The "Ultimate Marvel" RPG Season III

UltimateSurferBanner-1.jpg

The Ultimate Silver Surfer

Where is this cleansing to begin? At the hub of corruption. At the focal point of the petty, daily occurrences that occur on the planet earth…

Washington D.C.

I summon my board and fly straight up into space.

Within minutes, I’m back on Earth, in the heart of the United States government.

I look around.

Yes.

This, this is where it must begin.

I kneel at the tip of my board and my hands begin to glow.

I hear two men having a conversation.

“Did you catch the game last night?” One asks.

“Which one?” The other says.

He glances over at me and asks his friend, “Hey, isn’t that one of those silver things that attacked New York?”

The guy next to him nods.
“Yeah I think it is.”

The man withdraws his cell phone and dials a number.

“Yeah, this is McLaunie. You need to get the President, vice president, and the cabinet to secure loca--argh!”

I slice off his hand with a beam of cosmic energy and he drops his phone.

I leap off of my board, sprint, and pick up his cell phone.

Mimicking his voice patterns, I speak into the receiver,
“No… Never mind that. Just got a little panicky. Sorry. Have a good lunch.”

As soon as the person on the other line hangs up, I crush the phone in my hand.

In a single bound, I leap onto my board, that’s been keeping pace just above me.

I feel a sharp object strike the back of my head and turn around.

“Freeze, freak!”
A police officer says, aiming his gun at me.

“Move any closer, and I’ll blow your brains all over the pavement.”
He says, reloading his gun.

I step down from my board.

“There is no need for hostility officer,”
I say, raising my hand.

He fires his gun once more and, using my cosmic energy, I slow time down and wrap a cold fist around the bullet.

Time returns to its normal pace.

I drop the bullet to the ground and it turns to dust before the bullet hits the ground.

I wrap my hand around a nearby woman’s throat and hold her in front of me.

“I do not want you to harm her, officer, but if you pull that gun trigger again…” I say, “...you most certainly will.”

He heaves in a deep sigh and closes one of his eyes, taking a steadier aim.

“Do not do this, officer.” I say, gripping the woman’s throat tightly.

“Please, please sir, don’t fire the gun!” The woman cries.

“Ma’am, you’ll be fine, I just need you to be quite.”

“Do not kill her.” I say to the officer.

“I won’t.” he says.

He fires the gun and I slow time and ease the woman’s head into the path of the bullet.

Time resumes its normal pace again as the bullet flies straight through the woman’s eyes.

I summon my board and step onto it with her.

I drop her carelessly onto the hood of his car.

“Enjoy your handiwork, officer.”
I say picking up speed on my board flying, through the streets of Washington.

I fly into the pavement, slipping through it as if it were liquid.

35773.jpg

"Sorry about you're Mom, I couldn't leave you on your own like this."

"I really don't know how to feel about this, I mean yeah she was my mom. BUt on the other hand she didnt say anything when my dad sent me away. This is really just an obligation."

I look back at her and smile.

"Thank you for coming."

We share a silent moment as we gaze into each other eyes.

"I got someone I'd like you to meet."

I take her hand and lead her into the kitchen.

"Warren who was at the...."

Alfred straightens up and goes back into butler mode at the sight of Ali.

"Oh hello."

"Ali this is Alfred, he raised me after my parents shipped me off to one of their summer homes. Alfred this is my girlfriend Alison Blair."

"Hey" I give a little wave of my hand, feeling kinda awkward.

There is a moment of silence between us, I gotta break this.

I grin and slap the old guy on the back, sitting myself down at the table.

"So, what're we having?"

I smile and wink at War.

ddlogo5uf.gif

St. Michael looked down upon Matt Murdock's shoulders, through the light of moon, as the sun sank into the night, leaving the Church overlapped in darkness. Were St. Michael alive today, he would've had two distinct reactions... the first, a look of a pity, as he would've seen the obvious weight that Murdock carried upon his shoulders, even as he sat down in the first row in solitude. The second, would've been a visible confusion, at Matt's seeming comfort in the darkness surrounding him. But the truth was... Matt couldn't have cared less if he wanted to, whether it was night or day. Because this was the hour he needed reassurance.

"Forgive me, father, for I have sinned."

Matt removed his glasses, within the confessional. Father Loeb, a priest of which had known the troubled man since he was a mere boy, on the days young Murdock had run inside the church's protective walls for protection against countless bullies and tests of his own faith, looked upon Matt's face within the darkness. A look of dread overshadowing any other emotion, as Matt's blinded eyes stared out at the shadows infront of him.

"And how have you sinned, my son?", Father Loeb asked, knowing he probably didn't even want to know the answer, in truth.

"It's been... a month, probably, since my last confession,", Matt began, a bit ashamed. "But I had nowhere else to turn."

"Has your faith... diminished, in any way?", Loeb guessed.

