Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 4: The Whole World is Watching (SPOILERS)

Slashfilm(who are reliable) is saying it’s a character that has never been seen before in the MCU.

“/Film can confirm that this surprise character is not one that we’ve seen in the MCU before and not one who is primed to appear in an upcoming film. However, we have learned it is an existing Marvel Comics character who is played by a well-known performer. And this guest star must have knocked it out of the park for Spellman to hype up this upcoming episode so much.”

So, I guess it is a Flashback and/or the person dies immidiatly. And he/she will get this credit card for sure:

So it could be a boss of the GRC? The power broker? Both?

Awesome episode.

Loved all the Walker and Dora Milaje bits.

The ending was brutal and they almost pushed an R-rating there. Really hope we see a flashback of Walker when he served, so we can better understand his mentality and why he became what he is at the end of this episode (despite Lamar's death).

Also, I love the action in this. It's not as good as TWS/CW, but it is very close. The only problem is that it is so scarce and thin spread!

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Sharon plans to hand Karli to the Powerbroker. She just seems to be too comfortable in the criminal world. Like she may have started out doing what she had to survive, but I think she's got a taste for the money and luxury and freedom and doesn't really want to leave it behind. Or she can't because she's in too deep with the Powerbroker.

Slashfilm(who are reliable) is saying it’s a character that has never been seen before in the MCU.

“/Film can confirm that this surprise character is not one that we’ve seen in the MCU before and not one who is primed to appear in an upcoming film. However, we have learned it is an existing Marvel Comics character who is played by a well-known performer. And this guest star must have knocked it out of the park for Spellman to hype up this upcoming episode so much.”

the full quote with more context

When The Falcon and the Winter Soldier first began airing in mid-March, showrunner and writer Malcolm Spellman teased a special cameo in episode 5, which he’s building up to be quite a doozy.

“Hands down, [episode] five, it just gets real,” Spellman had said in an interview with ComicBook.com in March. “And five, you’re going to cry.”

So what of this cameo? Fans have already begun speculating that this Marvel character will be one of the beloved heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, come to reunite with their fellow Avengers. But in an interview with Rotten Tomatoes, Spellman had shut down the possibility that it would be an Avenger that we had previously met in the MCU (so you can toss aside your hopes of a Black Panther or a Black Widow character popping up). Instead Spellman described this episode 5 cameo as a “grounded character” who would make a nice contrast to “world-shakers” like Thor or Captain America. Spellman said:

“There are characters in our series who I would love to see partnered with like — it’s a very, very grounded character — partnered with one of the big world-shakers like Thor or someone like that. The personality is so strong, it’s the episode five character. I’d love to see that character with Thor.”

/Film can confirm that this surprise character is not one that we’ve seen in the MCU before and not one who is primed to appear in an upcoming film. However, we have learned it is an existing Marvel Comics character who is played by a well-known performer. And this guest star must have knocked it out of the park for Spellman to hype up this upcoming episode so much.

Awesome episode.

Loved all the Walker and Dora Milaje bits.

The ending was brutal and they almost pushed an R-rating there. Really hope we see a flashback of Walker when he served, so we can better understand his mentality and why he became what he is at the end of this episode (despite Lamar's death).

Also, I love the action in this. It's not as good as TWS/CW, but it is very close. The only problem is that it is so scarce and thin spread!

If this were a Netflix episode, we'd probably get a full episode dedicated to a flashback of John Walker serving in the military and how he was captured/ tortured etc. Don't know how much of one we'd get now with only 2 episodes to go where they have to start moving towards the end rather than pausing for a character who is not even the main character.

And them thighs.
agreed.... may I add along that vein of thought, even though we didn't get a full camera shot of it, I was glad to see a *ahem* thighs of betrayal kick from him :oldrazz: I mean, yeah, he kicked people in the bar fight in Madripoor, but it feels like it's been a while since we've seen the "I'm going to send you back flying into an object/off a ledge" force kick. I'm weird when it comes to Bucky, I fully acknowledge this :oldrazz:

I'm guessing there won't be any significant repercussions against John Walker. Sure, he might lose the shield and the honour of being Captain America, but I think having the identity of US Agent will be something that is government sanctioned. How else could he operate as US Agent otherwise and with a shield? He couldn't be a vigilante, so he'll more likely be a government black-ops type of soldier.

The government won't see that Walker did that much wrong in killing a Flag Smasher because they would regard that group as terrorists.

I'm guessing there won't be any significant repercussions against John Walker. Sure, he might lose the shield and the honour of being Captain America, but I think having the identity of US Agent will be something that is government sanctioned. How else could he operate as US Agent otherwise and with a shield? He couldn't be a vigilante, so he'll more likely be a government black-ops type of soldier.

The government won't see that Walker did that much wrong in killing a Flag Smasher because they would regard that group as terrorists.

I dont know, it could be a set photo of upcoming episodes, maybe the near end of episode 6:

Besides a broken arm Walker is in his uniform and dont seems to deal with a lot trouble.

It would be so much more powerful if it was Steve holding his shield covered in blood. Captain America 3 should have dealt with Steve struggling with the serum, whether he did the right thing taking it, the public image of Captain America contrasted with the brutality of what Steve actually has to do, and him dealing with modern war. Tied in with Zemo trying to tear down the symbol of Captain America, kill Steve, and destroy super soldiers, the remnants of Hydra, and Bucky.

It absolutely wouldn't be, because Steve wouldn't be in that situation in the first place. You don't make a powerful scene by assassinating a character, you do by embodying said character.

Sam's done fine in the hero game without the serum to this point. He's not going to suddenly need it because he takes up the shield.

