler Thread)

That was the weakest episode so far. The "Twitter armor" joke was hilarious though, but this episode felt too much like a filler. I dont mind a case of week but it was way too silly for my taste.

With Ruffalo and Wong done its Cox time to shine now since she needs a lawyer herself now?
The whole show is a case of the week kind of show.

d5580179ae2e6fe657a941ea16ec691e769553f4.gifv

eb3ad702fee6974f82dcfa21018f5fb0174c534b.gifv

d75088e3686c05b7a05921cad6a0bb76a138e9d9.gifv

I'm wondering, She-Hulk takes place a little before Multiverse of Madness right?

It is? It was Christmas 2023 during NWH/Hawkeye, so shouldn't it be 2024?
It was 2024 in NWH and Hawkeye. Far From Home took place 8 months after Endgame, which would have been summer 2024 and NWH took place after that, followed by Hawkeye. For what it's worth, the Disney Plus timeline place MoM between those 2 things.

Last edited:
It was 2024 in NWH and Hawkeye. Far From Home took place 8 months after Endgame, which would have been summer 2024 and NWH took place after that, followed by Hawkeye. For what it's worth, the Disney Plus timeline place MoM, between those 2 things.
It seems you are right. Holy crap. :eek:

That was the weakest episode so far. The "Twitter armor" joke was hilarious though, but this episode felt too much like a filler. I dont mind a case of week but it was way too silly for my taste.

With Ruffalo and Wong done its Cox time to shine now since she needs a lawyer herself now?

Unless he is also allowed to practice law in California, Murdock cannot defend Jennifer. It's either going to have to be Pug, Mallory Book or she will have to defend herself.

We get 5 more episodes of Titania instead of two, so that's a good thing and Blonsky will be back because we have yet to see the retreat we have seen in the trailers.

At least they mentioned when promoting the show that Donny Blaze has nothing to do with Johnny Blaze. Also, Madisynn is quite dense but not annoying.

More Mark Linn-Baker as Morris Walters = :up:

Not going to lie this was also my favorite episode of the season so far. I enjoyed the premiere, but I wasn't a big fan of the last two episodes, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this episode.

Most of the comedy actually worked for me, especially all the scenes with Madisyn and Wong which was completely unexpected and now I'm hoping that character just randomly pops up in again in the near future.

I also really enjoyed the little action sequence we got with She-Hulk and Wong working together which I also hope we get more of in the future and man if the rest of this season is like this than I know I'm going to enjoy it more.

This episode had like the perfect balance of everything IMO.

True, this provides an in for Murdock. Hopefully he’s up next episode along with Titania.

Not going to lie this was also my favorite episode of the season so far. I enjoyed the premiere, but I wasn't a big fan of the last two episodes, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this episode.

Most of the comedy actually worked for me, especially all the scenes with Madisyn and Wong which was completely unexpected and now I'm hoping that character just randomly pops up in again in the near future.

I also really enjoyed the little action sequence we got with She-Hulk and Wong working together which I also hope we get more of in the future and man if the rest of this season is like this than I know I'm going to enjoy it more.

This episode had like the perfect balance of everything IMO.
Yeah, they’ve got to reuse her after this. :D

I’m glad to see Wong is getting a substantial role here, more than I was expecting.

Really fun episode. I need a shirt that says “Wongers” on the style of Stewart’s Winger shirt from Beavis & Butthead.

Couple things I noticed…

Did Nikki low-key confirm that she is bisexual? That “hetero dating life” comment made me wonder…

LOL at people who thought Johnny Blaze was going to show up on this show only to find out it was actually Donny Blaze, wannabe Burt Wonderstone.

Jen wears suits that are too big on her so that she has clothes She-Hulk can fit into. But they also look too big on She-Hulk. Come on, Marvel. Do better!

EDIT: So, turns out Nikki is bi, but unfortunately it sounds like the show doesn’t explore it beyond that single, ambiguous line of dialogue. That’s disappointing, though hopefully they’ll expand upon it in future seasons because she’s a great character and LGBTQ+ representation (beyond one or two lines of dialogue) is long overdue in the MCU.

Last edited:
This was my least favorite episode just because they easily could've taken the magic thing from the guy and had no trouble whatsoever. Didn't make sense

Jen wears suits that are too big on her so that she has clothes She-Hulk can fit into. But they also look too big on She-Hulk. Come on, Marvel. Do better!

I get the impression that's because she's still so new to this
We've seen various shots of her in better fitting clothes, and we have yet to see her in her Super-Suit

Hoping by the end of the season she's in a nice fitting outfit like this one:
clean.jpg

This is probably a personal thing that most people wouldn't care about but I do think it'd be nice if they would look for existing Marvel characters that fit the roles they want to include when making up a character. I'm sure there's some minor shapeshifting Asgardian and some stage magician using some real magic in the comics if you look for it. I felt the same with Agents of SHIELD sometimes.

I get the impression that's because she's still so new to this
We've seen various shots of her in better fitting clothes, and we have yet to see her in her Super-Suit

Hoping by the end of the season she's in a nice fitting outfit like this one:
clean.jpg
Yeah, I think she’s supposed to look awkward at this stage while she’s getting used to this huge upheaval in her life.

Yeah, I think she’s supposed to look awkward at this stage while she’s getting used to this huge upheaval in her life.
I'm sure superhero fashion wear is a learning experience, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"