Season 3, Episode 6: Of Sound Mind

Superman's true weaknesses are that he can't be everywhere at once and can't stop the Human natural causes hence his adopted parents' passing and Lois' cancer.

Liked that episode quite a bit. The Sophie stuff was interesting and hilarious at the same time but it also gave a good little storyline for Jonathan and ngl, I like him with Sarah.

I should have seen that twist coming too but I didn't and I like it! This season is starting to get real interesting.

Just started it and I had almost forgot Lana had two kids. :funny:

And, "what do you want from me? I'm not a doctor." is one I'm finding an everyday use for.
She's at that age where, every time she reappears after vanishing for half a season, she's grown three inches.

Another great ep! This season's on fire, ngl. Unless they truly fumble the 2nd half (which is very possible because I sense a big change in the wind is imminent, with a certain Luthor on the horizon), it may very likely be my new favorite season. By quite a lot.

I'm embarrassed to say I did not see that ending reveal coming. And I even already knew via future episode descriptions that Bruno and Onomatopoeia were married! But it didn't even occur to me in the slightest that it could be Lois' new friend. The shame! :doh::O

On the bright side, now that the direction they're going with Bruno's character is clearer, I'm far less worried about them pulling a Cottonmouth with him, so yay.

I LOVE that they introduced the concept of Jordan's human side actually being a strength while out there superhero-ing, making him less susceptible to Clark's weaknesses. I don't recall them doing that with Jon Kent in the comics, but maybe I missed it, as I don't read his solo stuff. But I just love that idea a whole lot, as it spins the whole "your human half makes you weaker" thing on its head.

Go Sarah/Jon. Should've been the main teen ship from the start. Sorry, Jordan. And yeah, I officially like New Jon a lot. Both the actor, and the character's writing this season.

I did miss John Henry and Nat this week.

Kyle, please leave and give us fun Chrissy back. You can take your youngest with you for company.

This season has been a significant improvement over two, even six episodes in. The care and attention to detail that they've put into Lois' treatment storyline have been really impressive. They've done a great job at showing each family member's different stages of grief while processing this kind of trauma. I was honestly a little worried when it started that it would slip into melodrama, but they've handled it very tastefully.

Also, this is the first episode where I've stopped noticing the change in actors for Jonathan. The new actor never felt out of place here, and I think this was his best showing yet.

This season is out here like:

wwe-banger.gif

In regard to the potential pairing between Sarah and Jonathan, am I the only one that would find it kind of weird/gross?lol Then again, I've never been a fan of siblings having had the same partner at one point. Also, does anyone know how old Sophie is supposed to be in this show? Personally, I did feel sorry for all of the times that she was glossed over by her family and it kind of felt relatable in a way.

On another note, I really loved Tyler's performance in tonight's episode. It really allowed him to flex his acting muscles and the action was an upgrade from last week's episode.

"Everyone keeps forgetting about me"

Yes dear, we do. Because we never see you on screen.

Its crazy how much more chemistry Sarah has with New Jon over Jordan. Why do I suspect a sub plot of next weeks episode is going to be Lana and Jordan fuming over their exes?

Boy, there are going to be some messy reveals when all of Bruno's family is revealed.

I did love how they made one of this Clark's greatest strengths in portrayal, his amazing optimism and hope, and turned it into a weakness with dealing with Lois's cancer. And the actors going full out with it. Major props to Hoechlin and Tulloch.

I like that kryptonite doesn't affect Jordan, hadn't actually considered that possibility. That makes him more useful to have around with Clark as a defence/hedge against kryptonite-based attacks.

It's good to get interesting villains here.

Clark not being able to keep Lois safe and acting irrationally about it was a kind of human and relatable reaction to such a difficult situation, one where Superman has no advantage compared to anyone else.

I wrote the above about Kyle before I saw the scene near the end. Got to say this is actually getting on my nerves coming at the end of an episode where I'd rather remember other stuff. I love this show but this part of it I consider actually bad. Also it's completely ruining the charm and fun of Chrissy! :cmad:

"Everyone keeps forgetting about me"

Yes dear, we do. Because we never see you on screen.
Ha, that reminds me. Sophie (had to google her name as I legit didn't know :D) finally made a useful contribution to the show.

"My parents, my brother, they're kind of a big deal."
"Jordan's not a big deal. I mean, Sarah dumped him" :funny::funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"