Season 5 Episode 7 Discussion "The Gift"

It's hard to tell when/if the show will touch back on a lot of supposedly dropped plot threads. We see Manderly's son in numerous Red Wedding scenes but the chances of Manderly himself being in the show is, ahem...slim. The show forgetting about the Blackfish would not be surprising to me, and never seeing Beric Dondarrion or Thoros of Myr ever again also seems likely unless they haven't dropped a plot thread they say they have...

I'll give credit to them for at least leaving the plot threads open in case they decide to use them.

We also haven't seen Balon Greyjoy since season 3. I wonder if the writers forgot that his was also one of the names that Stannis said when he threw the leaches into the fire.

I think that the writers mistake "strong" with stupid. So you've got the sadistic psychopath who's been holding you captive, has you completely at his mercy, and has been raping/torturing you nightly for weeks, and you insult him to his face. Yeah that doesn't make her look "strong" it makes look like an idiot. Then again this entire plot has made her look like an idiot, so I probably shouldn't be surprised.

As for the S/G thing, yet again people are missing the point. I'm well aware of who ends up in NW. My problem with it is that YET AGAIN, rather than try and come up with anything else, the writers resorting to yet another (attempted) rape scene. Because that really is their go to option these days. And yes, I'm sure that a little attempted rape is just the thing to put a girl in the mood, ugh.

i just really thought she was was so confident that theon would light the candle and that she'd be saved that she could say what she wanted cuz she wouldn't be around for the repercussions

We also haven't seen Balon Greyjoy since season 3. I wonder if the writers forgot that his was also one of the names that Stannis said when he threw the leaches into the fire.

By looking at casting calls for Season 6 it looks like we'll be getting the Greyjoys next season. I think they wanted to build up the Faceless Men before killing Balon on screen to provide a link between the two.

Oh right. Would have been a bit silly if they'd just forgotten about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"