The Flash Season 8: Armageddon part 3

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Barry meets Black Lightning at the Hall of Justice after things take a dire turn with Despero; Iris suspects something is off with Despero's vision of the future so she seeks help from a powerful ally.

This episode was directed by Chad Lowe and will air on November 30th

Probably the weakest of the 3 so far but I've been very pleased with how the season has started and I guess just Armageddon in general.

Highlights being the stuff between Barry and Jefferson and of course the ending in the future.

I'm just so over Cecile. I feel like she adds nothing to "Team Flash" and them continuing to give her a bigger role is just odd.

Looking forward to part 4 next week!

This episode was more about Iris and Cecile than Barry and Jefferson as Iris and Cecile have conflicts over the mystery surrounding Joe's death and each made their own investigations. Then we have conflicts between Barry and Jefferson in the Hall of Justice. If that's Earth-Prime's future, they may have given us a hint about the characters' fates after their respective series.

From the beginning I thought that Cecile wasnt really Cecile or this wasnt a real world so she was supposed to be out of character.....but it doesnt look that way? Her losing it over any mention of Joe and that she is the only one grieving or that knew him...like girl...I know he was your husband. I know you two allegedly have a kid together (we havent seen the thing since I cant even remember when) but Iris is his daughter. She been in his life for 30+ years. You can listen to her. And she knows Barry better than almost anyone? There's Caitlin, Cisco, Iris...

That entire scene...Cecile was played way to over the top and Iris was played way to mild.

Which...of course I am not surprised because The Flash will always be The Flash and they will do everything to ensure a certain 2 actresses never really to have to interact with one another but I still cant believe that Caitlin would choose Team Cecile over Team Iris in this. Especially after everything they've encountered.

Barry was just downright annoying in this episode and acted like a child. maybe it is better that he's just killed? All this Injustice talk and it was never even earned. Sorry Bare but....if you go bad, they could stop you if they wanted.

I like how all the people we know look EXACTLY the same in the future...except Chester..with long locs (very bad wig)

This show has drastically improved from the last 2 seasons and I really hope the writers can keep up the momentum for the rest of the season.

Reverse flash coming-back once again to mess with Barry in the subtle ways is straight out of the comics and for the first time in 3 seasons Im actually excited for the next episode. Im intrigued how reverse flash managed to turn everyone against Barry and even manage to make Iris fall in love with him.

my main complaint however is there are still too many side characters and uninteresting C and D subplots. Allegra and Cecile add nothing to this show at this point and could be cut tomorrow and I wouldn't notice.

Well that makes two episodes now where they could have easily mentioned Superman but didn't. The character really doesn't get any love outside of his own show.

Last edited:
Well that makes two episodes now where they could have easily mentioned Superman but didn't. The character really doesn't get any love outside of his own show.
I think it's pretty obvious that Superman and Lois is practically its own little thing outside of the "Arrowverse" which frankly, I prefer

I think it's pretty obvious that Superman and Lois is practically its own little thing outside of the "Arrowverse" which frankly, I prefer
The first change for any villain rewriting history on Flash has to be "Prevent interference by Superman."

Man, I could watch an entire episode of nothing but Barry and Jefferson. It's weird. They've only had a handful of scenes between this and Crisis, and somehow I already believe their bond. They have good dynamic and Jefferson is easily filling the void with Joe's absene as Barry's mentor.

Heck, it even fills the void left by Oliver since Barry doesn't have him to go to for advice, either. It was great of Jefferson to remind Barry exactly who he is without overly dipping into sappy speechifying. It felt like a speech that Jefferson could've given on his own show.

I had a feeling Reverse Flash was behind this so it is interesting where they take this storyline. Seeing Jefferson just made me miss Black Lighting’s show more lol but what we got was true to his character. I think we all know by the end of this Joe will be brought back to life. Yes Cecile’s overreacting was extremely bad and and over the top. Overall though another good episode.

When Javicia Leslie said "what the hell is he doing here?" Barry should've asked her "who the hell are you?"

He hasn't met the new Batwoman yet so she would be a complete stranger there at that party.

That ending scene remains me of this cover from FLASH #328.

Flash328.jpg

I don't really feel the writing is significantly better than previous seasons, I think the stories have improved and think this is only because the writers have spent enough seasons to learn from the comics and from the fans in bringing us more creative and interesting story lines.

I feel the writers had to learn and actually engage themselves into the comic book stories just to get a better grasp on the characters which ultimately would improve the writing and episodes over time.

It's not like we have flash super fans since they were kids now writing episodes for the flash tv series, look at CW's Smallville for example. Tom Welling admitted that he didn't even follow the superman comics or character until after he got the part, over time you eventually learn more about the character especially when you are pulling idea's from the comics.

Ofcourse RF is behind the whole time line thing as he was pretty disgruntled at barry the last time they fought which wasn't even a fight since barry effortlessly threw him out of the way telling him he got faster....I assume if this was to be the last season they would be setting up the RF to be the final villain of the show, sort of like you began with him and we end with him....essentially he has been the most talked about and repeated villain so it would make sense they would use him in the series finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"