Sept. Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

Well, I chose an adversary of Cap America who goes by the name of Cutthroat.

Here's the old version :
4hbdde1.jpg

.. and here's my revamped version :

2s00ntk.jpg

Well, since he's called Cutthroat, I'd imagine that cutting a throat means this guy likes seeing blood dripping from a throat...
I couldn't think of an emblem for this guy, so I thought drops of blood would be appropriate (he is a bad guy after all).

Then maybe you should draw complain about the designs of Bizzaro, The Riddler, or any of the other charecters with emblems!

Finished my entry... I'm pretty satisfied with it. I always thought the idea of Gladiator was better then what he looked like. He is a good and bad guy though.

GladiatorRedux2Compare.jpg

Captain Gandalf said:
Well, since he's called Cutthroat, I'd imagine that cutting a throat means this guy likes seeing blood dripping from a throat...
I couldn't think of an emblem for this guy, so I thought drops of blood would be appropriate (he is a bad guy after all).
If you could can you change it so it doesnt look like nipple reminds me of those batman movies *shutters*

HULKFish said:
Finished my entry... I'm pretty satisfied with it. I always thought the idea of Gladiator was better then what he looked like. He is a good and bad guy though.

Sweet.

But Gladiator isn't a villian.

KAD said:
Sweet.

But Gladiator isn't a villian.

Thanks! The only way I've seen him portrayed is as a villian...

Occupation: Praetor (leader) of the elite corps of the Shi’ar Imperial Guard.
Identity
: Publicly known to the citizens of the Shi’ar Empire.
Legal Status
: Citizen of the Shi’ar Empire
Other Aliases: None
Place of Birth
: Unrevealed planet in the Shi’ar Galaxy.
Marital Status: Unrevealed
Known Relatives: None
Base of Operations: Shi’ar Imperial Throneworld, Shi’ar Galaxy
Group Affiliation
: Shi’ar Imperial Guard
First Appearance: X-MEN #107
History: Nothing has yet been revealed about the origin of Gladiator, leader within the Shi’ar Imperial Guard, an army of superhumanly powerful beings from planets within the Shi’ar Galaxy that enforces Shi’ar Imperial law. Gladiator leads the elite corps of the Imperial Guard that protects and carries out the personal directives of the majestor or majestrix (emperor or empress) of the entire Shi’ar Galaxy.
Gladiator’s first known encounter with Earth people came when he and other Guard member battled the X-Men on the order of the mad former Shi’ar Emperor D’ken. After D’ken was deposed, his sister Lilandra Neramani became majestrix, and hence the Imperial Guard and Gladiator obeyed her. When Lilandra made it known to the X-Men that she intended to end the potentialmenace she believed was posed to the universe by the first X-Man known as Pheonix, Lilandra’s lover, Professor Charles Xavier, demanded that the matter be resolved through a trial by combat. In this trial Gladiator and other Imperial Guard members were again pitted against the X-Men.
Later, Gladiator came to Earth and battled the Fantastic Four in the mistaken belief that they were alien Skrulls who had used their powers to alter their appearance.
Lilandra’s sister Deathbird staged a successful coup and became the new majestrix of the Shi’ar Empire. Despite Gladiator’s loyalty to Lilandra, who is now a hunted fugitive in her own empire, and despite his qualms about certain aspect of Deathbird’s rule, Gladiator continues to serve the Shi’ar Empire in his role as a praetor of the Imperial Guard.
More recently, Kallark was among the Imperial Guard confined to Earth. During this time, Kallark sought out the X-Men in an attempt to force them to battle the alien menace known as the Phalanx in his stead. Kallark and the Guard have since returned to active duty in Shi'ar space.

Here's the info from MarvelDirectory.com

I always thought Gladiator looked cool, but I like the re-design a lot too.

Captain Gandalf said:

Here's the old version :
4hbdde1.jpg

2s00ntk.jpg

I think i prefer the origional it kinda looks the the pics should be the other way around.

HULKFish said:

I wouldn't really class Gladiator as a villain, but I do like the redesign.

Captain Gandalf said:

Here's the old version :
4hbdde1.jpg

2s00ntk.jpg
This art is a tracing of a Superman sketch by DC Comics "Firestorm" artist Jamal Igle posted on these boards several months ago. You know, tracing is okay--but you really should point out that you traced it. I've attached the original:

Attachments

• igle_supes_low.jpg
    igle_supes_low.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 50
mrsparkle said:
I think i prefer the origional it kinda looks the the pics should be the other way around.

agreed.

Saint said:
This art is a tracing of a Superman sketch by DC Comics "Firestorm" artist Jamal Igle posted on these boards several months ago. You know, tracing is okay--but you really should point out that you traced it. I've attached the original:

busted!

Saint said:

Gang,
For future reference... I would like you to bring any supposed breach of the rules directly to my attention... Via a PM!

Calling someone out on the boards is not cool – it can and has lead to unnecessary conflicts!

I am a supporter of using reference... the above example has enough of a substantial change to allow it.

We all use reference; I do not find it necessary to point out every instance of them for each and every entry in the contest - I will leave that is up to each artist!

Mrh7448 said:
I wouldn't really class Gladiator as a villain, but I do like the redesign.

Thanks Mrh7448, you know I always appreciate your input!

He was used as a villian and thats always what I remember about him...

So far, I'd have to say that my favorites are the 8-ball one and the Gladiator one. They're all good, though. Keep up the good work everyone!

I entered the contest and my favorite is 8ball.

KAD said:
Not alot of time this month so only a quick entry and one I'm sure many will complain about. I will give my reasons below.
prwlr.jpg

I always thought the prowler had a goofy costume for a uh, prowler.

So I streamlined it removed the cape and replaced it with jets that blow smoke to cover his escape. The jets would also suck air in when he moved so as to minimize air displacement as well as absorb sound.

I call it the smooth suit.

I really really love this design and ocean master is pretty good too:up:

EXCELSIOR said:
Gang,
For future reference... I would like you to bring any supposed breach of the rules directly to my attention... Via a PM!

Calling someone out on the boards is not cool – it can and has lead to unnecessary conflicts!

I am a supporter of using reference... the above example has enough of a substantial change to allow it.

We all use reference; I do not find it necessary to point out every instance of them for each and every entry in the contest - I will leave that is up to each artist!
If we were talking about reference, I would not have said anything, but that's not reference. That said, I was not "calling out" anyone--I was giving credit to the original artist since the poster in question neglected to. I have no problem with tracing, but the poster should have given credit.

but I don't think you can trace in these contests.

EXCELSIOR said:
Gang,

Some dont use ant reference. Me for example

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"