Civil War She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread - Part 1

They sure as hell do when they are people, rather than objects. Of course, Ross is terrible about treating people as people.

Concept art

13506994_1049962521761143_5803139642604895993_n.png

Wanda got her powers from the mind stone. There's no indication that she will lose anything if the infinity stone goes. If Civil War is any indication, Wanda doesn't need to be anywhere Vision to use her powers. In fact, I have a crazy theory.

TIN FOIL HAT THEORY FOR INFINITY WAR! Put on your tinfoil hats everyone!

I think Thanos will be defeated by infinity stone powered superheroes. So far we have:

Mind Stone: Vision

Aether: Wanda: I say Aether, because of the red stuff, and her powers were more reality based.

Time: Doctor Strange

Soul: Thor- Thor is worthy. Think about it. The soul stone is inside mjolnir.

Captain Marvel: Power stone?(Feige called her the "most powerful hero.")

There's one more missing. Could it be Wakanda's vibranium? The tesseract was here on Earth centuries ago.

Yes i've long thought that if they wanted to truly represent her comic power level they could let the Aether inhabit her which when mixed with her powers would boost her up to universe level reality warper and she would be able to help reset the universe to fix the damage Thanos did.

Last edited:
Yes i've long thought that if they wanted to truly represent her comic power level they could let the Aether inhabit her which when mixed with her powers would boost her up to universe level reality warper and she would be able to help reset the universe to fix the damage Thanos did.

No. Someone else will take control of the Infinity Gauntlet and undo the damage.

No. Someone else will take control of the Infinity Gauntlet and undo the damage.

Why not let her get the Aether to temporarily show off some of her higher power levels there would be no harm in it.

I think you're missing Mad Ones point. It's one of many plot holes in the film. The hypocrisy of Tony sanctioning Wanda's house arrest is disgustingly absurd as he is is responsible for 80% of the casualties in the MCU.

Reason #79 why I hate Tony Stark and his prescence in this movie.

I think you're missing Mad Ones point. It's one of many plot holes in the film. The hypocrisy of Tony sanctioning Wanda's house arrest is disgustingly absurd as he is is responsible for 80% of the casualties in the MCU.

Tony sanctions it because he knows that Ross would do worse.

Now that's a huge reason the Accords are a bad idea, Ross and the power he has (and like little Ross) has no regards for due process. That's why Steve doesn't sign them when he was close after their talk.

Wanda is far more responsible for causalities in the MCU than Tony who saved millions of lives taking a nuke into a wormhole on what he thought was a one way trip. She's far more responsible for Ultron.

Wanda and Pietro helped Ultron, they protected him when the Avengers first tried to capture him. It all could have ended there if not for their interference. And they did it because they wanted Ultron to kill the Avengers. They were villains just like Zemo letting out a killer to get the job done.

Then they helped him break into facilities and steal materials to make more Ultrons and weapons and those who resisted were casualties. They helped him get the vibranium which would have sent the earth into the stone age.

Wanda also used her powers to get into their minds. She pushed Tony to react to his greatest fear which then in turn pushed him to using the sceptre to fast track Ultron which he designed to become a world protection force. Unlike the Maximoff's his intentions were proection not murder.

She messed with Banner's mind because she wanted him to Hulk out and she did it near a city. If not for Tony how many people in Johannesburg would have died and that would have been on Wanda not The Hulk.

Wanda is pretty much the main reason the Accords probably got rolling and then while she's trying to do the right thing Lagos she shows that she does not have full control over her considerable terrifying powers.

Last edited:
That Legends figure looks like the legs are way bigger than the rest of the body. Still, I'm glad she's got an action figure.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08...ally-a-superhero-in-captain-america-civil-war

By Terri Schwartz Scarlet Witch might be one heck of a fighter on Team Cap, but the directors of Captain America: Civil War don't deem her worthy of the title of "superhero" yet.

According to costume designer Judianna Makovsky, Joe and Anthony Russo didn't want Wanda Maximoff to be fully decked out in a superhero suit because she still hasn't become a full-fledged Avenger yet.

"I think she is not really a superhero yet in the minds of the Russo brothers, the directors," Makovsky told IGN of Elizabeth Olsen's character. "She's just a young girl who doesn't know what she is yet."

That's why Maximoff's outfits still feel relatively casual, like they did when audiences first met her character in Avengers: Age of Ultron. The big change between her outfits in the two film was her transition from a dress to more practical trousers in Civil War -- though both outfits stick to her black-and-red color scheme.

"We decided it needed to be more clothes-based than superhero-based for this script," explained Makovsky. "Just, practically speaking, having trousers was better for everybody. Lizzie has amazing legs, she's a dancer, so why not have trousers? At this point in the script -- it was more appropriate for her character."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrGdPAqWYAY9x-3.jpg

Last edited:
I hope she gets to show off her legs in a future film. I would love to see something closer to the comics where she is in all red.

Yeah, she should get that head dress, and a cape too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"