Matt was silent, for a moment, before shaking his head, clutching a minature cross he kept within his jacket's lapel at all times. It reminded him of both his vulnerability, and his shortcomings... and rid them from his mind, so he could seek redemption on a day to day basis. Or, in Matt's case, a nightly basis.

"Blindness is my handicap, Father..., Matt answered, looking over at the faceless being beside him. "Never my faith."

"Then to what sin have you come to confess, Matthew?"

Matt didn't know how to truly go about confessing. He never did. Often, he'd leave the booth before he had the chance. But tonight, he felt, God was the only one he could truly turn to. Because for all of his beliefs, and all of his own contradictions... Matt was most confident in the fact that if anyone was to spare him the condemnment to hell, it would be the Lord. And even that was becoming a slimming chance.

"I had a moment of weakness, a few nights ago.", Matt began. "A testament to my own will. And I'm afraid that... if I don't face what brought it out, it may never leave me."

"Weakness?", The father questioned. "Weakness in what way?"

Matt's head lowered.

"My morality, Father...", The young blind man answered, clutching the charm in his pocket even tighter.

"I was given the temptation to take a life."

dared3gr.jpg

The radio dispatch on a passing cruiser from the streets had hit his radar just minutes ago. And the moment the details became clear, amongst the relays of static... He was off, like a demon from hell, dancing upon the rooftops as if he were one with them. Unintimidated, determined... a true man without fear.

But what had caught The Daredevil's attention most had not lied within the details... they lied within the lack of them. The radio dispatch had been cut off, mid-sentence, as the overseeing officer of a barfight on 5th's larnyx was obviously severed. He recogised the sound, even through the static. And that alarmed him. So it was to no surprise that, despite the fact that he had been secluded blocks away, atop a gargoyle... He never stopped, until he got there. Even with ached muscles and bruised ribs, Daredevil fell through the air, a grace about his movements, as he latched his billy club onto a streetlight below, and grabbed it upon falling.

With three airel twists, each accompanied with the prescision of an acrobat, Daredevil flipped foward and kicked high, smashing through twin doors that were illuminated under the heat of a neon light reading "JOSE'S TAVERN". But upon landing, his billy clubs gripped tightly, Daredevil soon realised that despite the various accounts of body odor and subtlelty of inner temperature... he heard only one heartbeat within the establishment.

That's when it hit him. He was standing in a circle of dozens... perhaps hundreds of fresh corpses, sprawled upon the massive bar that circled him. And in the center, he could hear a live pulse, and smell a definative prespiration of a man who had too good of a time, creating this horrifying revealation as it visibly dawned upon Daredevil.

A clap, followed by a laugh came, before The Man Without Fear finally gathered enough sense about him to grit his teeth, in anger, facing the individual infront of him.

"You've murdered these people!", Daredevil exclaimed, knowing that it wasn't a question, by the blood that he could smell coating the man's fingers, even now.

"Aye. You noticed, I see.", The man exclaimed, as Daredevil sensed a grin come upon his sweat coated face. "'Twas a barrel of laughs, up until the cops showed up. But I got them in the spirit easily... Heh, they just had to lose their eyes, first."

Daredevil's eyes widened. Usually, when he faced a murderer... any murderer... there'd be a hint of remorse in his voice, or even the faintest jolt of a rise in their pulse. But with this man... he sensed nothing. Just pure, obvious adrenaline. Whoever he was, he clearly enjoyed what he had done here, tonight.

"What kind of monster are you?", Daredevil asked, as the man began to step in his direction, armed with an object he couldn't quite place, at first.

It wasn't a gun. Or a knife. Even a chain. It was small... thin, almost materialistic. But laced with the smell of silver. A razor blade, He noted, as the figure grinned again.

"Monster? I'm touched. Though I'm not one for introductions, really, so I'll just let you call me..."

Bullseye_002.jpg

"BULLSEYE!"

"Hey" I give a little wave of my hand, feeling kinda awkward.

There is a moment of silence between us, I gotta break this.

I grin and slap the old guy on the back, sitting myself down at the table.

"So, what're we having?"

I smile and wink at War.
35773.jpg

"Hey"

Alfred smiles and nodes his head.

"Pleasure to meet you young lady."

An awkward silence falls over the room. I kinda expected this to happen, I really forgot just how stuffy and formal everybody act around here. I grin as Ali playfully pats Alfred on the back and sits down.

"So, what're we having?"

"Anything you'd like Alison."

"Yeah we won't have to fight Piotr and Kurt for the last slice of pizza."

MAGNETO.jpg

Magneto stared out the large window overlooking the small planet which he would soon be the ruler. Getting that punk Longshot to cooperate was going to cost him more than he was happy about, but he knew that with the extra swing of his luck the battle would serve its purpose more effectively.

Avalanche and Toad stood next to Magneto. "So, what you call us 'ere for, Sir?"

