Season 7, Episode 4 "The Spoils of War" Discussion Thread

How many were still on the boats? How will Greyworm be in communication? Seems like they were almost written out of the show. Sucks.

I don't think that any of them were really on the boats. Maybe a few stayed behind? They weren't going to lay siege to a previously impenetrable fortress at less than 100%. Remember, Euron didnt show up until the Unsullied had already taken the castle.

Last edited:
I have a feeling [blackout]Dany loses a dragon or two next week.[/blackout]

I would think that's possible but more likely it will be when they come to King's Landing. That ridiculous spear shooter device wouldn't likely be very useful (or maneuverable) on a boat.
Although I don't see them going up against the Night King with any less than two dragons. (with Dany and Jon riding them perhaps?)

I would think that's possible but more likely it will be when they come to King's Landing. That ridiculous spear shooter device wouldn't likely be very useful (or maneuverable) on a boat.
Although I don't see them going up against the Night King with any less than two dragons. (with Dany and Jon riding them perhaps?)

If only you guys know the things I know....

The queen of dragons said, the world hasn't seen dragons for a century until her dragons.

BUT didn't her father, the mad King was using Dragons??

Did I miss something???

The queen of dragons said, the world hasn't seen dragons for a century until her dragons.

BUT didn't her father, the mad King was using Dragons??

Did I miss something???

Aegon III was the last to have a dragon. It died in 153 AC. Drogon and his brothers were born in 299 AC.

The Mad King liked to use Wildfire on his enemies.

Last edited:
And the Mad King's father was burned to death after he was trying to hatch some dragon eggs.

How big of a fleet did the Iron born have that Theon and his sister took a good chunk of it to ferry over the Mother of Dragons and yet got completely wiped out by Euron's forces with very little struggle?

Euron had his people build new ships. Thats what he said after he was crowned. I find it hard to believe that they could have built a fleet this size as quickly as they did, but thats what they supposedly did.

It depends on how much is true to the books or not. The Iron Born have their own ships seperate from the Iron Fleet in the novels, whether or not they factored into the final tally of Euron's forces is unclear.

Yara may as well have just had the one rowing boat for all the resistance her fleet put up.

The thing I'm really bothered about...

Is the concept of a dragon wight. Is it a dragon anymore? And can it then be killed by fire? I assumed that dragons within the series were fire made flesh.

Yara may as well have just had the one rowing boat for all the resistance her fleet put up.
That's what worried me. I wish we could have gotten like a minute more of that naval battle. Especially of a zoomed out view of ships being destroyed.

That's what worried me. I wish we could have gotten like a minute more of that naval battle. Especially of a zoomed out view of ships being destroyed.
The fear they all showed the minute Euron showed up makes it seem unlikely that they would have contested the leadership of the Iron Islands in the first place. She had Theon with her (if he counts at all), Ellaria, the Sand Snakes and Dornish soldiers all boosting her supposedly formidable fleet and yet they were scared for their lives the moment they knew they were being attacked as if losing was inevitable. It seemed like the scene was there just with the thought of making Euron look great (that part I'm cool with) but not showing a realistic level of defence from those guys combined.

I was under the impression they were headed to Eastwatch. They could stop at Winterfell but it's not likely imo. I think Littlefinger finds out about Bran's ability and tries to end him before he spills the dirt on him. And he's stopped. would be cool if Ghost is in WF and Bran wargs him.

They are...

[BLACKOUT]but from the spoilers I read, which for the most part have been accurate, they stop at Winterfell where they meet up with Jon Snow and take their party to Eastwatch to capture a wight.[/BLACKOUT]

what's the deal with Theon? i could have sworn they'd have killed him off at the end of season 2. I wonder what they have in store for him and Yara.

what's the deal with Theon? i could have sworn they'd have killed him off at the end of season 2. I wonder what they have in store for him and Yara.

He'll probably die in some important (and painful) way to give his wretched life meaning. Something to help/save one of the Starks I'd guess.

He'll probably die in some important (and painful) way to give his wretched life meaning. Something to help/save one of the Starks I'd guess.

I'd be happy with this. :up:

Its Theon. Hes gonna get shot in the ass while running away and fall on his own sword.:o

Gotta give it to the actor. He really sells the hell out of his scenes.

Euron had his people build new ships. Thats what he said after he was crowned. I find it hard to believe that they could have built a fleet this size as quickly as they did, but thats what they supposedly did.
Varys can also teleport.

The thing I'm really bothered about...

Is the concept of a dragon wight. Is it a dragon anymore? And can it then be killed by fire? I assumed that dragons within the series were fire made flesh.

Ive been wondering about that myself. Wights and whitewalkers are killed by Dragonglass, dragon fire, and dragon steel. And in the case of wights regular fire will do. But if you turn a dragon into a wight is it impervious to fire, dragon glass, dragon steel, and dragon fire? Thats the big question. If it is then its going to take some powerful magic to put that thing down or it will have to be ripped apart. Drogon and his brother probably could do it but I doubt they would survive the fight.

That would be good. Id love for him to die while he is protecting Bran or Sansa from wights.

lci3xag.jpg

IVmBQWd.jpg

X5VPwf9.jpg

wrA7FrR.jpg

h60ah7Q.jpg

S4iX5Cg.jpg

wBRjQuH.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads