Season 2, Episode 3: "The Thing in the Mines" (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by flickchick85, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Perfect Cell I wish you weren't so f***in' awkward, bud

Him and Zatanna could talk the night away.

I guess the "Me am Bizarro" type of speech was never going to fly. It would be a tough thing to pull off.

2. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

They did the bait and switch again like they did with Lex Luthor/Steel and Morgan Edge/Tal Rho. Glad we got Bizarro rather than Doomsday.

I feel like they might have the XK PEDs unlock Jonathan's kryptonian powers or something. Perhaps Jonathan could develop energy based powers like Blue era Superman.

I wonder what Amertek want with Bizarro?

3. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I wonder if Bizarro's pendant is the Blue Kryptonite that may keep him in check.

As for Jonathan, they have powers to choose from:
    1) Tactile Telekinesis
    2) Electric Red or Blue
    3) Unchained Armor

4. titansupes Registered

Really enjoying this season so far and this episode is the best of the three. Hoechlin and Tulloch in particular continue to kill it.

Not totally surprised by the villain twist, I thought the reveal would involve Clark in someway after all those visions.

We definitely can't have the Evil Superman from John Henry's world come through anytime soon, between Edge and Bizarro I think we're all tapped out for mirror Clarks.

Lois being confronted by the cult lady got an "oooh damn" from me, looking forward to seeing that.

Do we know what he's saying in the last scene in the Fortress? Sounds like a kind of "muh" some... "Home" backwards, maybe?

Slick, KaijuDude1992 and flickchick85 like this.
  5. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Idk, I haven't seen anyone reverse that one yet, weirdly. That does sound like a solid guess, though, imo.

6. titansupes Registered

Bang, found right in the above Twitter thread. Wonder if he's a government/Amertek experiment gone wrong or if he's from a Bizarro World/dimension... Clearly he knows the Fortress, but it could be genetic memory from our Clark or just him thinking about his own.

7. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Oh nice! :up:

Yeah right now I'm running on the theory that it's kinda both - that the government/Amertek is experimenting with the multiverse now that they know there are parallel Earths, and either managed to create a mirror universe, OR just figured out how to open a portal of some kind to another world, and Bizarro so far is what "came through."

titansupes likes this.
  8. LifesEnd Registered

I would love it if hes a tragic villain. maybe they could do the bizarro speak later while hes degrading etc. or the pendant keeps him more put together.

Also not hundred per cent willing to rule out doomsday yet either tbh.

9. NotNickFury Registered

Enraged Clark reminded me of Jesse Custer speaking with the voice of God on Preacher. Also, nice to see General Lane back. Though I'm more and more curious about Lucy's introduction to the series.

10. Arrow1987 Registered

I wonder if that cult is going to be a threat in season 2 as well.

Also was Bizzaro wearing a blue kryptonite necklace.

11. LifesEnd Registered

so far in terms of antagonists its:

Bizarro(seemingly being used by amertek/government(?)), amertek woman/working with or for someone , Anderson and his team as opposition, ally Allston and her cult.

Lot of angles but possible connections between a few of them also the xk smuggling/dealing might be related too.

12. Slick Yup

I remember reading that Todd Helbing saying that Clark and Lois storyline’s would eventually combine with Lois story coming more to the forefront in the last half.

So Allie becoming Parasite is a strong possibility or like others have said a threat that hasn’t been introduced yet.

13. hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Could bring in Emil Hamilton/Ruin. He created that version of Parasite after all. In fact I think he &/or STAR labs could fit quite well with this plot with Amertec too.

And it'd be a good way of bringing in more mention of Lex (because of his history with him) even if they don't bring Lex into the series fully yet.

Lily Adler, Slick and flickchick85 like this.
  14. Kev4000 Registered

I like that they go with Bizarro here instead of Doomsday, just hoping they dont make him too dumb. That could get annoying very fast.

Im surprised how interested I am in Lanas mayor plot.

Slick likes this.
  15. Erik20 Registered

Jonathan should've broken his hand (again) when he accidentally hit his dad. Punching Superman should feel like hitting a brick wall if you're human.

16. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

Unless he adopted some of his dad's invulnerability. :ninja:

Erik20 likes this.
  17. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Ruin was on my villains wishlist for this show so I’d be all about that!

Lily Adler likes this.
  18. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I'd like it if they took inspiration from Frankenstein (the book), and had Bizarro slowly become smarter over time, still have him speak backwards, but not have him be stupid, or genuinely evil, he works best as a tragic villain.
    Glad we're getting Bizarro and not Doomsday, that story needs at least a few more years off before they tap that well again.

Kev4000 and Slick like this.
  19. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

Ruin is perfect for this show!

flickchick85 likes this.
  20. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville...

They duped me again, I love it! Freaking Bizarro! I'm loving this show so much.

21. Gaultheria Registered

This episode seems to be a Herobrine reference, what with the coldly glowing eyes of The Thing in the Mines, the scary duplicate of the main character from Minecraft.

22. Doctor Jones Super Moderator

With how she knocked John out I thought Mercy Graves. Expecting Luthor might be too much though.

And Bizarro! :wow: I was willing to go with them with Doomsday, but this is so much better. Because I kept wondering how much longer they could shoot Doomsday like that. :funny:

I had my worries if they'd fall into the CW traps this season, but this proves these guys know what they're doing. I'm just thrilled we're finally exploring new Superman territory with this show. It's where the movies should have gotten to by now had WB understood the character. Almost like making up for lost time.

#72 Doctor Jones, Jan 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  23. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

[​IMG]

Doctor Jones and flickchick85 like this.
  24. Doctor Jones Super Moderator

25. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I hope they investigate on who is behind the Bizarro clone.