Season 5 Episode 6 Discussion "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

How is Theon coming back to life? He had his chance to do something and it would have been so easy to do so.

He didn't do anything though, and instead just seemed to develop a stiff upper lip in the final moment.

Patience is virtue.

This episode may have reminded Theon of who he used to be.
Very much the womanizer himself.

The whole fight was complete ****. The choreography, the acting, the editing. I hope the Doom comes to Dorne and Areo manages to escape with Doran.

Ain't that the truth. The Sand Sisters did not look believable at all during the fight scene, worst of the series.

The Dorne parts of the episode were done really poorly. Amateurishly even.

I also love that Jaime's "plan" amounts to going into the palace in broad daylight, walking up to Joffrey's sister and saying "hey, let's go home". In front of a Dornish prince no less.

I'm also not sure how the Sand Snakes' "plan" was supposed to work.

Ellaria sure seemed surprised when her plan foiled haha.

The big problem here is that Sansa is suppose to be different now. She is suppose to be the one in charge, playing the game. They basically regulated her back to where she left off with Joffrey.

exactly.

she's constantly in the victim position, going from one "house of wolves" to another.

it's getting tiresome to watch.

her revenge on the Boltons better be swift and satisfying. otherwise, there would be no real growth to her character. she's essentially the same as she's been for the last several seasons that I've watched.

Acting what way? I genuinely thought her wedding dress was pretty.

Look, I'm sorry, but the inevitable outcome of Sansa's marriage to Ramsay isn't getting me down.

Ramsay finally overplayed his hand. Theon is coming back to life. And hopefully Ramsay thinks he has Sansa fully under his thumb. His overconfidence will be his undoing. Ramsay has essentially hoisted himself upon his own petard. He just doesn't know it yet.

Its terrible for Sansa in the present, but in the long run this one act of Ramsay's is going to be the undoing of him and hopefully the Bolton's at large. As long as Sansa remains strong and continues on her path to revenge undeterred I'm gonna see this through, and see where D&D lead us.

I hope you are right.

but still......the ending was hard to watch. :(

This should've played over the end credits.

[YT]bFZj6Fnq4G4[/YT]

You guys don't think they're going to merge Sansa with Jayne Westerling as well now do you?

Pregnant with Robb's child? :o

Pregnant with a child. Technically still a Stark heir. It's incentive for Brienne to get her to Riverrun, to Blackfish her last living blood relative and incentive for the Boltons and Freys to go after her.

See what I don't get is Sansa is not supposed to be there at all. So this is a huge change from the book.

The final scene didn't phase me. It actually went "better" than I was expecting.

I hoped that Reek snaps somehow and kills the guy.. but the preview proved me wrong, hes still alive there -_-

See what I don't get is Sansa is not supposed to be there at all. So this is a huge change from the book.

Its still Ramsey marrying a Stark daughter (althoughin the book it was a false Arya), and book Sansa hasnt been doing anything at all besides babysitting - so it actually has made the character more interesting.

IMHO the changes from the books are a indication of how characters like Jaimie and Sansa's arc will have very little impact of the larger scheme of things storywise.

It really shows how Martin has let the story get away from him.

On another note, I have to agree with those who have said the show has done a horrible job of adapting the Dornish.

Last edited:
Dud of an episode.

- Arya's storyline is moving at the speed of molasses. It reminds me of the Theon being tortured storyline from season 3. It had better pick up soon.

- The Sand Snakes were so lame. Hopefully this is the last we'll see of them. Ellaria must do something though, because Myrcella's death was telegraphed in Cersei's childhood scene.

- Crap, now Jamie's been captured again. I hope he gets released quickly and we're not in for another dragged out captivity like in season 2.

- I don't have any problems with Sansa's story. There's nothing she can do to oppose Ramsey at this point in time since he's well within his rights, but Stannis is coming and she's still got Brienne in her corner. Ramsey's headed for a hard fall, I'm sure. She asserted herself to Myranda and that's more than she would've done at King's Landing.

- So will the commoners rise up to save Margery or has the High Sparrow replaced her in the mob's affections? I can't wait to see Cersei and Olenna square off. Olenna's offed royalty before and she won't hesitate to do it again. This, along with Tyrion and Jorah, were the only good plotlines of the episode.

Sansa's trauma better not be used as a story device to develop Theon. Are there no better ways to do that?

Cersei was unbelievably frustrating. She's my top "love to hate" character.

Sansa's trauma better not be used as a story device to develop Theon.

It's going to happen.

Are there no better ways to do that?

Well, Roose Bolton/other book readers have explained that Ramsay gets married to a Nordling girl and rapes her, so hence they felt it was an accurate portrayl to have Sansa raped as well.

I think it is a bit of a shame to see this happen to Sansa, especially when it didn't happen in the books, but what other vile thing could Ramsay have had done that causes Sansa and Theon both to finally realize they need to become as dangerous and vile as their enemies?

Of course this is me hoping that Sansa becomes something else than a damsel, because it's already really boring that she's been a damsel for so many seasons and Littlefinger didn't even bother to give her royal guards or anything.

As a non-book reader, what happened to Sansa wasn't really surprising to me. Considering the brutality of the show and how many times she had previously been saved at the last minute by Tyrion or the Hound, it was bound to happen eventually.

As I understand in the books, nothing really happens in her storyline at this point, so I am glad they are going in a different direction. Now, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the aftermath. But given D&D's understanding of the world of GOT, I have faith that they will actually show the consequences of the rape and not just brush it off as some are assuming.

In the books it wasnt *just the rape of Jeyne that got him to snap out of his terror, it was that, the guilt of being in Winterfell again and the deep, deep grief he felt for not having been beside Robb when he needed him the most and the realisation that the Starks were indeed his true family. Coupled with a little help from the Old Gods.

If the song ends with Starks returning to Winterfell and becoming Wardens of the North, a lot of it will be through Theon's actions. Sansa taking one for him now, will likely end up with Theon dying to further Sansa's story in the future anyway.

is it bad that i already want episode 8 to be here already? I'm dying to know what happens at hardhome.

I can't wait to see Cersei and Olenna square off. Olenna's offed royalty before and she won't hesitate to do it again.

Can't wait for Cersei to get hers that ungrateful wench!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"