Season 3, Episode 7: “Forever and Always” (SPOILERS)

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
PROMO:

OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION:
HIDDEN TRUTHS - Lois (Elizabeth Tulluch) and Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) dig deeper on Bruno Mannheim (Chad Coleman), starting with his connections to Hob’s Bay Medical Center, while Jonathan (Michael Bishop) and Jordan (Alex Garfin) panic at home over Lois’ dire diagnosis. Meanwhile, Matteo (guest star Spence Moore II) comes to Smallville to meet John Henry (Wole Parks) for the first time, and Sarah (Inde Navarrette) and Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik) start to break the ice.

@flickchick85

Pretty sure this will make a few fans happy.

Fu6AWjuX0AEm6g0

Looks like ethical dilemmas incoming.

So this will be a Bruno and Peia Mannheim focused episode hmmmm that’s interesting but I love stories that focus on villains backstory and what shaped them since Smallville with Lex so I am looking forward to this one.

Wow Jonathan that’s was an intense conversation with Lois and Clark.

Great episode. I love the mirror between Lois and Clark and Peia and Bruno but yeah, I called Matteo being Bruno's son since we met him at the party. I even liked the stuff with Lana, John, Sarah and Chrissy

I think we all pretty much saw that twist coming a mile away, but at least its finally confirmed and overall, there were a lot of great, tense moments in this episode with Bruno Mannheim and some nice dramatic moments for John Henry. Also, all the Lexx Luthor talk has me really anticipating his debut in this show as well.

I almost keep forgetting he's supposed to show up at some point.

I loved Clark's interview with Bruno. I'm always happy when we get extended bits with him as a reporter. I also appreciate the way Clark is portrayed during scenes like this. Affable, but clearly competent.

This was the first kinda "meh" ep of the season for me. The performances were good, but a lot of it was stuff we knew was coming - Lois & Clark finding out about Peia, Matteo revealed as Bruno's son, the inevitable "try to use Kryptonian tech to save Lois" bit, Jon & Jordan getting frustrated about being kept in the dark, etc., so it just kinda felt like the motions we have to go through to move forward.

Nice to see John Henry & Natalie again. And nice to get a little John/Lana progress.

Sarah reeeaaaallly has a bratty side. I mean, she redeemed herself throughout the ep, but damn, that inner-mean girl's really coming out this season.

I hope they don't water down Bruno too much. Lois was chasing a ruthless crime boss, and he should still be a ruthless crime boss. And maybe it's because all the plot developments felt rather inevitable/perfunctory, but I really felt the lack of Supes action in this one. More Reporter!Clark made up for it a little bit, though. Y'all know I can't get enough Reporter!Clark.

Next week looks good.

They had to address Clark not spending much time with Jonathan as this made up for it.

Matteo being Bruno Mannheim's son is something we saw coming a mile away.

Writers need to be reminded that Bruno Mannheim is still a villain. These flashbacks are fine, but if we end up rooting for Bruno Mannheim after humanizing him problem is that he would not be a good antagonist. I agree that Mannheim still needs to be the crime boss he was meant to be.

The mob execution scene can’t have taken place many years ago, because the S&L universe doesn’t have metas. Bruno and Peia are therefore a new couple. Did they have a fling (and Matteo) long ago and are only recently together again, or is John Henry Irons going to turn out to be Matteo’s biological father?

Last edited:
This show has done a good job of replacing Silver Banshee’s goofy skull makeup with the much more impactful cancer metaphor.

Last edited:
Why doesn’t Superman stop all wars? (This, roughly, was the plot of that cinematic classic, Superman IV.) It’s a good question. But since there’s no satisfying answer, it’s probably best not to bring up the subject.

Along the same lines: If you suggest that advanced Kryptonian tech could perhaps cure cancer, but then reject the option because of… reasons, then why mention that tech at all? Benefit of the doubt, reintroducing the Lara AI will have some payoff in a future episode. But in the meantime, that scene came off as clumsy and unsatisfying.

Why doesn’t Superman stop all wars? (This, roughly, was the plot of that cinematic classic, Superman IV.) It’s a good question. But since there’s no satisfying answer, it’s probably best not to bring up the subject.
I like Lex Luthor’s cynical challenge in Superman: Red Son: “Why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle, Superman?"
Along the same lines: If you suggest that advanced Kryptonian tech could perhaps cure cancer, but then reject the option because of… reasons, then why mention that tech at all? Benefit of the doubt, reintroducing the Lara AI will have some payoff in a future episode. But in the meantime, that scene came off as clumsy and unsatisfying.
Seeing as Mannheim immediately weaponized the side effects of the cancer treatment his team developed from Superman’s blood, I can believe Superman would choose to err on the side of caution. Once the genie is out of the bottle…

The mob execution scene can’t have taken place many years ago, because the S&L universe doesn’t have metas. Bruno and Peia are therefore a new couple. Did they have a fling (and Matteo) long ago and are only recently together again, or is John Henry Irons going to turn out to be Matteo’s biological father?

May not have metas, but clearly other super powered villains. See, Atomic Skull hologram. Also, the military didn't just ramp up a super powered school in season 1. Also, Lex has been in jail for 20 years, and he is clearly still up an running in the flashbacks.

Good acting all around. I expected the reveals of all the family to happen at once, but it was good to see Preia reveal who she was to Lois, even if it wasn't the full truth. I liked the scene with Clark and Jonothan. We haven't gotten enough with just those two.

Chrissy's gummies made me laugh.

Wow, I just found out that Michael Bishop's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer around five years ago.

I feel like they got a budget cut this season?

I enjoy seeing superheroes day2day but its SOOO much normalcy nowadays and a lot of romantic drama. Just as we end the Krushing/Chrissy drama, we're gearing up for the Irons/Mannheim drama.

I think we are at the part of the story that super power stuff shouldn't be the focus.

I like how this show is turning the Star Wars joke about every black character being related to Lando into a reality. :funny:

This show has done a good job of replacing Silver Banshee’s goofy skull makeup with the much more impactful cancer metaphor.
Except for the fact that the character is the Superman and Lois version of Onomatopoeia, not Silver Banshee, regardless of her power strongly resembling that of Silver Banshee.

I have to say the "Screw cancer!" scene was inadvertently funny. It just seemed so obvious they wanted to say "F cancer" instead but obviously couldn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"