Sept. Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

KAD said:
Nice work but Galactus already sports a Kirby original design.

You flatter yourself if you think your better than the king:hyper:

No offence, but the 'Kirby original' you're defending here is actually a Byrne drawing.

galactus-sup.jpg

Kirby's original Galactus had a big G on his chest and no sleeves or even pants...

galactus01.jpg

I don't really have a point... I'm just trying to be annoying. :woot:

hojcat said:
No offence, but the 'Kirby original' you're defending here is actually a Byrne drawing.

galactus-sup.jpg

Kirby's original Galactus had a big G on his chest and no sleeves or even pants...

galactus01.jpg

I don't really have a point... I'm just trying to be annoying. :woot:
Best post ever.

uriondo, you lost the X nipples! But...but I liked the X nipples ;)

I´m so sorry... I know it is hard losing the x nipples, but he really wants to be taken seriously...

Dew k. Mosi said:
uriondo, you lost the X nipples! But...but I liked the X nipples ;)

Okay, here's my entry. This is my first time ever posting fan art on the internet, so here goes nothing...

Fenris

OLD VERSION:
Fenris.jpg

MY REDESIGN:
fenrisredesignfev6.jpg

I was just going off that one picture and know only what's in the wikipedia artical, but I figured I couldn't go wrong with modernizing the costumes, adding a few swastikas because they're white supremesists, and giving them fingerless gloves because I have a thing for fingerless gloves.
I have a really crappy scanner, so it looks better in real life, but I'm proud of it still :)

Here's an entry.

At first I was just going to pick some random lame villain I thought I could do a decent makeover on, but then I looked through some of my old comics, and it dawned on me that there was a villain I knew and despised already that I felt could use some fashion help.

This one:

GrannyGoodness.jpg

Now, by no means do I think Granny Goodness is a ‘lame’ villain. Quite the opposite… I think she is one of the scariest and most disturbing of all the baddies in comics. After all, she is essentially a child abuser, and how much lower can you get than that? It was her costume that I always found to be kind of lame. I thought it was a bit silly that an old, mean, chunky woman like that should be running around in skin tight green scales.

So with apologies to King Kirby, here’s the old broad modeling something new for us…

granny.jpg

great granny goodness.

i know if i saw my grandma running around in the green scale costume, i'd be mortified.

My inked Plantman, no time for colour

plantman_lo.jpg

What he used to look like

PlantMan_old.jpg

MysticMorgan said:
Since I was the one that came up with this contest theme, I thought it only fair (even though I can't win) to enter and since I was the one to give the 8ball example I did him.

He is almost the same as far as his abilities and still has a gang that works for him but is now more like a Joker type villain. He lost his eye from a broken beer bottle in a fight while playing his favorite game, which was pool. He went a little crazy and put that 8 ball eyeball in instead of the artificial one. And now he is bent on being number one in the villain world with his cruelty...The only problem I have is who is his enemy. I mean the Joker has Batman which is cool but who in the Marvel universe is equal to the Bat that can give us the same feel as when the Joker and Batman are at each others throat?

8ball.jpg

Daredevil would be an obvious choice for a hero for him to fight

nice kinda play on blindness too with the villain not seeing out of one eye (something I can relate to) and DD being totally blind

Very cool design Morgan:yay:

I kinda rushed on this but here it is anyway.

Lex Luthor as Kryptonian Conquerer "LUTHOR"

alexander-luther-1.gif

Captain Gandalf said:
Well, I chose an adversary of Cap America who goes by the name of Cutthroat.

Here's the old version :
4hbdde1.jpg

.. and here's my revamped version :

2s00ntk.jpg
Jesus?

Sorry, great pic, but that's immedietly what I saw.

Thanos- I read about the contest like 5 days ago and decided to try to rush a submission (I say rush cuz I'm really slow, lazy, and dont have alot of time to devote to drawing). I actually gave up on this 4 times but decided to keep goin. I'm gonna finish in photoshop eventually but not in time for the contest deadline so I figured what the heck I'll submit just the pencils.

d8dc14b82c55.jpg

This looks far different than the current Thanos as I was thinkin more of a sci-fi movie version. I imagine if they ever really made an Avenger movie it'd have to be a larger than life trilogy like LOTR. I was imagining that he's from a race of beings who feel they are superior to all others and roam the universe in search of more power. Thanos himself would be some kind of prince and this pic is supposed to me the moment he first feels the power of the gaunlet. I can't wait to finish this for you guys to see the details in my head.

PS....Sorry about the quality I dont have a scanner and took a pic with my cam and didnt feel like fussing with photoshop to get the proper contrast and what not.

thats pretty cool. is his right hand clutching a cane? and are those track shorts?!

plantman_lo.jpg

Not familiar with the original bad guy

but i got to say this entry is rockin the ***** when compared to the total Streisand of the original campy villain (complete with dance hands)

great black and white drawing from my man Mrh:woot:

well done dude

This and 8 ball are my favorites

aWESOME stuff everybody!
Here's my Electro, please don't laugh at the crapiness of the drawing and the scan-job.
Electro.jpg

This Electo wears no mask. His skulls appear as lightning runs through him.

Daredevil villain LeapFrog, his son later turned into FrogMan and tried to be Spidey's ally.
Original:
frogm214.gif

My Version:
leapfrogskyscrapers.jpg

this is my entry i doit today for the contest, hope the next i doit whit more time:

white_rabbit2.jpg

The-White-Rabbit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"