Eternals Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

Reaction score
Eternals

I think this is a no brainer that it will be certified fresh, because of the director. I'm curious if it gets a similar percentage as Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and The Suicide Squad.

Yeh this is going to be in the 90’s. Maybe even competing for a top 5 spot of the best rated MCU movies.

Black Panther - 96%
Avengers: End Game - 94%
Iron Man - 94%
Thor Ragnarok - 93%
SM: Homecoming / GOTG / Shang-Chi - 92%

Anything over 85% is a win.

Infinity War didn't even hit over 90 and that is one of the most beloved MCU movies.

The early impressions basically confirm another solid MCU hit. Not as glowing reaction as I thought but for the most part a very good positive response.

A 90 rating incoming, maybe high 80’s…

Last edited:
I wonder when are going to get a mcu movie as critically acclaimed as those films. Thor Dark World is almost 8 years old. Its been that long.
Because of the Psychological Scarring, it feels like 20 years.

Yeh this is going to be in the 90’s. Maybe even competing for a top 5 spot of the best rated MCU movies.

Black Panther - 96%
Avengers: End Game - 94%
Iron Man - 94%
Thor Ragnarok - 93%
SM: Homecoming / GOTG / Shang-Chi - 92%
I knew that Shang Chi had done well.
I did not realize it got a 92% rating.
Impressive for a new character.

I am sure this will be good for Marvel's standards, but the reviews confirm exactly what my worries for the film were...

I seem to be way off on my earlier estimations. Even though the early reception was a bit telling of a less than great product. Starting at 85% is ok for a MCU film but that average rating raises eyebrows.

Nevermind 85% it's already on 77%.

I seem to be way off on my earlier estimations. Even though the early reception was a bit telling of a less than great product. Starting at 85% is ok for a MCU film but that average rating raises eyebrows.

Nevermind 85% it's already on 77%.

If this ends up behind Venom 2 :loco:

71 %

Clearly this movie needed Frances McDormand taking a dump in a bucket like in Nomadland, then Eternals would be Certified Fresh.

Marvel Studios right now:

FCfIypYWQAMB9lj

Wow Marvel Studios continues its streak with its eternal fresh rating!

Top 5 worst rated MCU movies:

1. Thor: The Dark World - 66%
2. The incredible Hulk - 67%
3. Eternals - 71%
4. Iron Man 2 - 72%
5. Avengers: AOU - 76%

I think it will go up a bit but it's no looking good at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"