Civil War She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grillo has finished already? Was hoping to see lots of Crossbones in this movie. :csad:

I would also like to see more SW. But the movie is already busy, so as long as she gets some great scenes I will be happy.

Who knows maybe Grillo is misleading the fans, but check out earlier posts with a link to his tweet/instagram advising so.

Me too, SW is a great new character.

I'm curious as to why I keep seeing people spell her name "Scarlett Witch" all over the internet. Is that a legit spelling in the comics or are people getting her name confused with Johansson?

Scarlet Witch is the correct spelling. Scarlet is a shade of red. Scarlett is a name for girls. Wanda is Scarlet Witch because her costume is red.

Scarlet Witch is the correct spelling. Scarlet is a shade of red. Scarlett is a name for girls. Wanda is Scarlet Witch because her costume is red.

Ok, that's what I thought. It's been bugging me to see it misspelled :funny:

Grillo has finished already? Was hoping to see lots of Crossbones in this movie. :csad:

I would also like to see more SW. But the movie is already busy, so as long as she gets some great scenes I will be happy.

Since the movie is Civil War, I think the majority of the movie will be a confrontation between Team Cap vs Team Iron Man. The villains will be there but probably won't have as big a presence as the warring Avengers. As long Crossbones isn't dead, I'm okay with his screen time (or lack thereof).

I loved this character the moment I saw her. I've been spoiled of her joining The Avengers, but that didn't stop me from liking AoU.

I can tell Evans and Olsen look like good friends and have bonded since working together on AoU. Looking forward to more of her involvement revealed in this movie, her powers could easily turn the tide to Cap's favor.

Anyone think they'll alter her Avengers uniform a bit from what we saw in AoU?

Why do you think the Avengers let Wanda join the team instead of putting her in jail? She worked for Hydra and Ultron.

Anyone think they'll alter her Avengers uniform a bit from what we saw in AoU?
I don't see any reason for them to. Cap and Falcon are wearing the same suits, so it wouldn't make much sense for Wanda to change her costume after 10 seconds of screen time.

scarlet_witch_wanda_maximoff_avengers_poster_by_jeffery10-d8uftwv.jpg

Why do you think the Avengers let Wanda join the team instead of putting her in jail? She worked for Hydra and Ultron.

Why do you think SHIELD took Natasha instead of sending her to jail (or just killing her)? And then put her on the Avengers?

The same goes for Wanda. She willingly turned on Ultron once she realized what he was doing, risking her life to help the Avengers. And I'm sure she was deceived by HYDRA about their intentions; the tie-in prequel comic showed Strucker merely promising the twins strength to fight back against the Sokovian government. She was never hailing HYDRA. Plus Wanda has powers which could be very useful to have on the Avengers team.

I'm sure Fury, Steve, and Natasha were all willing to give her a chance. She was just a kid who made some (admittedly big) mistakes.

Because she betrayed Ultron and was one of the primary reasons why he was defeated. As simple as that

Since the movie is Civil War, I think the majority of the movie will be a confrontation between Team Cap vs Team Iron Man. The villains will be there but probably won't have as big a presence as the warring Avengers. As long Crossbones isn't dead, I'm okay with his screen time (or lack thereof).

Agreed. The villains are the ones who instigate this so called civil war.

^ these set photos are just getting better and better!

Cap's got his SHIELD-TWS costume though, as opposed to his AOU one.

She walked out the door and became an Avenger.:o

Because she is a ****e who would gladly get busy in the bed with any one of the male Avengers, whereas Black Widow is more of a good girl :sly:

She walked out the door and became an Avenger.:o

I preferred Bruce's line that he could easily snap her neck and wouldn't even have to turn green. :o

I wanted more of that team friction with the Twins coming on board. If anyone deserves to hate her guts it's Bruce (and a huge part of South Africa she unleashed the Hulk on). I also wanted to the twins and Tony go at and him to call them on their dangerous hypocrisy.

I preferred Bruce's line that he could easily snap her neck and wouldn't even have to turn green. :o

I wanted more of that team friction with the Twins coming on board. If anyone deserves to hate her guts it's Bruce (and a huge part of South Africa she unleashed the Hulk on). I also wanted to the twins and Tony go at and him to call them on their dangerous hypocrisy.

Perhaps they will delve into that more in Civil War, but I think the circumstances of AOU didn't call for a lot of team friction when the twins joined.

At that point, you either join the team or get out of the way. There was no time for in-team arguing over who was worthy. And besides that, Cap seemed to understand that the twins were fighting for their country, something that resonated with him.

Didn't Cap's line come after their first encounter and pre Hulk induced rampage on the innocent of South Africa who have nothing to do with them fighting for their country? Steve of course has empathy, he's Steve, but for me that was a bridge too far and listening to Scarlet Witch talk about how the darkness in Ultron comes from Tony and how he's a danger to the world after the stunt she pulled was more than a bit of delusional hypocrisy. So I loved seeing Bruce be pissed off and not letting her off the hook.

One of my biggest regrets about AOU, even though I really liked it overall, is that we lost QS before he even really gets to have a real confrontation with Tony. Given how much their motivation/backstory is tied to Tony, that seemed like a wasted opportunity to me. Hopefully we get to see Wanda and Tony talk about that at some point. If not here, then in another movie.

I think there was stuff cut out with the twins and Sokovia. I know we got the scene with Pietro telling Ultron how they lost their parents but I felt it wasn't enough. BTW Ultron in that scene really looked like he felt sympathy for the twins and empathized with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"