'Sharp Objects’ with Amy Adams [HBO]

Yes it's more TD 1 than Big Little Lies. I know why people are comparing it to BLL but it's way different.

Sophia Lillis is the girl. She was cast in this before IT came out.

I was trying to place her. :p I'm like I just saw her someplace.....

I’m going to keep on watching it because... Queen Amy... but it’s a very slow first ep. The ending doesn’t even give me something to think about. And I don’t know if it’s all the wine I’m drinking (seriously Camille is making me want to grab a drinks with how much she’s chugging :funny:) but I’m having trouble distinguishing what’s a hallucination, a memory or a flashback. :funny:

Last edited:
It's a slow burn won't be for everyone but I love it. Reviewers said Episode 3 and 4 is when the show kicks into gear.

The ending is basically the money shot, That this is Camille Preaker and why she chooses to cover herself up when everyone else is sweating like a pig. Live reaction on twitter to that was amazing. People kept saying you'll find out why she dresses the way she does. It really was an OMG moment for many.

LOVED the first episode. Valle's style goes so well with the story with the flashes of the past mixing with the present

Yes, I've seen very few people mention the editing online, maybe because it's more technical and they're not that bothered but the flashes of past and present is awesome and seamless.

I'm re-reading the book now, probably gonna finish today since it's such a short read and they added few things already which I guess is inevitable seeing how they turned 160 pages into 8h series

Best debut show on HBO since Westworld in 2016.
icon14.gif

icon10.gif

Amy Adams' 'Sharp Objects' Scores 1.5 Million Viewers in @HBO Debut https://goo.gl/neavHc

HBO’s “Sharp Objects” landed 1.5 million viewers in the limited series’ Sunday debut.

Adding in the first replay and some preliminary viewing on HBO Go and HBO Now platforms, and the Amy Adams vehicle’s premiere audience grows to 2.1 million viewers.

To add some context, that premiere sum marks the best start for an HBO original series since “Westworld” in 2016. It’s also 36 percent better than the kickoff to 2017’s “Big Little Lies.”

Watched the first episode and really dug it. Amy Adams is great so far and also seemingly even hotter than usual.

I hope people aren't turned off by how slow the first episode was.

It's gonna drop big, unfortunately, since a lot of people are complaining it's 'slow'

2,1 million viewers though. We're talking GOT level if it goes higher and they have a built in fanbase with 7 years of built in success. No doubt it will drop.

Not a fan of big spiders. :(

Very solid episode that was following the pilot. Loved it! My aunt kept badly guessing what would happen. :funny:

Also just found out episode 1 and 2 are feature length episodes. 3-7 will be shorter.

That was a bit of an early finish. True Blood used to do that a lot.

I thought you meant dropped Tom half hour. 50 minutes is still acceptable. :p

Really enjoyed episode 3 tonight. Finally they
started showing Camille's time in the loony bin.

Amy Adams is frickin' bringing it with this show. Definitely some of her very best work.

Last edited:
Girl is killing it. :up:

Still a depressing episode. Like nothing good ever happens to this poor girl. :( Amma was such a snot.

Yeah this show is great. That last scene in the mental ward was brutal. Also, poor Eden (Handmaid’s Tale fans will understand).

Oh, and can we get even MORE scenes of Ashley in skimpy outfits? Dayummm. I’m pretty sure even Camille was checking her out, haha.

Hallelujah! We actually have a true limited series. One and out for this.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/sharp-objects-no-second-season-amy-adams-series-1202433201/

Sharp Objects is three episodes into its run as an HBO limited series, and it will stay that way, with no plans for a followup.
“Unlike Big Little Lies where all of the stars wanted to come back, Sharp Objects, it’s a very dark character, very dark material. Amy doesn’t want to live in this character again and I can’t blame her, it’s a lot to take on for an actress,” HBO president of programming Casey Bloys told Deadline during TCA. “So no plans for a second season. We are very happy with this living as a limited series.”
HBO’s star-studded Big Little Lies started off as a limited series before the network ordered a second season to continue the story.
Sharp Objects debuted to 1.5 million viewers in Live+same day. That was up 36% from the debut of HBO’s Emmy-winning Big Little Lies — a series Sharp Objects has been often compared to — and was the most watched HBO new series premiere since Westworld in 2016 (2.0 million). (With one linear replay and preliminary viewing on HBO GO/NOW, the Sharp Objectspremiere night viewership went up to 2.1 million.)
While L+SD linear numbers have dipped a bit in the second and third week, Bloys said he is “thrilled with the ratings” for the series.
The eight-episode Sharp Objects, an adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s novel by Marti Noxon, centers on Camille Preaker (Adams), a reporter who returns to her small hometown to cover the murder of a preteen girl and the disappearance of another. Trying to put together a psychological puzzle from her past, she finds herself identifying with the young victims a bit too closely. Based on the first episode, it’s clear she isn’t the typical heroine. She’s flawed, and as the story unfolds, the audience attempts to piece together a tragic past that is affecting her present.

Sharp Object, along with the third season of True Detective, will be HBO’s two big limited series for Emmy consideration next year.

Previous big Emmy winner in the longform categories, Big Little Lies, is switching to drama series for its second season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"