Season 1, Episode 6: "Broken Trust" (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by LL2K2, Apr 29, 2021.

?

What did you think?

1. 10

35.3%
  2. 9

29.4%
  3. 8

29.4%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

5.9%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Holy Slapper Registered

Also, I can't wait to hear Campea's thoughts on the episode tomorrow. I have a feeling he's going say he loves this show even more.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  2. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Mine had it too

3. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Last I heard he was really enjoying it and its only gotten better, so I don't see why he wouldn't, although he can be pretty funny about stuff at times. I'm not expecting him to love the stuff with Jordan though which is very CW and was probably the weakest aspect of this new episode.

Still this is the best the CW has handled one of their heroes in a very long time.

Prison Mike and Karelia like this.
  4. SupermanFan Registered

5. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Forgot to mention this before, but I love how Clark jumps into action during Jordan's flare-up and voluntarily takes the full force of his son's heat blast. You can tell by his expression that he's in excruciating pain, but true to form, he presses on regardless. So good...

#55 ArmsHeldOut, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
  6. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'm kinda surprised that neither Clark or Lois picked up on that, although for stories sake, I suppose the writers want to understandably drag this out a little.

That whole scene and the stand down speech was quite simply brilliant!

javonstokess likes this.
  7. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Getting New 52 Lee Superman vibes from this. Even the nose is more or less the same from the 'full face' angle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

flickchick85 likes this.
  8. Dr. From parts unknown

The notion that a huge city —home to America’s premier newspaper — should be located in the Midwest is somewhat odd. Though, technically, Illinois is part of the Midwest. So in terms of DC’s fanciful geography, I guess Chicago could be Metropolis. And this would place it relatively close to Kansas. (Of course, in the Arrowverse, Gotham is where Chicago is. So does that mean there are two huge cities in the Midwest? :thf:)

In any case, it’s interesting that both Smallville and (now) S&L found it narratively expedient to have Smallville and Metropolis near each other.

BTW, Cisco’s map (showing Gotham=Chicago and Metropolis=NYC) was post-Crisis. But (obviously) the S&L showrunners didn’t feel constrained by a throwaway detail from a different show. Indeed, it seems as if S&L may be distancing itself from obligations toward a shared continuity with the prior Arrowverse…? :shrug:

Babillygunn likes this.
  9. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yes, I adored that!

Another thing this show's been really good about is showcasing one of my favorite of Supes' characteristics - his natural instinct to reason with and empathize with his "villains" as opposed to just resorting to punching. Like, unless they're 2 seconds away from killing his wife like Subjekt-11 was, he tries to talk to them, understand them, and find other solutions - first with Captain Luthor, then with Derek Powell, and here with Tag. I just LOVED how immediately protective of Tag he was from the very first scene here. Like he refused to even entertain the notion of fighting and hurting this boy.

10. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Totally agree. And as relates to Tag specifically, did you notice how he looked at Supes as he was being led away by the authorities? He was so humbled that someone still believed in him despite all his recent transgressions. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I got a little choked up, but that definitely moved me. lol

11. ArmsHeldOut Registered

On another note, you know who's really starting to annoy me now? Kyle Cushing. Surprised that Lana hasn't left him already given how horny he is for Morgan Edge. :o

12. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Well I'll say it - I got choked up. :funny: I can't believe that scene was cut out of the broadcast version.

Yeah. Just when I think he's starting to become somewhat sympathetic and reasonable, he goes right back to being the way-too-enthusiastic president of the Morgan Edge fan club.

ArmsHeldOut and Sithborg like this.
  13. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I'm not sure if Cavill's Superman would've said "Not impressed" and then snapped Captain Luthor, Derek Powell and Tag's necks. The Snyder versions of all the DC heroes seem a bit more reckless.

Babillygunn and javonstokess like this.
  14. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

I just have to say how much I missed this show. I can still enjoy episodes of The Flash and Supergirl just fine, but it's night and day the difference in quality between these shows now.

I'm perfectly fine with this not having much of any Arrowverse connections. I don't even know how the Batwoman crossover would have worked.

Babillygunn likes this.
  15. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

My narration had Tyler Hoechlin saying "for everyone other than Primal Slayer, previously on Superman and Lois..." :p

Babillygunn and Primal Slayer like this.
  16. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I honestly would've kept Kara's Earth apart from Earth-1.

The whole merging of them made no sense when there was still a multiverse, and now with half the shows cancelling, you've got to wonder what the plan was. They certainly didn't gain from it.

Not once (that I recall) was Clark mentioned when Kara was lost in the phantom zone. Nor Barry. I mean c'mon.

17. Gaultheria Registered

Bring back the Western Interior Seaway!

[​IMG]

18. Holy Slapper Registered

Campea really liked the episode, especially the "STAND DOWN" bit. He got goosebumps just thinking about the scene. Said this show "nails Superman".

19. Sithborg Registered

Good to have this show back. Really enjoyed this. I loved the little bit with the boys down in the barn trying to get Jordan to punch the pillar. Tyler really is doing an awesome job as Dad Supes. And good lord, the did an excellent job of making Tyler's Supes scary.

I feel bad for Jon. We will see what happens, but this is going to be a bigger rift than the other stuff that has happened to him this season.

Loved the last talk with Lois and Clark, even sans wine.

20. herolee10 No More Miracles

Six episodes in and I just realized that Clark doesn't really have any friends of his own to talk with on this show.

21. Sithborg Registered

We all know how much Clark likes to text from Supergirl.

22. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

He's even been texting Kara all this time while she's been in the Phantom Zone and texting Chyler Danvers too. :o

23. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Maybe Bruce was his friend before he up and vanished to make room for Cousin Kate.

24. ArmsHeldOut Registered

The Reel Rejects has a fun little reaction/review up on their YouTube channel as well. You might want to have a look when time allows.

25. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Came across a few more quality GIFs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lencho01, KaijuDude1992 and Flash525 like this.