Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Just watched this last week and I have to say it's grossly underrated. Definitely one of DC's best Extended Universe films.
It helps that Zachary Levi is a charismatic lead actor and I never thought that I would be excited for more Shazam movie. This was such a fun movie to watch.

Maybe I hadn't been keeping up with home release information, but saw a commercial that the movie will be out on physical release...tomorrow!

Well, looks like I've got another steelbook to buy.

Got my Shazam Blu-ray today. I noticed that they still haven't added the DC Into at the beginning of the movie, I was hoping that they will surely add it to the DVD/Bluray. I wonder what's the issue here.

Got my Shazam Blu-ray today. I noticed that they still haven't added the DC Into at the beginning of the movie, I was hoping that they will surely add it to the DVD/Bluray. I wonder what's the issue here.
I didn’t expect they would. IMO it’s just one more sign of how much of the proverbial red-headed stepchild this was at WB.

The blu-Ray was waiting in my mailbox when I got home last evening, so I got to kick back and dive in last night. It’s a nice effort overall, hits all the expected marks as far as bonus content for me. I know there was some disappointment there was no director’s commentary but that’s rarely anything I ever watch. Best part to me was the making of short. I was really surprised just how much practical effects work went into this, which in hindsight is part of why this feels like an Amblin-esque throwback. It’s also got some great stuff about adjusting to a relatively big budget production after working on more limited funds.

While there’s no director’s commentary on the film, there *is* (optionally) for the deleted scenes, which is great since it gives an explanation of why they didn’t make it.

The movie itself was just as much fun as I remembered. Watched it with my daughter, who was away at school when it first came out and didn’t get a chance to see it, and she loved it. I do have to say I think it loses something on the small screen though. All the big bright colors don’t quite pop they way they did when they were ten feet tall. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to buy a bigger tv...

who think sangberg should change his DP for the sequel ?
he's been workin with his friend for many films, maybe he need to try something else.

So what do we thinks the odds are of this getting a sequel? Slim?

Oh apparently they are working on a Sequel...that's good.

Shazam family Stunt doubles.

D7XDe8PXYAU9kpx.jpg

Met Zachary Levi on Saturday at Fan Expo Canada! He was a really awesome guy and was delighted to hear I saw the film on my birthday! Said he had a ton of fun filming on the set!

2AF9437B-A91F-488A-ACA3-8A410103B3F7.jpeg
3C8CFD0F-B4DB-482B-8DD8-86DF42274A6C.jpeg

My friend said I had bigger arms than he did, lol!

Man , I was looking through the bonus features and was fascinated by how this is one case where they REALLY improved the movie with the reshoots, by making it much more memorable and dramatic.

This movie sucked, definitely won’t be buying it.
Truly don’t understand the reception, I think it’s the worst DCEU film. Worse than Suicide Squad.

I love this character and was incredibly disappointed. Jeff Smith’s work on the character is probably my favorite. Maybe this character would’ve been better suited with animation.

Well, not everyone can have good taste in movies. :oldrazz:
The character is perfectly suited for live-action, and quite frankly it's one of my favorite DC Comics (and comic book) adaptations.

I haven't felt compelled to watch this movie again outside of theaters or watch much scenes, but I enjoyed it.

The zaniness of Mister Mind and the Monster Society of Evil really interests me for the direction of a sequel. And Sandberg could take a Lovecraftian horror approach to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"