The Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 16 "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life" Discussion Thread

Jadis and the Garbage Pail Sh**s of course turned on Rick in the most predictable moment this show may have ever had, but what really annoyed me about all that is how Carl, Daryl, Michonne and the rest of the group start kicking ass and Rick just stands there trying to reason with the b**** who just doublecrossed him. Yeah, I know she had a gun on him but hell, the Trash Tribe had guns on Carl too and he took out two or three of them like they were nothing.

This was really the only thing that annoyed me about the finale. I was telling my wife as we were watching how Rick had the perfect opportunity to grab the gun and turn the tables just before Jadis shot him.

Yeah. I think that bugged me more than anything else in the episode.

Also, Jadis and the Garbage Pail Kids might be the worst characters this show has ever produced. It was like TWD's sad attempt at Mad Max-style characters and they f***ing blew it hardcore.

I didn't need all the long closeups of Sasha's face, nor did I need all those scenes where she spoke with Abraham. Seems like that time could've been allocated better by showing the runup to the battle with Negan. Also, could Negan be any more of a glutton for punishment? Don't just maim Rick, kill him already. :whatever: Those are really my only complaints though.

I loved watching Shiva tear into the Saviors. Hell, I loved watching every member of the Kingdom kick ass and take names. It made me realize that I would like the show so much more if the Alexandria crew were killed off and the the focus shifted to Ezekiel, Carol, Morgan, Jerry :-)hrt:) and the rest. Those crazy bastards have really grown on me.

Good finale to overall a disappointing season. There was just too much set up, but now that's out of the way and the war has started, next season should hopefully be a bit more fast paced.

But yeah I enjoyed the finale the most out of any episode except maybe the first this season. Shiva was awesome and her save moment was :hmr: worthy.

tumblr_onttnplm2D1w7d305o1_540.gif

tumblr_onttnplm2D1w7d305o2_540.gif

tumblr_onttnplm2D1w7d305o3_540.gif

When that happened, I heard Jim Ross in my head:

"Shiva! Shiva! The Kingdom is here and business just picked up!"

Seriously though, what are they feeding that tiger? I don't see them raising farm animals, and I don't think she could survive by eating zombies.

Am I the only one who's mind was blown from seeing Father Gabriel poppin off rounds? Man he's come a long way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"