SHH! Survivor Presents: The Triumvirate

Cmill216

Senior Case Officer
Reaction score
270924a0lwwj8r.png

From Academy Award-winning director Sam Mendes comes an exhilirating crime drama about a group of outsiders who plot to take down the secret inner circle that controls their city.

In 1970s New York, reporter Andrew Carver (Jeremy Renner) has dedicated his life to uncovering the truth. After following a series of leads, he suddenly discovers the details of a seedy alliance between the city's mayor (Jon Hamm), chief of police (Willem Dafoe), and premiere drug lord (Tom Wilkinson). Determined to put an end to their reign of corruption, he risks everything and runs the story, hoping he can make a difference.

But when his fiancée (Charlize Theron) is brutally murdered on the eve of their wedding, Carver is left with only one goal: revenge. And with the help of a desperate contract killer (Michael Fassbender) and a dedicated rookie cop (Chris Pine), he sets out to restore order to the city, no matter the cost. "Trust a few. Take on the rest."

The Triumvirate stars Jeremy Renner, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Chris Pine, Jon Hamm, Willem Dafoe, and Tom Wilkinson. Produced by Team Two Pictures, in association with Spider Nirvana Films.

26233240nfGZpOyv.jpg

And now, The Triumvirate has been nominated for the SHH! Survivor Oscar for Best Picture! And the best part? YOU can decide who wins! Fans can vote for the film on Wednesday, July 27th via the SHH! Survivor Oscar Poll. For more information, visit the official Survivor thread.

Wanna show your support for The Triumvirate? Download the exclusive avatar:

NOTE TO MODS - DON'T DELETE OR CLOSE!!! Signed, SF

Last edited by a moderator:
I own two companies!!! Why am I not rich then :csad:

And we have our first interview from Jeremy Renner:

How is this role different from other roles?

Well, unlike previous roles, Andrew isn't much of a fighter. He doesn't have a history of violence like my character in The Town, nor does he have any military or history of government service like my characters in Hurt Locker, or 28 Weeks Later. He's more unpolished in terms of fighting.
Also, Andrew’s a freelance journalist. You’ll see that come into play during several parts of this movie.

How does that play into your relationship with the other characters?

Carver is more the brains of the group. He's always been good at getting secrets out of people, so this makes him a good interrogator too. Though he may at times go too far given what's been through, Michael’s (Fassbender) character tries to keep the level-headedness to both these guys.

Now what makes this movie different from other revenge movies?

I think this one’s a bit more layered and more about the characters than the story. Each of these characters between me, Michael, and Chris (Pine) has something at stake, whether it will be revenge, redemption, or reinvigorating life to a corrupt and defeated police force.

Last edited:
reinvirgorate? what's that mean? :p

It's the only one with a re I could think of for Pine's character.

He's one of the few good cops as part of a corrupt and jaded police department. Pine is one of those rookie cops that could put some life back into the good cops.

Here’s director Sam Mendes

So what look were you striving for in this movie?
I was striving for a gritty 70s like revenge movie combined with a deeper crime drama of today. I wanted to emphasize the line between right or wrong, or the potential lack of a line.

Lack of a line?
Yes, I wanted to have each action of these characters carry some weight. None of the places they go, or the people they meet, or should I say attack, will be frivolous, even down the minor henchmen. It's not like these guys are experienced at doing this. Only one of them are. These are men from different worlds all coming together to take down a criminal empire.

With three rising stars in Pine, Fassbender and Renner, how does trying to get a good performance out of them compare to getting a performance out of older actors in the film like Wilkinson, Dafoe, and Hamm?
It is all the same. It comes down to inspiring your actor. Whether it is giving them a speech or something drastic like putting a gun to their head (laughs), whatever works for the movie you have to do. I remember when I did America Beauty and some of the first scenes I shot did not work for the film. So I shot it again. First two days of shooting, we shot again. I know it’s disappointing but I look for perfect, not just good or great. I wouldn’t say they were wasted though. We, as a cast and crew learned from our mistakes and learned how to make it perfect. Even the best directors, like Spielberg, Fincher, and Nolan are still always on a learning curve.

Thank you. I must thank Iron Fist for finding that picture for me! :woot:

Dang, this movie sounds vicious!

I believe the thread for voting starts tomorrow, but thanks for your support :up: :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"