Sentinels or Phoenix in X3

bjgroves

Evil Tastes Good
Reaction score
I seriously don't think X3 would have an enormous budget, so we probably won't see the sentinels and cool Phoenix effects. If it came down to it, which one would you rather see? The Sentinels or Phoenix?

They probably won't have a big enough budget to have the Sentinels and Phoenix.

The full blown Phoenix effect only appeared for 20 seconds in X2 and made a lasting impression. She doesn't need to be wreathed in fire her entire time in X3, so if they wanted to include both, I'd say it's very possilbe. But if I had to choose, I would go for what has been introduced and not what has been coneptualized.

Something's gonna be cut out. It always happens:

X1: Danger Room, Beast
X2: Danger Room, Sentinels, Beast/ Gambit/ Angel
X3: ???

They could do Phoenix pretty cheaply. They don't always have to have the fire effects around her. Just her eyes would be fine, and then they can do something spectacular once or twice in the film.

I wouldn't mind if they only added one, two or three sentinels, and the Danger Room sequence would've costed $5 mil according to one of the Producers of X2, so...:o

I think because the Phoenix was introduced they should go with that. I say leave out the danger room and through in just 1, maybe two sentinels if bugget allows. If storm isn't in it then that frees up some money to focus on other things.

Save the Phoenix for another movie. A half dozen or less Sentinels in X3. Then in X4 see if you have the budget to use both. Or what a1ant said.

they aint going to save pheonix for another movie, they left her there as a cliffhanger so it sobvious they are going to finish it. And i will be happey when they do. I belive they will have enough for sentenals as well.

Both. Phoenix and the sentinels can share the film. Phoenix fighting the sentinels? Cool! :D

Yeah, it's not a real budget problem. Phoenix has to appear, and they already alluded to Sentinels, sort of "Someone will finish what I've started etc, etc"-Stryker. So, they have to fulfill both. And it wouldn't be too tough. Fire effects aren't a big deal, nor flying. And Sentinel will be toned down for movies.

I think they should only do Phoenix the Sentinels would be to cartoony.

No it wouldn't. Was phoenix too cartoony? Toad? Well, toad was, but still. It could work.

I'd rather have Sentinels personally,..

but that's just me,..If Spider-Man 2 can get a 200 million dollar budget, X3 needs to have at LEAST a 150 million dollar budget...

-TNC

Originally posted by Rizmaster
Yeah, it's not a real budget problem. Phoenix has to appear, and they already alluded to Sentinels, sort of "Someone will finish what I've started etc, etc"-Stryker. So, they have to fulfill both. And it wouldn't be too tough. Fire effects aren't a big deal, nor flying. And Sentinel will be toned down for movies.
what makes you think that they will make the sentinels, maybe its the FOH that show up?

PhoeniX! :cool:

Adversaries should be a combination double threat of Magneto's Brotherhood aligning themselves with the Hellfire Club. :eek:

I do want to see the Sentinels, just not yet! :D

I want them to hurry up and get over with x3 i dont really like the idea of phoenix coming in now. You still have Apoclaypse wich i want him to get in the film they do it right Apocalypse can look really cool. I dont mind the phoenix and I am a big x-men fan i just dont think right now if I even want to see x3 i might just wait for x4

FOH is a much better story line than the sentinels.

i hope that i am not the first to bring up the FOH?

Finish the Phoenix saga in X-3 and leave the sentinels for X-4. They've already hinted at Jean becoming the Phoenix-it wouldn't make any sense for them to ignore it in X-3.

Originally posted by pejo
The full blown Phoenix effect only appeared for 20 seconds in X2 and made a lasting impression. She doesn't need to be wreathed in fire her entire time in X3, so if they wanted to include both, I'd say it's very possilbe. But if I had to choose, I would go for what has been introduced and not what has been coneptualized.

Yeah that's my opinion too. They started the Phoenix concept so at least finish it.

Well even though I want Phoenix, the Sentinels haven't just been coceptualized. I think Bryan Singer made certain things in X2 on purpose to lead up to the Sentinels. Sabastian Shaw's voice on t.v., Stryker saying someone will finish what he started, and Operation Wideawake aka the Sentinel Project on the computer screen.

I am starting to think now more than ever that the Sentinels and Phoenix will be in X3.

The more I hear about it, the more I'm losing my faith in the upcoming X-Movies. So, I'm just probably gonna stop coming here, cuz it's all overblown opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"