Season 1, Episode 6: "Broken Trust" (SPOILERS)

A week behind (by choice.) Damn fine episode, and the show continues to show how it is standing tall above the rest of the Arrowverse. Even in their prime, the others shows did not have the successful blend of drama/action/heart/humor that this one does. It's like the showrunners actually looked at what came before and said, 'no, we're doing this different.'

Loved those scenes with Clark 'catching' Jordan's heat vision, as well as the scene where he's hit with the kryptonite. And isn't it interesting how they were equipped with that...? His reaction, with the red eyes and the speed up right to the soldier were great. Love the interactions between Clark and Lois too, esp as parents.

Also getting a little miffed at Jordan, but then I have to remind myself that he's a teenager with a history of emotional problems. That doesn't go any overnight. Really hoping though that they write him as beginning to understand the situation he is in and he starts taking charge of it.

Also hoping Jonathan will be getting some powers as well. I don't know if that scene where he gets between Jordan and other player is supposed to show that he used super speed though. I think it was just the needs of the script and/or Jordan was not going super fast. And perhaps him taking some x-kryptonite will be how that happens.?

For Kyle, the guy is just looking at this from a perspective of jobs. Can he be less of an ass, yes, but I respect him from that stand-point. He loves his town, wants it to come back and, like a drowning man, will grab onto anything that floats. Even a shark.

Then there's Captain Luthor and his team up with Lois. I like how she was quick to see through his ruse, but I don't think he sees this Lois different than his own world's. They were probably exactly the same - until Clark's Kingdom Come moment. That was probably where everything changed with the Superman he knew. I don't think he's going to see this Superman as any different no matter what or how good he sees Superman being. To him, the end is still the same, and Superman still has to die in order to save this Earth.

...or... he might become instrumental in keeping that from happening. Have to see how it plays out, but his presence could be the reason it doesn't happen on this Earth.

Dad Superman continues to be the best Superman. Who would’ve thought this would be the best live action version of the character? Seriously, that “Trust” speech at the end is dynamite. This is such a relief after nearly 2 decades of disapppintment. Even if the show’s quality dips after Season 1, it doesn’t matter. I’m thankful it even exists.

Last edited:
E4NNy9hWUAIITPO

Catching up on the show. I won’t go into half as much detail as I usually do (you’re welcome :o), but I will say the following: the show is still very good and Jordan is still very annoying. The fact that he wasn’t actually punished for sneaking out of the hotel room (and to be fair, Jon should be punished for that as well) and possibly causing permanent damage to his brother makes the Kents look like bad parents and the kid himself just that much more unlikable. I know he’s got mental health issues, but damn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"