Magneto turned to Toad. "There has been a small change of plans. You two will not be joining us in the attack on the Triskelion."

Toad threw up his hands. "What?! Come on, Magneto, you know I can fight! I could take on Captain Am-"

Magneto raised his hand to silence the raving teenager. "You and Avalanche have a much more important mission. During our attack, you two will go to Xavier's mansion and destroy it."

"Destroy it? Are you serious?"

"You have been working for me long enough that my sense of humor does not enter into the realm of practical jokes, Toad."
Magneto turned back to the Earth. "With the mansion destroyed, any X-Men who do not feel it important to defend the Triskelion will have nowhere to go. This is a statement, my brothers. They will have nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. Our attack is going to strike such fear into the hearts of the children of men that no one will dare stand in our way."

ELSEWHERE...

Nick Fury sat in his office across from one of the most strange looking girls he had ever met. He read her report carefully, then looked up. "So, let me get this story straight. You, an illegal immigrant from...where did you say you were from again?"

"Genosha."

"Right, Genosha. And you want to join the Ultimates to fight against Magneto and his attack."

"That's right, sir."
Her African accent was slight, almost undetectable to the untrained ear.

"Well, I appreciate your willingness to help us. However, I'm afraid you just up and joining the Ultimates is out of the question. You can, however, help us in the fight. God knows we'll need all the help we can get."

The girl smiled. "To be expected, I'm sure."

Fury looked at her curiously. "Tell me something. What drives a young lady like yourself out of hiding as an illegal immigrant to ask to help the very company that would quite possibly ship her back to where she came from?"

The girl smiled, her white hair catching the florescent lights in Fury's office. "I just want to make sure that Magneto's little lucky charm runs out, General. Its kind of a personal conflict with that charm actually."

Fury chuckled. "Longshot. I see. Well, personal vendettas are allowed around here as long as they benefit national security." He smiled and stood up, shaking one of her several hands. "You're going to need a codename, for security purposes. Any requests?"

The girl smiled. "Spiral."

Blackheart1.jpg

Sanctum Sanctorum

Deep in the heart of Greenwich Villiage, Dr. Steven Strange practices his mystical arts by meditation. As he meditates hovering above the floor, his apprentice bursts in the room.

“Steven! Steven! I feel a dark presence coming!”

"I know. I have felt it too. It comes to us. For me."

“What will you do?”

"I will see what it wants. I wish only to fight if necessary."

They both wait readily. Dr. Strange stops his meditation, and lands his feet on the floor. He stands ready for the evil he must face. His apprentice stands by and watches. Suddenly, the windows burst open, and a cold breeze blows through the open window. They both stares at the window as the wind comes through.

"It is here."

Dr. Strange stands firm and ready as he waits for the presence to show itself. His apprentice watches, and tries to sense the location of the entity. Suddenly, a figure appears to them. A dark blue being stands on the ground before them. Its body seems burned, and the smell of brimstone and ash fills the room. His appearance is one not familiar to Dr. Strange, and he still caustiously waits.

"Who are you, and what is your buisness here?"

The being laughs, and begins walking toward him.

“I’m Blackheart, and I have a proposition for you Steven.”

UltimateSpider-Man2.jpg

Hobgoblin gathered all his strength and tossed the SUV off of him, launching it toward its intended target. Spider-Man managed to twist out of the way, but even his blaring spider sense couldn’t save him from the volley of fireballs launched by the Goblin. The searing heat was agonizing, and Spider-Man dropped to the ground like a sack of bricks.

Hobgoblin lumbered over to his former friend, grabbing him carelessly at the small of the back and heaving him up into the air. Military and news choppers alike circled in the air above, and both combatants could here the rumble of tanks in the distance.

UltimateSpider-ManVsHobgoblin.jpg

[BLACKOUT]“Do you see it, Pete? Do you hear it? All the people coming to witness the death of their hero, or the demise of a menace, depending on whom you talk to. You should see this as me doing you a favor. Putting you out of the miserable debacle that is your pathetic life. Mommy and Daddy killed when you were oh so little. Poor Uncle Ben gunned down by a man you could have stopped. Your chance for a normal life stolen by a freak accident. And little Mary Jane, put into a coma by the very boy she loved, possessed by what was supposed to be his father’s greatest discovery.”[/BLACKOUT]

Hobgoblin slammed Spider-Man into the ground and immediately pulled him back up.

[BLACKOUT]“How did that feel, to see your father’s greatest work, his legacy, stolen by others and turned into something twisted? All he ever had taken away from him. Branded a monster. Sound familiar? Because that’s what you helped do to my father, Peter. Little goody two shoes, had to flaunt what you had. You took something that wasn’t supposed to be yours, and took it as your own. You stole my father’s legacy from him, and took him from me.”

