Season 2, Episode 10: "Bizarros in a Bizarro World" (SPOILERS)

Although I thought the episode was enjoyable overall, there was quite a few plot holes that took me out from certain moments.
  • How does Superman still have any powers under a red sun? The show has established that his powers won't work at all while exposed to red sun radiation.
  • Didn't one month pass by in the normal world during Superman's trip to Bizarro world? It doesn't seem like Superman was there for more than a few hours.
  • They still haven't fully explained why Ally merging with her bizzaro counterpart is so dangerous. Also, why would someone like her be willing to grant that type of power to anyone else?
  • Seeing that he was a big celebrity on his world, why did Bizarro Superman live in a humble farm in Kansas?

• Seeing that he was a big celebrity on his world, why did Bizarro Superman live in a humble farm in Kansas?
He needed a reason to be in Smallville so that he'd have a secret way to get green Kryptonite for his inhalers. Frequently flying between Metropolis and Smallville would've otherwise made people suspicious. He probably even excavated a tunnel between his basement and the mine, and the Doomsday suit was just too bulky for it that time he made the the final trip.

Enjoyable episode. Really loved the square earth and sun. I lol'd.

Tal had the same reaction I did to Lana in the bar.

I liked that Clark was able to do the reverse language. I remember the small bit from the prequel episode about him learning all of earth's languages, so bizarro speak makes sense as something he could do.

I did have to lol at Jordan going from emo to the UBER emo.

About the only thing that confuses me is about the timeline, as it seems like it didn't take 3 months for Bizarro Jon to come to the main earth.

So how did Bizzaro Superman get his cracked white face appearance? Was he suffering from something and could the same happen to Clark Kent?

So how did Bizzaro Superman get his cracked white face appearance? Was he suffering from something and could the same happen to Clark Kent?

I think it was from him getting addicted to the kryptonite inhalers on his world.

Great episode. So much packed in. I would have liked it split into 2

I think it was from him getting addicted to the kryptonite inhalers on his world.
Yeah, the way his eyes were constantly glowing whenever we saw him with chalky skin suggests he was taking in more power than normal, more than his body could safely contain.

Also, I wonder why Superman wasn't immediately affected by any of the green kryptonite upon his arrival.

Random observation, but is it me or is the suit actually starting to look worse? I swear it's gotten stretched out beyond repair as it's just looking baggy in so many shots now. I think they need to start from scratch with a new one next season, tbh.

Agreed. I don't think anyone would be opposed to the idea of having Superman revert back to his original costume either.

42577238-9543087-image-m-2_1620163149718.jpg

It doesn't take a genius to point out that the padding for that suit is SUPERIOR to his current costume. Plus, it actually compliments Tyler's natural physique.

Although I thought the episode was enjoyable overall, there was quite a few plot holes that took me out from certain moments.
  • How does Superman still have any powers under a red sun? The show has established that his powers won't work at all while exposed to red sun radiation.
  • Didn't one month pass by in the normal world during Superman's trip to Bizarro world? It doesn't seem like Superman was there for more than a few hours.
  • They still haven't fully explained why Ally merging with her bizzaro counterpart is so dangerous. Also, why would someone like her be willing to grant that type of power to anyone else?

Hey mate. So I agree that there are a bunch of holes in this one, having said that it's been my favourite episode of the entire series.

- on the Red Sun thing, when Bizarro arrived in Superman's world his powers didn't disappear, they were weaker in the presence of yellow sunlight. As such, Superman appears weaker but still remains some power - maybe his body can process some of the sunlight, just at a much lower level.
There are some comics where Superman's powers gradually diminsh under a red sun, because he stores yellow solar energy, and as he expends it he cannot recharge.

- I don't understand the Ally thing at all, why merging and become a godlike being is such a problem....maybe I've missed some details there.

- to me the idea that Bizarro is Superman's opposite doesn't quite scan.....if he's really Superman's opposite he wouldn't really give a **** about saving anyone and would only be out for himself.
The Bizarro version is a glory hound but still saves people and seems to take it seriously- as in his "I'm a super HERO!" rant.

Its more like he's a crappy version of Superman. Having said that, in his damaged Bizarro form he's the best adaptation of the character I've ever seen.

Evil Jon is a jerk, but plays it so well. What they should have done is have Jordan be really outgoing and assertive, rather than just a straight haired version of his old mopey self.

Having said all that, it was a great episode and Tyler was the MVP playing 2 Supermen at once. Actually Bitsie and the kid playing Jon were fantastic too.

It really felt like an episode of a Superman show.

Hey mate. So I agree that there are a bunch of holes in this one, having said that it's been my favourite episode of the entire series.

- on the Red Sun thing, when Bizarro arrived in Superman's world his powers didn't disappear, they were weaker in the presence of yellow sunlight. As such, Superman appears weaker but still remains some power - maybe his body can process some of the sunlight, just at a much lower level.
There are some comics where Superman's powers gradually diminsh under a red sun, because he stores yellow solar energy, and as he expends it he cannot recharge.

The problem with this theory is that we saw Superman's powers being subdued after he was placed in the same holding cell as Tal-Rho.

The problem with this theory is that we saw Superman's powers being subdued after he was placed in the same holding cell as Tal-Rho.

That's artificial though. The natural red sun seems to be different on Bizarro world. I mean Earth is already a square, like the sun, so it's pretty safe to assume things are different otherwise there as well. Red sun only weakens, but doesn't take away the powers.

Since everything good or lesser good has been pointed out here already, I just wanna mention a few fun subtle nods I highly appreciated: The mention of Seinfeld as president is hilarious, but also Kidder Bizarro-Lois driving away in anger in that red pick-up with the steering wheel at the right side. They must've been digging quite hard finding that vehicle only for that one short scene lol.

...but also Kidder Bizarro-Lois driving away in anger in that red pick-up with the steering wheel at the right side. They must've been digging quite hard finding that vehicle only for that one short scene lol.

In that scene, they flipped the entire image in post-production: the layout of the porch and the exterior wall near the front door is a mirror-image of the Earth-1 house. The billiard cubes in Lana's bar, on the other hand,...

Say, there's a person at the other bar, where Jon-El met Ally, who looks a lot like the Joker. He's probably a top-level government agent in that world, infiltrating the insurrectionists.

In that scene, they flipped the entire image in post-production: the layout of the porch and the exterior wall near the front door is a mirror-image of the Earth-1 house. The billiard cubes in Lana's bar, on the other hand,...

Say, there's a person at the other bar, where Jon-El met Ally, who looks a lot like the Joker. He's probably a top-level government agent in that world, infiltrating the insurrectionists.
Ah ok, didn't notice that and now I went from impressed to slightly disappointed lol. Yes, the billiard cubes were hilarious.

I just started this, and the shot of Clark looking at the red sun was maybe my favorite shot of the show! And they did the square planet! :mrk:

Episode definitely went by too fast and there is a ton more they could do. But I still rather liked. Especially for the elseworld moments with Kal and Lois. Damn, those two can act. Plus, I got Cure Jordan being sad in the background. What's not to love? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"