Civil War She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is. But at least he is a real legit guy and not a wife-beating scumbag...

Oh there are plenty of guys out there, just look around online! You are bound to find a lot.

A good guy who is also an excellent MCU actor? Great pick for an excellent MCU actress!

I thought you meant she used to date a wife-beater.

But Tom is a good catch. Intelligent, funny, and so is she.

She looks good with Chris as well.

iirc she was engaged to a hot model
girl has good taste

Boyd Holbrook. He modeled but he's been an actor or some time.

So she's dating Tom in real life....

Tom plays Loki in three films thus far in the MCU...

She's in this film and JUST began having a thing with him...

#LOKICONFIRMED!!!!!!

They recently filmed the Hank Williams movie together playing Hank and his wife.

Well then it was only inevitable.

Is the relationship with Tom and Lizzie confirmed? Just curious.

Is the relationship with Tom and Lizzie confirmed? Just curious.

Nah, just rumors but they aren't the kind of actors who would confirm unless it was serious either since they don't need the publicity.

Not 100% as far as I know. But then again that never stopped gossipers before (she all of the "Will Smith is hooking up with Margot Robbie" stuff that's out there).

Grillo has already finished shooting his scenes, and I read somewhere that Olsen's only shooting for 2 weeks. I need more SW in this movie!!!

but it's a Cap movie, not a scarlett witch movie...watch the same people complaining this movie is stuffed and is not even a cap film anymore will complain when it IS a cap film and the avengers get sidelined

but it's a Cap movie, not a scarlett witch movie...watch the same people complaining this movie is stuffed and is not even a cap film anymore will complain when it IS a cap film and the avengers get sidelined

Bingo. I hope this puts to rest all of the "Why don't they call it "The Avengers: Civil War" or "Marvel's Civil War"? stuff. It's not because all these charatcers aren't leads, they're supporting characters and cameos in a Captain America movie.

Which again, is not a great way to do CW imo. "Hey we're doing CW, where the whole premise is an ideological divide between two of Earth's biggest heroes. But we're going to spend most of our time focusing on one side. We're nor showing our bias at all there."

The reason why it should be "Avengers: Civil War" or "Marvel's Civil War" is because the premise makes more sense their than as a Cap movie. Do something else for Cap 3.

I'm aware it's a Cap movie, but 2 weeks shoot translates to around 5-10 minutes screen time. I rather more of SW than BW since BW had plenty in TWS.

I'm curious as to why I keep seeing people spell her name "Scarlett Witch" all over the internet. Is that a legit spelling in the comics or are people getting her name confused with Johansson?

I'm aware it's a Cap movie, but 2 weeks shoot translates to around 5-10 minutes screen time. I rather more of SW than BW since BW had plenty in TWS.

SW has less logical reason to be a big part of the plot than BW, I'd imagine.

Me too! Though, SJ has a lot more star power, and Marvel is content to milk the actress for all she's worth. Also, IIRC, Scarlet Witch wasn't even in the Civil War storyline.

I thought the character was well developed in the movie.
Not sure about the love story with the Vision ... it may seem weird in a movie vs. the comics but I guess we will find out.

Me too! Though, SJ has a lot more star power, and Marvel is content to milk the actress for all she's worth. Also, IIRC, Scarlet Witch wasn't even in the Civil War storyline.
SW has less logical reason to be a big part of the plot than BW, I'd imagine.

SJ does have star power, but only after she landed the Black Widow role and her profile elevated by The Avengers movie. Also her star power is not needed since RDJ and so many others are also in this movie. What should drive this movie is the story and her screen time kept to a minimum.

I thought the character was well developed in the movie.
Not sure about the love story with the Vision ... it may seem weird in a movie vs. the comics but I guess we will find out.
They'll probably just touch upon it and the love story focused on Cap since it is his movie.

Grillo has already finished shooting his scenes, and I read somewhere that Olsen's only shooting for 2 weeks. I need more SW in this movie!!!

Grillo has finished already? Was hoping to see lots of Crossbones in this movie. :csad:

I would also like to see more SW. But the movie is already busy, so as long as she gets some great scenes I will be happy.

SJ does have star power, but only after she landed the Black Widow role and her profile elevated by The Avengers movie. Also her star power is not needed since RDJ and so many others are also in this movie. What should drive this movie is the story and her screen time kept to a minimum.

The comics and star power have nothing to do with it. Well, star power might, but still. The simple fact of the matter is she's been established as a close friend of Steve's and was heavily involved in the previous Cap movie, so it makes sense she has a bigger role than Wanda.

Wanda is essentially a new character to the Captain America franchise, so spending a whole bunch of time trying to flesh her out and nail down her character interactions is something that would detract from what is probably the more immediate story.

I don't think this means she'll just be a walking cameo but the movie will most likely focus more heavily on Cap and his cast than the individual Avengers who are not connected to Cap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"