Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

This movie needs to be cheesy to not be cheesy. You can't take a concept like Shazam and expect a serious movie out of it.

Eh, disagree. Not that I have an issue with the direction they've chosen, but I don't think the concept is as limited as you do.

tumblr_pc8fwnRvzV1rrkahjo5_540.gif
]

Can you hook me up with an avvy of this Kane? :yay:

Right. It looks like that 90s Flash suit. There is nothing "cool" about it, it looks those puff muscle suits you can get at Party City. it has to be intentional
I was thinking about exactly the same. It just looks awful.

There was no way that, once he acquired his powers, Billy was going to be all brooding or even a reluctant superhero. He would have fun with it and revel in his newfound strength.

I think these will be closest in tone to the Spider-Man movies.

I was expecting a joke about the size of his junk changing so I’m glad we didn’t get that.

I gotta admit I laughed out loud with the phone bit.

Like Aquaman, this trailer also more than delivered on expectations! Levi is so spot on with the personality. It seems to have that fun element of Harry Potter and an Amblin film combined with the spirit Richard Donner's Superman and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. Looking very sweet!

I didn't expect the trailer to break at SDCC, but maybe I forgot. I had my mind preoccupied on the Aquaman trailer all day.

As for the Shazam trailer...I have mixed feelings. Looks fun and a little dark. Yes, I like that. One of my fears about the film was that it might be too cheesy and a rehash of "BIG" (1988)

I did expect an after-credit scene in the trailer that would make a reference to Batman or Superman, slightly disappointed.

What I didn't like about the trailer though...I thought Billy Batson was a fan of superheroes, but clearly, he is not...more like an anti-hero. I thought he was a fan of Superman.

Could anyone tell me?

Please explain, in detail, using small words for the rest of us in what way, shape or form that Levi as the character in this charming little sneak perk was in any way an anti-hero? Please. Your rationale will be enlightening to all of us.

Didn't like the trailer. It didn't do anything for me.
It kind looks childish and a bit ridiculous if i am being honest. Also i still can't get over the fact of how bad that suit looks.

It's just not for me i guess.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm not a particular fan of the character anyway but I thought something might change my mind (hey, it happened with Captain America). This just might be the first DCEU movie that I skip.

Is this a Christmas movie? And out in April when it's Spring?

Time can pass in movies, you realize that, right? Also films don't take place in real time. Die Hard which takes place at Christmas came out n July.

Please explain, in detail, using small words for the rest of us in what way, shape or form that Levi as the character in this charming little sneak perk was in any way an anti-hero? Please. Your rationale will be enlightening to all of us.

To be fair he said Billy Batson.

To be fair he said Billy Batson.

Fine. How did a kid sticking up for his adoptive cripple brother come off as an anti-hero then? Besides... It's obvious even when transformed it is Billy's personality so my incredulity at the statement still stands.

Hmm, why couldn't they have made Freddy a fan of Batman, and Billy, a fan of Superman or something? Why remove that aspect about the character though.

Fine. How did a kid sticking up for his adoptive cripple brother come off as an anti-hero then?

He'll have to answer that obviously, but from the last couple of posts from him in this thread it seems he has a thing with Batson not being exactly like he was in a cartoon episode he saw. Same way some comic heads can't seem to accept that movies aren't comics, he'll need to come to terms with movies not being the cartoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"