Shazam Shazam! Box Office Thread | Early Predictions

I see a sequel on the horizon, but it's not without another league member... Mark my words.

If they try and do the Black Adam thing, they might have to space that and the Shazam sequel a few years apart.

I am curious how they will do Black Adam. Do you kind of end it like the Scorpion King also with the Rock or do you make him a villain which may not sit well with audiences.

I'm surprised they didn't start with Black Adam.
I can see why they didn’t. BA is even more obscure than Shazam and Dwayne Johnson is a lot more expensive that Zach Levi — and The Rock hasn’t proven the kind of consistent box office draw that would justify rolling some big bucks dice. WB/New Line just got burned on that front last year with Rampage. That film cost about the same as Shazam to make ($120 million) but in an attempt to take advantage of Johnson’s success in Jumanji (which made nearly a billion and was still in a handful of theaters when Rampage rolled out) they spent a reported $140 million on global marketing for Rampage. They lost a bunch at the box office as a result, tho it likely turned a small profit deep into the ancillaries.

Here's an idea, in Shazam sequel get Henry Cavill as guest star, which means his role will be a bit more substantial than just a "blink and miss" cameo, this will get people's attention.

Show Superman with Shazam in the trailers, this will help both Superman and Shazam. The story could involve Mr. Mind, Doctor Sivanna and seven realms. Show Black Adam in end credits.

Here's an idea, in Shazam sequel get Henry Cavill as guest star, which means his role will be a bit more substantial than just a "blink and miss" cameo, this will get people's attention.

Show Superman with Shazam in the trailers, this will help both Superman and Shazam. The story could involve Mr. Mind, Doctor Sivanna and seven realms. Show Black Adam in end credits.
I don’t have much hope that we’ll ever see Cavill in the suit again. But I could see some kind of a team up. At one point I though Ezra Miller’s Flash would fit in well, but now he and WB appear to be on the outs.

Not that it’s significant in terms of the final number, but the early estimate for Friday from the-numbers.com is...odd.

Shazam! Warner Bros. $170,000 +212% 536 $317 $137,576,903

+212%??? And after losing another 400 screens vs the day before? That’s interesting.

Not that it’s significant in terms of the final number, but the early estimate for Friday from the-numbers.com is...odd.

Shazam! Warner Bros. $170,000 +212% 536 $317 $137,576,903

+212%??? And after losing another 400 screens vs the day before? That’s interesting.

Definetly would have done better if the movie didnt had to face EndGame, Cap Marvel + WB giving room from Pikachu
Having all of this and still managed to make profit, whoa! im ok with that, i was expecting 500k but i cant complaint, i just wanted the sequel and they announced that weeks ago, so its a win

Definetly would have done better if the movie didnt had to face EndGame, Cap Marvel + WB giving room from Pikachu
Having all of this and still managed to make profit, whoa! im ok with that, i was expecting 500k but i cant complaint, i just wanted the sequel and they announced that weeks ago, so its a win
Yeah, if it hadn’t gotten smothered by Endgame I think it would have hit 400. Oh well. It did end up having a pretty nifty weekend.

Shazam! Warner Bros. $681,000 -34% 536 $1,271 $138,087,903

Latest WW as of 19/05/2019 ….

Worldwide: $361,282,109
It’s actually $361,487,903, mojo screwed up the Sunday number (they added 206 dollars, not 206,000 lol). I’m sure they’ll fix it once actuals roll in.

So, the movie comes In at significantly less than 400 million and ends its run at the bottom of the heap on Memorial Day.
Not Good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"