Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

It looks good! I liked everything except the Wizard scene "Billy, say my name!" "who the hell the are you first of all?" thats what I felt about the scene.

Eh, disagree. Not that I have an issue with the direction they've chosen, but I don't think the concept is as limited as you do.
I think they could have made this more badass, that's for sure. Shazam in N52 or Shazam in Injustice didn't look as laughable as this guy but hey, if that's the route they chose. Still going to enjoy the movie

All we need now is a Lord and Miller Plastic Man movie.

tumblr_ozbttezwsU1r5zq6ao1_540.gif

tumblr_ozbttezwsU1r5zq6ao2_540.gif

tumblr_ozbttezwsU1r5zq6ao3_540.gif

Am I the only one who immediately thought of Pokemon when the wizard said 'Billy, I choose you'?

Come on, it's not just me, right? But really liked that trailer.

Really enjoyed this trailer, a lot more than Aquaman.

I can definitely understand why some liked this trailer more than Aquamans. It's more coherent and better structured, but for me personally I need to see
a lot more before I get too excited. Levi looks like he's having a ton of fun with the role though.

I can definitely understand why some liked this trailer more than Aquamans. It's more coherent and better structured, but for me personally I need to see
a lot more before I get too excited. Levi looks like he's having a ton of fun with the role though.

Aquaman looks like too much CGI again, reminiscent of Justice League and BvS. Of course, it's impossible to do Aquaman without that, given all the underwater scenes.

It probably would've been fine on its own if those two movies hadn't happened before it, but it's hard to forget about them now.

But also I find Shazam more relatable than Aquaman, and also the basic premise of it. I'm not a big fan of Momoa.

They’re really leaning into the Big movie vibe. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is a homage to the piano scene.

like the set pics we saw that were leaked recently??? of him literally doing that scene?

The trailer is epic. I can see it (as I thought it would be) my fave CBM of the year, outside of Incredibles 2, but Aquaman trailer was a very close second.

Trailer has past a million views already...nice :)

Aquaman is easily my favourite but Shazam was decent which is saying a lot given I wasn’t that interested when the film was originally announced.

This is exactly what I wanted from Shazam. This gonna be awesome.

I like them both. They're so different it's hard to compare.

Agreed.

Freddy Freeman just reminds me of a buddy of mine so much I cant stop smiling when I see him! And Levi's reactions whenever anything cool happens is just great! Such a fun trailer :)

This is exactly what I wanted from Shazam. This gonna be awesome.

Same, it's ripped right from the New 52 version, which, whilst many N52 were not good, Shazam was amongst the better 'new' versions. Looks quality, I'm loving the 'Big' & 'Incredibles' style level & aim of the humour and nostalgia value. It's gonna good at the box office. Can feel it already.

The store scene was like Robocop but with added skittles. (That's a good thing btw).

I wonder if they're gonna include Tawky Tawny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"