“That time sitting alone in that God forsaken cell, alone with the demon who now possessed me, it all became so clear. I finally saw what I had to do. Dr. Harrow, your aunt’s shrink, MJ’s doctor? He was assigned to me, to analyze me while I wasted away at the Triskelion.”[/BLACKOUT]

Another slam into the ground, followed by a toss across the street into a brick wall.

[BLACKOUT]“What people didn’t realize was that he had been a close personal advisor to my father. His assignment was no random occurrence. My father made his history disappear, made sure that his connections would ensure that Harrow would have constant contact with my father and I if anything where to happen. And so we plotted and went to work, in our own unspoken way. He planted seeds in your aunt’s mind, triggers intended for you, that would attack you subconsciously. Do you remember the voice telling you to put the symbiote back on? That was my voice, Pete. My father getting involved was unplanned, but he was a mere husk of himself by that point, thanks to you and your little friend Nick Fury. I wanted the symbiote destroy you, after you had destroyed your own name and reputation. And then I would finish you off. You attacking MJ though, that was unplanned but oh so enjoyable. And it opened you up. How long have you been beating yourself up over killing your own child? How long has the guilt been eating you, sinking you lower and lower into depression, leaving you open and vulnerable? It made you reckless, and you never saw me coming Peter. And you know the best part?”[/BLACKOUT]

Hobgoblin grabbed Spider-Man by the neck and slammed his head into the wall again, slowly choking off the wall crawler’s airway.

[BLACKOUT]“It was a lie, all made up, executed flawlessly by the good doctor. I wanted you to know that, know that I had destroyed ever fiber of your life before I finally kill you. You really were my best friend, Peter. I loved you like a brother. Goodbye.”[/BLACKOUT]

35773.jpg

"Hey"

Alfred smiles and nodes his head.

"Pleasure to meet you young lady."

An awkward silence falls over the room. I kinda expected this to happen, I really forgot just how stuffy and formal everybody act around here. I grin as Ali playfully pats Alfred on the back and sits down.

"So, what're we having?"

"Anything you'd like Alison."

"Yeah we won't have to fight Piotr and Kurt for the last slice of pizza."
35773.jpg

Alfred makes us something to eat and proceeds to tell the most embarrassing stories about me.

"Oh my god thats the funniest thing I ever heard."

"And thats wasent the worst, when he was fourteen I caught him..."

I was about to stop him when the phone started ringing.

"I'll get that."

Ali takes a long drink from the beer that Alfred took out of his own mini fridge for her and looked over at me with a grin.

"So what did he catch you doing?"

I can feel my face heating up as it turns red.

"I....I was making out with our neighbor's seventeen year old daughter."

Before Ali can respond Alfred walks back in.

"That was your father Warren."

Great here it comes.

"He said that the buisness hes' attending to is taking longer then he expected so he won't be back until tomorrow."

Whats new.

"He wanted me to tell you to make yourself at home and to sleep in any bedroom you'd like."

I quickly node my head as silence settles on us again.

UltimateSpider-Man2.jpg

Spider-Man’s eye twitched beneath his mask. His chest tightened, his face burned, his whole body trembled. His mind was a complete blur, clouded by rage.

The power that spider had given him all those months ago; all the abilities bestowed upon him, Peter had always been afraid to fully explore his potential. He held himself back, pulled his punches, used them only to the extent to keep himself alive, to subdue his adversary. It was one of the many responsibilities that came with the power.

With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.

And now, now it meant so much more. Harry Osborn, his best friend in the world, his brother, stood before him now, prepared to deliver the killing blow. A friend he would have died for, someone he loved and trusted, had torn his whole life apart and put the only family Peter ever had in mortal danger, had helped to brutalize and traumatize the love of Peter’s life. And once he was done here, he wouldn’t stop. He would go after the other’s he blamed for Norman’s downfall, tear the city apart, hurt more innocents, ruthlessly murder whoever he damn well pleased. And Peter Parker, Spider-Man, he alone was the one with the power to stop Harry, and with that came the undying responsibility.

There was no warning as Spider-Man’s thumbs buried themselves deep into the Adam’s apple of the Hobgoblin. The monster’s eyes bulged as he struggled for a breathe through his closed airway. He faltered slightly, just enough for Spider-Man to get a footing. It was all he needed. He shrugged free of Hobgoblins grip, firmly planting his palms in the beast’s chest and lifting with all his might, hoisting Hobgoblin effortlessly over his head and holding him there for just a second before tossing him across the street. Hobgoblin crashed into an armored car, the force of the impact sending him through the huge reinforced truck like the it was made from tin foil.

[BLACKOUT]“Hmph…too….little, too….late…bug…”[/BLACKOUT]

“It’s arachnid, numb nuts…”

A massive shadow descended over the prone Hobgoblin. Harry looked up, what little breath left inside him escaping in a surprised gasp.

Spider-ManTruck.jpg

“Big enough for ya?”

Spider-Man slammed the semi down on his old friend, metal screeching and twisting, and asphalt being crush amidst the horrid howls of a angry Hobgoblin.

