1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Shang Chi's fighting style

Discussion in 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings' started by Dark Raven, Jul 26, 2019.

1. THORin #StayHome

I’ve just started watching Wu Assassins on Netflix: this show has some really cool action sequences

EDIT: This show also shares a lot of similarities with the story of Shang-Chi. Like, a lot.

#26 THORin, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  2. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

Shang Chi, Master of Kirk-Fu. The gentle two-handed fist to the opponent's upper back, rolling on the ground to become a tripping hazard, jumping slowly off a wall, he'll be better than Captain America.

KRYPTON INC. and Silvermoth like this.
  3. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Haha none of that sort of nonsense.

I like the idea of smooth precision points, gliding speedily from one move to the next like animation almost. But Liu is sort of a muscly guy so maybe he could have more of a brawler type style

Iceman and Pink Ranger like this.
  4. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

(Trek fight music intensifies)

Pink Ranger likes this.
  5. jfurioso Mistake to be avoided

Have him shift styles depending on the opponent. And have him recognize each opponent's style easily.

Also, in the original comics run, Shang Chi looked down upon the use of weaponry. I remember him stating that weapons were for the weak or for those attacked by other weapons.

[​IMG]

6. Temur Registered

I think his style should contrast The Mandarin's, and the Mandarin is the hardest of hardstylists. Lots of powerful chops, palm-strikes, and kicks doing incredible damage to the environment.

So Shang's style should be about redirecting and exhausting the supreme hardest of hardstyle that Mandarin uses.

7. samsnee Ok

Meh. I hope they don’t do a straight origin story. It would be too much like Iron Man or Strange. I’d rather dive in and he’s already a master of martial arts. He’s not invincible but I don’t want to watch 2 hours of him doubting himself or trying to figure it out.

8. Tuszti Registered

9. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

Come on, don't you want to see an awesome montage where he gets gradually better over a short period of time to 1980s hair metal?

Dark Raven likes this.
  10. KGBANE Registered

I want the fights to be like Once upon a time in shanghai,The Bodyguard 2016 and True Legend. Brad Allen is doing the fights and he is an great martial artist. Plus he is one of Jackie Chan's top stunt guys,so the fights will bring it! , , , , . :)

11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I think he can be agile too so I’d like to see this.

12. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Wow Simu looks amazing in those Instagram videos! I think he’s a bit of hunk of spunk