Senior charged for statutory rape of her freshmen girlfriend.

The relationship started when they were both underage. The parents of the younger girl waited until the girlfriend was 18 and then brought charges, along with getting her expelled from her school shortly before graduation.

The girl shouldn't be charged with statutory or kicked out of school, but I do find a 14 to 18 year old age gap to be slightly creepy. There's a huge difference in emotional and sexual maturity if not physical.

The relationship started when they were both underage. The parents of the younger girl waited until the girlfriend was 18 and then brought charges, along with getting her expelled from her school shortly before graduation.

I know. This whole thing isn't sitting right with many people. The younger girl's parents, in their attempt to so call "protect" their daughter, pretty much did it in the worst way possible. Both girls are going to be scarred for life now.

I read this on the Jurassic Park Legacy boards, and my god, what a load of bull this is for that girl. I was glad to see she gets to walk with her class, but why was she expelled when a judge ruled she shouldn't be? I really do believe this is a case of bigoted parents not understanding or caring what their daughter may prefer.

On the other hand, had they left things alone, you never know just how things may have played out. Knowing how my own fiancé' used to be and such, teens can be experimental, and may or may not come to the conclusion of what they want so easily. No, I am not saying being gay is a choice, I am saying sometimes it takes time to realize sexual preference, and the younger girl may or may not be sure in the end. Still, I think this story is awful, and really wish something would be done about those stupid parents treating this girl like she is some sort of deviant for her life choices.

I think the creepiest is 16 and 12. But then when you hit 30 and 34, it seems so insignificant.

The age difference makes the 18 year old seem like a bit of a dirt ball, to put it kindly.

Personally I think their should be different laws for different situations. A 18 year old doing a 14 year old should be prosecuted much differently then say a 50 year old doing a 14 year old. Basically have something like a 5 year rule.

I heard about this story, and I am of 2 minds on it.

On one hand, if this was a heterosexual couple, there would be absolutely no news story and no controversy around it. The girl was having sexual relations with a minor, and this is only a news story because it is a homosexual couple.

On the other hand, it is so blatantly obvious that the parents of the younger girl are only motivated by homophobia and hatred. This relationship began with both girls as minors, thus no statutory, but because it was a homosexual couple, the parents just couldn't wait until the older girl turned 18 to strike.

Obvious homophobia is obvious.

But if this were an 18 year old guy and a 14 year old girl, this wouldn't even be the slightest bit of controversy.

Obvious liberal bias is obvious.

I heard about this story, and I am of 2 minds on it.

On one hand, if this was a heterosexual couple, there would be absolutely no news story and no controversy around it. The girl was having sexual relations with a minor, and this is only a news story because it is a homosexual couple.

On the other hand, it is so blatantly obvious that the parents of the younger girl are only motivated by homophobia and hatred. This relationship began with both girls as minors, thus no statutory, but because it was a homosexual couple, the parents just couldn't wait until the older girl turned 18 to strike.

Obvious homophobia is obvious.

But if this were an 18 year old guy and a 14 year old girl, this wouldn't even be the slightest bit of controversy.

Obvious liberal bias is obvious.

Really? I find that to be just as sleazy.

Really? I find that to be just as sleazy.

I didn't mention anything about sleazy. I said controversial. As in, I've been seeing this posted around as a homophobic attack against homosexuals.

Which it is, because the agenda is clear.

But it's also an 18 year old girl having sexual relations with a 14 year old girl. Nobody cries foul against society when we go after an 18 year old guy with a 14 year old girl.

The general circumstance of an 18 year old with a 14 year old is an entirely different subject matter that I have my own opinions on, but I didn't address that subject.

The guy would go straight to jail.

But if it was an 18 year old girl, and a 14 year old boy, she'd be the victim, some how.

I have to agree I am guessing the 18 year old girl is going to get a lesser punishment then if it was an 18 year old guy doing a 14 year old girl that was brought to court(although I am guessing their is a whole hell of alot 18 boy -14 girl year old going on that never gets charged)

The girl shouldn't be charged with statutory or kicked out of school, but I do find a 14 to 18 year old age gap to be slightly creepy. There's a huge difference in emotional and sexual maturity if not physical.

It might be something to do with the maturity level. I don't think the 18 year old intends to be creepy , but it wouldn't surprise me if they were an outcast. I do think it's wrong though.

But if it was an 18 year old girl, and a 14 year old boy, she'd be the victim, some how.

To be fair when I was 14 I was begging for something like that to happen to me.

This is gross. Think about this...they said the relationship started before she was 18. So, imagine if you will a 17 year old and a 13 year old. How about a 16 year old and a 12 year old......gross.

Interesting note about your sig chaseter, the actor that played the store clerk, I went to school with him for 12 years

For his sake, I wish he had had better lines.

It really is an ugly situation all around. The parents are definitely out to punish the 18 year old because that's obvious when these two were involved before the 18 year old was an adult legally. They could've said something when she was younger but that would mean only juvenile court and that wasn't good enough in their eyes.

But, as was pointed out, had it been an 18 year old male with a 14 year old female, no one would say it was wrong to call the police on him. It would just be another "scumbag 18 year old raping a 14 year old" mention in the local paper instead of front page, national news.

This is gross. Think about this...they said the relationship started before she was 18. So, imagine if you will a 17 year old and a 13 year old. How about a 16 year old and a 12 year old......gross.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. That **** creepy.

The girl is 15 now. The relationship began when she was 14 and the other girl 17.

I don't know, maybe I was more advanced than most people in this country are. I had my first kiss at 11. I was crushing on boys probably since I started to go to school. That was what, age 5??? I was fully aware of what sex was when I was about 8. Kids really aren't as innocent, immature or ignorant as the masses would like us all to believe.

I don't think that's sleazy or anything. You're all in high school, seniors meet and fall for freshman all the time. Absolutly nothing wrong with it, its going to be a ridiculously hard relationship to pull off but not even remotely sleazy. These parents should be ashamed of themselves and the school should be sued.

well, the law is the law. it just sucks that in this particular case its being motivated by homophobia.

The girl is 15 now. The relationship began when she was 14 and the other girl 17.

I don't know, maybe I was more advanced than most people in this country are. I had my first kiss at 11. I was crushing on boys probably since I started to go to school. That was what, age 5??? I was fully aware of what sex was when I was about 8. Kids really aren't as innocent, immature or ignorant as the masses would like us all to believe.

Was your first kiss a 15 year old about to get their drivers license? Its' a 4 year difference so the 17 year old was dating a 13 year old. A junior in high school was dating a 7th grader. That is nasty.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"