“Don’t like it when the other guy plays by your rules, huh?”

UltimateSpider-Man2.jpg

S.H.I.E.L.D. armored personal tanks and Hulkbuster units descended on the battle torn neighborhood. Hobgoblin still struggled under the weight of the semi, his strength and momentum severely diminished.

Spider-Man turned in a slow circle, surveying the area. Nobody was taking this away from him. This wasn’t a schoolyard spat between friends anymore. This was about honor, pride, and dignity.

There were almost two-dozen ways into the immediate area. All of them were webbed closed in under 10 seconds, and the Hulkbusters were rendered useless by webbing up the rocket boosters and rifle muzzles.

“Mine,” he growled, throwing his right arm up and meeting the now free Hobgoblin, who was stalking him from behind, with a brutal fist to the face, breaking his nose and sending him back down to the ground.

“Last round, Harry,” Spider-Man announced, turning around and cracking his knuckles. “Winner takes all.”

rpg2tw6.jpg

First rule of war. Peace comes at the end.

Till then, you're fightin' tooth and nail, never holding back for a second. That's how we did it in the Gulf War. That's how we came home alive. Usin' every fiber of our beings to take our enemies down, no matter the cost. Things were different back then... but the pricipal never changed. And I find myself goin' back to those tactics every day, now. Feels good. Feels right. Feels respectable. Not that these scum deserve that much.

I clean off the barrel of a silencer. Illegal to have, but nessacary to own. Gets the job done right. Below me lies a scoped and sawed rifle. Took that one from a punk in Harlem, not long before my arrest. Waste of a weapon, in his hands. But I've turned it into something more. Just like the rest of them. Semi-automatics, machine, magnums... the list is virtually endless. Every one of them holds a memory, just like every one of them has a use.

Placing the barrel and ammunition on the table ahead, I grab the body armor behind me and gear up. Outfitted the thing with at least 20 different holsters. And that's just on the inner shell. I don't let the enemy see that I'm armored anymore. Not after the arrest. Now, I'm taking a different tactic. The last thing my enemies will see won't be a pound of metal and kevlar. The last thing my enemies are gonna look at is death's head: The Skull. And my face, gunning them down before they can even get a lick on me.

Tonight, I stop playin' games. The police will come, but I'll be gone. And no one's gonna save the guilty from my wrath. Tonight, all I have on my mind is Maria and the kids. And it makes loadin' these tools of the trade all the more bearable.

Punisher02.jpg

Rest well, hon'. Tonight, there's gonna be a celebration. Followed by swift, and sweet punishment.

UltimateSpider-Man2.jpg

The Hobgoblin tried to stand again, but was met with a swift kick to the throat.

“Say something, Harry.”

Spider-Man pounced on the Goblin’s stomach.

“Where’s your witty intellect? Where’re your maniacal threats or your egotistical superiority? What are you going to do next? What are Daddy’s wishes?”

[BLACKOUT]“Kill you!”[/BLACKOUT]

Hobgoblin tried to smash Spider-Man’s head between hi fists, but his massive scaly armed were pinned to the ground with two webbing restraints.

“Heard it before.”

Spider-Man clubbed the Hobgoblin in the mouth, shattering several fangs. Another kick jab shattered his left eye socket. Spider-Man ripped his old friend off the ground, and swung him around, sending him careening through the wall of a nearby Starbucks. Several quick bounds later, Spider-Man was again pummeling the monster with lefts and rights for several moments before realized the Goblin was laughing.

[BLACKOUT]“Do it, Peter. End it. Put me out of my God forsaken misery, end my life and embrace the destiny my father wanted for us.”[/BLACKOUT]

Spider-Man stopped, thought for a moment, then stood up, looming over his opponent.

“Twice, you’ve asked me to kill you. The first time, I thought it was a plea from a desperate friend, a man trying to escape from the monster within. I felt for you, I felt the pity. But you got sloppy, Harry. I saw it in your eyes. That would be the ultimate victory for you. I would become what I hate the most. It would destroy me and everything I stand for. No, I thought beating you to a pulp was the answer, but you showed be how to really beat you. You, Harry Osborn, gave me the answer to handing you the ultimate defeat.”

Spider-Man turned and began to walk away.

“You’ll have to live the rest of your days with the knowledge that you couldn’t break me, couldn’t bend me to your will, festering in your mind, eating away at your soul. The knowledge that you failed, not only in your master plans, but also your fathers, who despite the fact that he never gave a damn about you and would rather see you dead, you still strive to please with every fiber of your being. I love you like a brother, Harry. Goodbye.”

Spider-Man disregarded the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who had managed to break through his webbing and now swarmed the scene. They were of little concern to him. They only purpose they served right now was to take away the shell of a man who had died a long time ago. No, he had somewhere more important to be right now.

-

“Sorry it’s been so long. Things have been kinda of hectic, but that’s no excuse. I’ve got so much to say, but I just can’t find the words. But then again, talk is kinda cheap. Some of the only words that have ever stuck…you said ‘em. With Great Power, comes Great Responsibility.”

Spider-ManGrave.jpg

“I live by those words every day. It why I do what I do. I…you know what, you already know everything that’s going on. I know your there, watching over me, getting me through each and every day, wishing I’d clean my room…I miss you, Uncle Ben. And I love you.”

Spider-ManTombstone.jpg

35773.jpg

Alfred makes us something to eat and proceeds to tell the most embarrassing stories about me.

"Oh my god thats the funniest thing I ever heard."

"And thats wasent the worst, when he was fourteen I caught him..."

I was about to stop him when the phone started ringing.

"I'll get that."

Ali takes a long drink from the beer that Alfred took out of his own mini fridge for her and looked over at me with a grin.

"So what did he catch you doing?"

I can feel my face heating up as it turns red.

"I....I was making out with our neighbor's seventeen year old daughter."

Before Ali can respond Alfred walks back in.

"That was your father Warren."

Great here it comes.

"He said that the buisness hes' attending to is taking longer then he expected so he won't be back until tomorrow."

Whats new.

"He wanted me to tell you to make yourself at home and to sleep in any bedroom you'd like."

I quickly node my head as silence settles on us again.

dazzlerbanner.jpg

We wander through the never ending halls of the house. The emptyness of this place is tangible, our footsteps echoing on the polished floor.

We seem to pass hundreds of doors but War rejects them all, he must have a specific room in mind.

Finally we come to the end of the hallway, but we seem to have run out of doors. I stand confused for a second until War turns and opens a small door I wouldn't even have noticed, it blends in with wall panel so well.

A narrow set of stairs leads up into the dark, so I create a small bauble of pink light in my hand and lead the way up.

"What's so special about this room then?"

He just smirks at me.

"You'll see."

I open the second door at the top of the stairs, and arch one eyebrow at what I see.

It's a small attic room, bare floorboards and a low ceiling. The bed is two double mattresses piled on top of each other on the floor with a huge feather down blanket. A tiny fireplace still filled with ash is at one end, and opposite it are ceiling to floor length red velvet curtains hanging over the entire wall, heavy with dust.

Apart from that the room is bare, a standing lamp in one corner and a desk are the only other furniture.

"You live in El Mansiono Richo, and this is the room you choose?"

"It's my room from when I was young, but you haven't seen the best part yet."

He strides over to the curtains with a grin like he has some great secret to reveal. He pulls them apart dramaticly, and I have to admit I am impressed.

The whole wall is a window, glass doors in the center leading out to a rustic balcony where part of the railing has been broken away.

In the cloud of dust thrown from the curtains and the red light of the setting sun, the room is transformed into a magical haven.

Out through the window the whole grounds are visible, most stunning is where the sun touches a huge lake, casting its bright image on the surface.

For once I can say I am speechless. Me. Speechless. Queen Gob Herself is lost for words.

dazzlerbanner.jpg

We wander through the never ending halls of the house. The emptyness of this place is tangible, our footsteps echoing on the polished floor.

We seem to pass hundreds of doors but War rejects them all, he must have a specific room in mind.

Finally we come to the end of the hallway, but we seem to have run out of doors. I stand confused for a second until War turns and opens a small door I wouldn't even have noticed, it blends in with wall panel so well.

A narrow set of stairs leads up into the dark, so I create a small bauble of pink light in my hand and lead the way up.

"What's so special about this room then?"

He just smirks at me.

"You'll see."

I open the second door at the top of the stairs, and arch one eyebrow at what I see.

It's a small attic room, bare floorboards and a low ceiling. The bed is two double mattresses piled on top of each other on the floor with a huge feather down blanket. A tiny fireplace still filled with ash is at one end, and opposite it are ceiling to floor length red velvet curtains hanging over the entire wall, heavy with dust.

Apart from that the room is bare, a standing lamp in one corner and a desk are the only other furniture.

"You live in El Mansiono Richo, and this is the room you choose?"

"It's my room from when I was young, but you haven't seen the best part yet."

He strides over to the curtains with a grin like he has some great secret to reveal. He pulls them apart dramaticly, and I have to admit I am impressed.

The whole wall is a window, glass doors in the center leading out to a rustic balcony where part of the railing has been broken away.

In the cloud of dust thrown from the curtains and the red light of the setting sun, the room is transformed into a magical haven.

Out through the window the whole grounds are visible, most stunning is where the sun touches a huge lake, casting its bright image on the surface.

For once I can say I am speechless. Me. Speechless. Queen Gob Herself is lost for words.
35773.jpg

My grin widens as Ali stares out at the beutiful view.

"I hoped you'd like it, this place hasent been takin care of after I left but that could be fixed."

Mr.Fantastic.jpg

I plead with the Fantasduck Four. "Please, we need to find a way back to our dimension!"

My counterpart thinks for a moment before announcing, "I have a plan!"

"Great!" I reply. "What is it?"

He opens the door and responds, "Follow me! We have to visit Ducktor Strange!"

I hear Johnny try to repress a chuckle. I turn and look at him and he regains his composure.

Shortly after, we arrive at Ducktor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum. The door is answered by this universe's Wong. "How may I help the Fantasduck Four?"

"We're here to see Ducktor Strange. It's urgent."

"I will alert him right away."

We follow Wong down the hallway until we reach a closed door. He knocks before announcing, "Sir, the Fantasduck Four are here...and they've brought...friends."

Ducktor Strange opens the doors and enters the hallway. "Hello, friends. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"This is Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four. He's my counterpart from a foreign dimension."

Ducktor Strange looks intrigued. "Another dimension, you say?"

"Yes, and I'm stranded here. I need to get back home," I explain.

Ducktor Strange rubs his bill for a moment before responding, "Please...follow me. I may be able to help you."

We enter into a room. Ducktor Strange walks over to what appears to be a caldron. "This is going to be difficult, Reed. Even if I can manage to open an inter-dimensional portal, there's no guarantee that I can keep it open for long."

"Whatever it takes," I reply. Ducktor Strange nods.

"Everyone remain quiet," Ducktor Strange instructs. He begins to mutter something unintelligible, and then a strange green glow appears over the caldron. "Now! Go now! I can't keep it stabilized for long!"

"Thank you," I respond. And with a gulp, I walk towards the green glow.

The next thing I know, I'm falling...the darkness envelops me, and it's getting...hard...to...breathe...

35773.jpg

My grin widens as Ali stares out at the beutiful view.

"I hoped you'd like it, this place hasent been takin care of after I left but that could be fixed."

"I dunno, I guess I do feel more at home like this than in the riches."

I start to laugh as a thought enters my head.

"Haha, what do you think 'Daddy's' going to think of me, not exactly his choice right?"

"I dunno, I guess I do feel more at home like this than in the riches."

I start to laugh as a thought enters my head.

"Haha, what do you think 'Daddy's' going to think of me, not exactly his choice right?"
35773.jpg

"Frankly I don't give a damn what he thinks. Acutally theres another reason I brought you up here."

I reach into my pocket and walk over to Ali, the sun is slowly starting to set bathing the room with a bright red glow.

"Ali I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

I pull out the small black box and open it revealing an engagement ring.

"Will you marry me?"

UltimateSpider-Man2.jpg

Peter Parker shoved his hands in his pocket and picked up the pace a bit as he neared Mary Jane’s house. After everything he had been through the last few weeks, after everything he had gone up against in the last 24 hours, they all almost paled in comparison to the fact that in about five minutes, he had to explain the unexplainable to Aunt May. No doubt she had realized by now that he wasn’t in MJ’s room anymore. That wasn’t the worse part though. So, he had gone out for a while, maybe he forgot to tell Aunt May. It happened before. It was the coming in at almost 3:00 in the morning without so much as a phone call, after World War Three had erupted downtown in a nationally televised brawl between Spider-Man and the Hobgoblin that was going to cause him the most problems. The whole lecture about responsibility…he noticed a pattern there…and having her worried sick, getting yelled at for sneaking around. Yeah, that was always the fun part.

He had to tell Aunt May the truth. He had to tell her he was Spider-Man. Maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad thing. Sure, there was the possibility of the initial burst of anger, the nagging, more lecturing, but there would also be no more lies, no more sneaking around and trying to come up with more lame excuses. Maybe it was the right time. He was finally coming to peaceful terms with his ‘other self’, maybe it was time to come clean about it. Maybe…

Spider-sense. Non-threatening, but in the immediate area. Somebody was waiting close by, waiting for him.

“Oh no,” Peter groaned as he rounded the corner.

“Kid.”

“What Fury? I’m not in the mood. In case you haven’t noticed, I had a rather busy day, thanks in part to you I would assume. I just can’t understand how the supposedly most high tech detention facility in the world can have so many breakouts.”

“Nice to see that little thrashing didn’t hurt your ego too much.”

“Seriously, I don’t have time for this. I have to get inside and get grounded. If you’ll excuse me…”

“Hold it, Peter,” Fury grabbed Peter by the arm. “I’m not here on business. Officially, anyway. I owe you some thanks, and I thought you could maybe use a hand.”

“For what?”

“I was a teenager once. I did my fair share of sneaking out, got into more than enough trouble. Not fun coming home at night. Figured maybe you wanted a free pass back into the house.”

“Whatta you want from me.”

“Nothing. You’ve helped my team and I out enough times without anything in return. Consider this one of many, many repayments owed.”

“Yeah, well, just make sure you take your shoes off. Mrs. Watson hates dirt on the floor.”