Or as I seem to have to repeatedly point out, Sam taking up the shield and the mantle doesn't mean he has to swear an oath to never use his Falcon gear again.

I dont know, it could be a set photo of upcoming episodes, maybe the near end of episode 6:

Besides a broken arm Walker is in his uniform and dont seems to deal with a lot trouble.
Regarding your spoiler image, there was a shot of him in that uniform in his good morning America package at the beginning of episode 2 (can’t remember if his arm was in sling or not, or if you could tell), so that could just be a set photo from when they filmed that GMA background stuff

Zemo saying it doesn't make it true, he's obviously biased lol. She is corrupted but that isn't necessarily because of the serum.

My read is that she's handling it fairly well, with her decline into further radicalism and ruthlessness just being good old fashion slippery slope terrorism. The only thing the serum is really doing here is giving her the ability to actually do stuff she would have wanted to do anyway.

( Which, to be fair, could well be a summary of the core source of the mental "side effects" of the serum in general. *ahem* )

Also, yes, it absolutely needs to be emphasized: just because Zemo says it doesn't make it true. Zemo is a liar, a manipulator, and an ideologue. Just because he believes it doesn't make it true either.

Or as I seem to have to repeatedly point out, Sam taking up the shield and the mantle doesn't mean he has to swear an oath to never use his Falcon gear again.

They can have Sam as both Falcon and Cap. He can have aerial battles and throw the shield around. It can rebound off a plane or helicopter and then he can catch it mid-flight.

His rematch is coming. I can feel it.

I mean, while I'm always up for seeing the Hulk get the !@#$ kicked out of him by Thanos, I feel like this would be gratuitous character assassination. Banner isn't that stupid or arrogant to get himself beaten up for no good reason.

( Yes, this is me saying "There is no way Hulk should *ever* win a fight with Thanos". His power level has already been firmly established as 'way the hell lower than Thanos', and "But this time he gets *even madder*" is a laughable idea for a dramatically suitable justification for a power up. )

Well, technically Thor came closer than anyone to actually defeating Thanos in IW but this does raise an interesting question: why are all these people so obsessed with recreating the Super Soldier Serum when there are so many better super-power-granting chemical formulae around in the MCU?

Like the Extremis serum. Those guys were casually ripping apart Iron Man suits like they were cardboard. Or the Pym Particle, which is just ridiculously OP. Compared to those, the normal Super Soldier Serum looks a bit weak.

Like, if I was a wannabe supervillain in the MCU, I wouldn't bother with the SSS and instead would put my resources into getting ahold of one of those.

I mean, its not like people *don't* pursue other methods of enhancement, but I think part of the appeal of the Super Soldier Serum is that it *seems* like it should be bother more reliable and more reproduceable. Tech enhancement like Starktech armor or Pym Particles is dependent on infrastructure and support, whereas once someone is juiced on the SSS, they are juiced. And whereas Extremis is subject to people spontaneously exploding, the SSS "only" has psychological side effects, mostly. It is the kind of thing where it seems like you should be able to tweak it until that is fixed, and then wham, you can relatively cheaply produce hundreds or thousands of super soldiers.

Now, in practice, I suspect the reality is that there really isn't any "fixing" the fundamental problem of the SSS. Its always going to magnify the nature of the recipient, so you are always going to get people going evil and/or crazy if the candidates aren't screened really, *really* well. However, I can entirely believe that the kind of people who dream about making armies of superhumans wouldn't want to believe that, or admit that its a real problem.

( Also, yes, this does most likely mean that the ability to create more super soldiers has actually been there this whole time. If the Army screened for the candidates based on being the top 0.1% most mentally stable, compassionate, and altruistic, they'd have probably produced a whole bunch of superheroes. Its just, everyone wants to focus on looking for the best soldiers first and foremost, rather than looking for saints, not realizing that the SSS would make up for any lack of military competency anyway. )

Why did the super soldier serum augment Steve Rogers so that he became much taller and more muscular but it hasn't had that same effect on anyone else?

After John Walker took it he should've also become bigger relative to how he already was. He could've ended up with Rob Liefeld Captain America pecs.

Steve had serious medical conditions that limited his growth. I imagine that's the difference: the other recipients of the SSS already had their full bodily growth, so there was nothing to fix.

If you want to draw an addition distinction, Steve got the vita-ray treatment, while no one else seems to have done so. It could be that a complete bodily expansion requires being microwaved while you are dosed.

Oh, and regarding the Dore and their stabbiness: I'm fine with that. Likewise for the slight moral iffiness of "We have jurisdiction everywhere!" The reason is simple: the Dore Milaje aren't superheroes. They are, essentially, Wakanda's black ops commando division. They aren't, and never were meant to be, paragons of virtue.

Steve had serious medical conditions that limited his growth. I imagine that's the difference: the other recipients of the SSS already had their full bodily growth, so there was nothing to fix.

If you want to draw an addition distinction, Steve got the vita-ray treatment, while no one else seems to have done so. It could be that a complete bodily expansion requires being microwaved while you are dosed.

That’s true. Bucky was already kind of strapping hunky golden boy beforehand, and the HYDRA assassins were already physically fit specimens, so maybe it was overcompensating with Steve?

Oh, and regarding the Dore and their stabbiness: I'm fine with that. Likewise for the slight moral iffiness of "We have jurisdiction everywhere!" The reason is simple: the Dore Milaje aren't superheroes. They are, essentially, Wakanda's black ops commando division. They aren't, and never were meant to be, paragons of virtue.

I mean, they would have murdered two guys for nothing, one of them being Captain America. I feel like that would have been a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"