Season 3, Episode 11: “Complications” (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode description:

Clark helps Lois prepare for a procedure, but must leave the boys with her to help John Henry and General Lane track down the Mannheims; John Henry and Nat butt heads over her desire to help Matteo; Bruno's plans go awry; Peia's condition worsens.

I wonder if this is the episode where storylines resolved such as Lois' cancer and Bruno Mannheim with Lex coming out of jail.

Aside from Kyle being his usual *****bag self I really did love this episode. From Lois being in surgery, to Jordan developing his X-Ray vision and then Peia's powers going crazy and nearly wiping out the city.

There was definitely a lot going on, but it never felt rushed or overwhelming to me and I loved the balance of real dramatic stakes mixed in with all the crazy, violent destruction going on.

I never saw it ending well for Peia anyways, but it still made me feel a little sad, especially for Bruno and his son and then that ending was pretty much the cherry on top of it all.

These last two episodes are going to be insane.

Was that Lex they showed in the quickie preview for next week? Whoever it was is being played by that red haired guy from Walking Dead I liked so much. :D

Yes, that was Lex. Assuming that the show doesn't get prematurely canceled, I'm pretty sure Lex will be the new big bad for next season.

Nice to see Kyle coming around and that they didn't drag the reveal into more than one episode. Like his heat vision, I really like when Jordan's powers come into fruition. His X-ray vision manifesting reminded me of similar scenes in both Smallville and Man of Steel.

Of course, with Bruno's villain arc pretty much done now, makes sense that they're finally introducing Lex. Judging from the preview, it looks like they won't just stick him at the end of the next episode as I feared. Still, with the show's fate up in the air, at most we'll only get two episodes with him.

Yes, that was Lex. Assuming that the show doesn't get prematurely canceled, I'm pretty sure Lex will be the new big bad for next season.
Nice, I was bummed when he got killed off of Walking Dead, so I'm happy he landed here. This better get renewed!

Natalie is in love with the guy she had 1 official date with? That whole story wasn't played out the best

Natalie is in love with the guy she had 1 official date with? That whole story wasn't played out the best

Technically, she had three dates with him if you include the Cushing dance and dinner with his parents. :o

It looked like they were wrapping up Peia's story the way Superman did for Brainiac in Gods and Monsters Chronicles: Bomb, but then they threw in a bit of that scene from Injustice, but in a good way.

By the way, watch Bomb if you haven't yet. It's one of the best Superman stories ever.

Last edited:
This episode just felt full of dread, I think in large part due to the score. Nice to see the Mannheim storyline come to a close and looking forward to getting a glimpse at Lex in the final two episodes. I liked the Sarah storyline in this one too.

Technically, she had three dates with him if you include the Cushing dance and dinner with his parents. :o
Still not enough to announce undying love -- unless you are a teenaged girl, lol.

Still not enough to announce undying love -- unless you are a teenaged girl, lol.

Even for her it seemed out of character. She isn't exactly your normal teenager but maybe that's why she's in love so quickly

Even for her it seemed out of character. She isn't exactly your normal teenager but maybe that's why she's in love so quickly
All that psychological trauma from losing everyone a year ago in-universe — less than a year for Nat, subjectively, because she was in stasis for much of it — and I can believe that she’d hold tight as can be to even the potential for a happy new relationship. Plus, she’s been experiencing the loss of her mother all over again, sort of, with Lois’ cancer, and Matteo is going through the same thing, so there’s shared trauma-bonding or something.

Probably more that it makes a good plot point, lol.

I just figure there was more stuff between episodes. Phone calls. Video calls etc.

Clark's journey this season has been so beautiful, OMG. That scene with Peia legitimately got me in tears.

This was probably a top 3 episode of the show for me. That said, with the 2 big plotlines of the season essentially resolved, I am curious about what they've got planned for the end of the season besides Bizarro Redux. Hopefully it's not all just setup for the increasingly unlikely 4th season, because that would just be super sad. :(

Clark's journey this season has been so beautiful, OMG. That scene with Peia legitimately got me in tears.

This was probably a top 3 episode of the show for me. That said, with the 2 big plotlines of the season essentially resolved, I am curious about what they've got planned for the end of the season besides Bizarro Redux. Hopefully it's not all just setup for the increasingly unlikely 4th season, because that would just be super sad. :(

I didn’t watch the final season of Supergirl, but I understand that it ended with Kara going public with her identity, and so maybe the S&L writers won’t want to go that same route, but I think Clark has a good reason to consider it.

There’s the dilemma Clark had to face last week, where keeping his identity secret (to protect his family) ended up delaying his response to Peia’s escape, thereby endangering Clark’s wife and father-in-law and many soldiers. Kyle was being loud and angry, but he wouldn’t have wanted to delay Superman from responding to that emergency. Kyle knows the secret now, but most people still don’t, and I think that Clark will have to take a serious look at whether keeping the secret has more potential to cause harm than good.

Last season, the other Superman didn’t have a secret identity but still managed to live in the farmhouse in Smallville without being attacked there by villains or hounded by the press. The El family had personal problems, but not security problems from Kal being “out”.

I didn’t watch the final season of Supergirl, but I understand that it ended with Kara going public with her identity, and so maybe the S&L writers won’t want to go that same route, but I think Clark has a good reason to consider it.

There’s the dilemma Clark had to face last week, where keeping his identity secret (to protect his family) ended up delaying his response to Peia’s escape, thereby endangering Clark’s wife and father-in-law and many soldiers. Kyle was being loud and angry, but he wouldn’t have wanted to delay Superman from responding to that emergency. Kyle knows the secret now, but most people still don’t, and I think that Clark will have to take a serious look at whether keeping the secret has more potential to cause harm than good.

Last season, the other Superman didn’t have a secret identity but still managed to live in the farmhouse in Smallville without being attacked there by villains or hounded by the press. The El family had personal problems, but not security problems from Kal being “out”.
Not saying they wouldn't do it, but I hated it in the comics, would hate it here.

The obvious death of everyone's least favorite character. I will cry.... tears of joy.

When my oldest son had his first girlfriend, I took him aside and said “listen. This girl is nice. She’s great and she’s pretty. But you guys have lots of hormones going through your bodies. You will think that you’re in love. You might even have thoughts that she might be the girl that you’ll marry in 5-10 years. But trust me, those same hormones that make you think this will lead to you all most likely breaking up in somewhere between 2-6 months from now. It won’t be because either of you are bad people. It’ll just be because of your chemistry in your body. But my advice: don’t use the ‘L’ word with her. You’ll feel a lot of stuff that you will think is love. But it really won’t be.” And then I told him that my expectation was that despite my best advice, he won’t listen and that he would probably do it anyway. But just to know that when he is heartbroken, that his family would be there without judgment. Two months later he was moody and then said “remember all that advice you gave me? You were right and I was stupid.” To which I said “no. You were a 15 year old boy just like your dad was. Don’t worry. This will happen a couple more times but you’ll get better at it.”

The old adage is true: teenage romances are a candle that burns hot but burns short.

Not saying they wouldn't do it, but I hated it in the comics, would hate it here.
Yeah. There’s a reason why the minute DC put good writers like PKJ on Superman and Action Comics, they went about dismantling what they could from Bendis’ abysmal run. Now if only they could make Jonathan 10 years old again…

Having Williamson on Superman and PKJ on Action is such a gift right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"