Season 1, Episode 6: "Broken Trust" (SPOILERS)

Also, I can't wait to hear Campea's thoughts on the episode tomorrow. I have a feeling he's going say he loves this show even more.

Also, I can't wait to hear Campea's thoughts on the episode tomorrow. I have a feeling he's going say he loves this show even more.

Last I heard he was really enjoying it and its only gotten better, so I don't see why he wouldn't, although he can be pretty funny about stuff at times. I'm not expecting him to love the stuff with Jordan though which is very CW and was probably the weakest aspect of this new episode.

Still this is the best the CW has handled one of their heroes in a very long time.

Forgot to mention this before, but I love how Clark jumps into action during Jordan's flare-up and voluntarily takes the full force of his son's heat blast. You can tell by his expression that he's in excruciating pain, but true to form, he presses on regardless. So good...

Last edited:
So John used Super speed to stop his brother's fist right?

Am I the only one that saw that?
That's what I thought they were going for.
I'm kinda surprised that neither Clark or Lois picked up on that, although for stories sake, I suppose the writers want to understandably drag this out a little.

That whole scene and the stand down speech was quite simply brilliant!

Getting New 52 Lee Superman vibes from this. Even the nose is more or less the same from the 'full face' angle.

x1080

supermanunchained121-1024x604.jpg

Yeah. After last night's ep, I'm starting to question whether Metropolis is still on the East Coast. Or, if like Smallville, they moved Metropolis to Kansas for logistic reasons. Basically, a souped up version of Kansas City to make it easier for the characters to travel back and forth between the two cities...

The notion that a huge city —home to America’s premier newspaper — should be located in the Midwest is somewhat odd. Though, technically, Illinois is part of the Midwest. So in terms of DC’s fanciful geography, I guess Chicago could be Metropolis. And this would place it relatively close to Kansas. (Of course, in the Arrowverse, Gotham is where Chicago is. So does that mean there are two huge cities in the Midwest? :thf:)

In any case, it’s interesting that both Smallville and (now) S&L found it narratively expedient to have Smallville and Metropolis near each other.

BTW, Cisco’s map (showing Gotham=Chicago and Metropolis=NYC) was post-Crisis. But (obviously) the S&L showrunners didn’t feel constrained by a throwaway detail from a different show. Indeed, it seems as if S&L may be distancing itself from obligations toward a shared continuity with the prior Arrowverse…? :shrug:

Forgot to mention this before, but I love how Clark jumps into action during Jordan's flare-up and voluntarily takes the full force of his son's heat blast. You can tell by his expression that he's in excruciating pain, but true to form, he presses on regardless. So good...
Yes, I adored that!

Another thing this show's been really good about is showcasing one of my favorite of Supes' characteristics - his natural instinct to reason with and empathize with his "villains" as opposed to just resorting to punching. Like, unless they're 2 seconds away from killing his wife like Subjekt-11 was, he tries to talk to them, understand them, and find other solutions - first with Captain Luthor, then with Derek Powell, and here with Tag. I just LOVED how immediately protective of Tag he was from the very first scene here. Like he refused to even entertain the notion of fighting and hurting this boy.

Yes, I adored that!

Another thing this show's been really good about is showcasing one of my favorite of Supes' characteristics - his natural instinct to reason with and empathize with his "villains" as opposed to just resorting punching. Like, unless they're 2 seconds away from killing his wife like Subjekt-11 was, he tries to talk to them, understand them, and find other solutions - first with Captain Luthor, then with Derek Powell, and here with Tag. I just LOVED how immediately protective of Tag he was from the very first scene here. Like he refused to even entertain the notion of fighting and hurting this boy.

Totally agree. And as relates to Tag specifically, did you notice how he looked at Supes as he was being led away by the authorities? He was so humbled that someone still believed in him despite all his recent transgressions. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I got a little choked up, but that definitely moved me. lol

Totally agree. And as relates to Tag specifically, did you notice how he looked at Supes as he was being led away by the authorities? He was so humbled that someone still believed in him despite all his recent transgressions. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I got a little choked up, but that definitely moved me. lol
Well I'll say it - I got choked up. :funny: I can't believe that scene was cut out of the broadcast version.

On another note, you know who's really starting to annoy me now? Kyle Cushing. Surprised that Lana hasn't left him already given how horny he is for Morgan Edge. :o
Yeah. Just when I think he's starting to become somewhat sympathetic and reasonable, he goes right back to being the way-too-enthusiastic president of the Morgan Edge fan club.

Yes, I adored that!

Another thing this show's been really good about is showcasing one of my favorite of Supes' characteristics - his natural instinct to reason with and empathize with his "villains" as opposed to just resorting punching. Like, unless they're 2 seconds away from killing his wife like Subjekt-11 was, he tries to talk to them, understand them, and find other solutions - first with Captain Luthor, then with Derek Powell, and here with Tag. I just LOVED how immediately protective of Tag he was from the very first scene here. Like he refused to even entertain the notion of fighting and hurting this boy.

I'm not sure if Cavill's Superman would've said "Not impressed" and then snapped Captain Luthor, Derek Powell and Tag's necks. The Snyder versions of all the DC heroes seem a bit more reckless.

I just have to say how much I missed this show. I can still enjoy episodes of The Flash and Supergirl just fine, but it's night and day the difference in quality between these shows now.

I'm perfectly fine with this not having much of any Arrowverse connections. I don't even know how the Batwoman crossover would have worked.

I I'm perfectly fine with this not having much of any Arrowverse connections. I don't even know how the Batwoman crossover would have worked.
I honestly would've kept Kara's Earth apart from Earth-1.

The whole merging of them made no sense when there was still a multiverse, and now with half the shows cancelling, you've got to wonder what the plan was. They certainly didn't gain from it.

Not once (that I recall) was Clark mentioned when Kara was lost in the phantom zone. Nor Barry. I mean c'mon.

The notion that a huge city —home to America’s premier newspaper — should be located in the Midwest is somewhat odd. Though, technically, Illinois is part of the Midwest. So in terms of DC’s fanciful geography, I guess Chicago could be Metropolis. And this would place it relatively close to Kansas. (Of course, in the Arrowverse, Gotham is where Chicago is. So does that mean there are two huge cities in the Midwest?)

Bring back the Western Interior Seaway!

Cretaceous_seaway.png

Campea really liked the episode, especially the "STAND DOWN" bit. He got goosebumps just thinking about the scene. Said this show "nails Superman".

Good to have this show back. Really enjoyed this. I loved the little bit with the boys down in the barn trying to get Jordan to punch the pillar. Tyler really is doing an awesome job as Dad Supes. And good lord, the did an excellent job of making Tyler's Supes scary.

I feel bad for Jon. We will see what happens, but this is going to be a bigger rift than the other stuff that has happened to him this season.

Loved the last talk with Lois and Clark, even sans wine.

Six episodes in and I just realized that Clark doesn't really have any friends of his own to talk with on this show.

We all know how much Clark likes to text from Supergirl.

We all know how much Clark likes to text from Supergirl.

He's even been texting Kara all this time while she's been in the Phantom Zone and texting Chyler Danvers too. :o

Six episodes in and I just realized that Clark doesn't really have any friends of his own to talk with on this show.

Maybe Bruce was his friend before he up and vanished to make room for Cousin Kate.

Campea really liked the episode, especially the "STAND DOWN" bit. He got goosebumps just thinking about the scene. Said this show "nails Superman".

The Reel Rejects has a fun little reaction/review up on their YouTube channel as well. You might want to have a look when time allows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"