-

Peter had to admit; Nick Fury was a pro at coming up with truly believable lies. That’s something one wouldn’t expect coming from a man who worked for the government. As far as Aunt May was concerned now, S.H.I.E.L.D. had secretly whisked Peter away after Harry escaped, knowing he was a credible threat to Peter. The utmost secrecy was needed to ensure that no one close to Peter was also put in any danger. For a moment, Peter himself believed the story.

It wasn’t all an elaborate story though. Dr. Harrow, his role in the scheme, the lies about MJ and her supposed pregnancy…Fury cleared it all up. But that still wasn’t the best part. The best part was curled up beside Peter, safe and sound at home. Mary Jane nestled her head in Peter’s shoulder, a Heavenly end to a night from Hell. She definitely needed some rest though. She claimed adamantly that Peter had saved her and, while he had taken a few lumps to the head, he knew he would have remembered something like that.

“Well, General Fury, it seems we owe you a great deal of thanks.”

“No need, Mrs. Parker. It’s what I was put on this Earth to do.”

“Can I get you anything to eat before you leave? Or maybe a cup of coffee?”

“I appreciate the offer, but you folks get some rest. We have people paid a ridiculous amount of money to stand around and cook all day. Gotta make sure they earn their money.”

“Peter,” Fury said, nodding to the teen, “nice seeing you again son.”

Peter offered up a tired, yet sincere smile as the General left.

“Well, thank God you are both home safe and sound. The Osborns…tsk. Harry was such a nice boy. I guess, though, the apple didn’t fall far from that tree. We can only hope they get the boy the proper help, or put him somewhere he’ll never be a threat to anymore good people. But, this is all talk for the morning. It’s time to go to bed…”

Aunt May and Madelyn Watson looked at the two teens.

“Separately.”

Peter and Mary Jane squirmed uncomfortably.

“I know you two have a…special relationship. Special feelings…but you need to be careful. You need to be responsible. But, again, this is all discussion for the morning.”

“M’lady,” Peter joked, standing up and turning to Mary Jane. “Your chariot awaits.”

In one swift movement, Peter had picked Mary Jane up and headed for the stairs.

“Such good kids. So happy and full of life.”

-

Peter placed Mary Jane down on her bed before heading for the door.

“Forgetting something, Tiger?”

Peter turned around, a bit confused.

“I dunno? What?”

spidey7fh4.png

“Every girl needs a good night kiss from her special man after she’s tucked in.”

“MJ.”

“Yeah?”

“Love you.”

“Love you too, Tiger.”

UltimateSpider-Man2.jpg

One Week Later
Midtown High
End of the school week

The final bell of the day was almost like the starting gun at the racetrack. The class full of sophomore jumped up instantly, stampeding for the door, stop abruptly by the cries of their teacher.

“Hold it! OK, now, before everyone rushes home for the weekend, take out your papers on ‘Who am I?’ and leave them on the front desk.”

A chorus of groans, with the scattered ‘Whats?’ and calls for extensions rose from the class.

“I don’t want to hear it. You all had a full marking period to complete this paper. I have no sympathy for anyone who doesn’t have the assignment.”

Peter set his assignment down on the front desk and squeezed through the crowd into the hallway, stopping by a row of lockers to wait for Mary Jane. He had completed his paper the weekend after it was assigned, but found himself going back after the events of the past few weeks and starting over from scratch. Of course, he couldn’t put everything in the paper, but he had discovered a great deal about himself, and putting some of it out in the open made the new him seem that much more real, that much more sturdy. Yeah, the future was looking kinda bright.

“Hey ya, Tiger. God am I glad to have that paper out of my hands.”

“Eh, it wasn’t that hard to write. Plus, ya know, I had some help coming up with ideas.”

“Yeah…any word on Harry?”

“Not much. All Fury told me was that he’s been confined to a top detention facility from deprogramming and counseling. Still looking for a way to remove the Oz.”

There was a brief silence. No words could express the grief between the two for their friends.

“So, I got the night off of work. Wanna catch a movie?”

“Gonna have to be a late showing. Got both jobs tonight.”

“My boyfriend, the friendly neighborhood tech support web master super hero…Heh…that’s funny…”

“What?”

“Web master. It works for both jobs.”

“Nah, nah, nah. Bugle is web master. Spidey is web slinger.”

“Well, I though it was pretty funny.”

The two stood for a moment at the door to MJ’s bus.

“See you in a little bit.”

“You be careful.”

MJ gave Peter a kiss on the forehead.

“Go get ‘em, Tiger.”

-

“Who am I? God, you know, there’s so many ways to answer that: Peter Parker; Straight ‘A’ student; Science geek extraordinaire; nephew; photographer; Daily Bugle tech support, and the list goes on. Those are just names though, labels and activities. There’s more to me, to anyone, than just that. Our lives are defined by whom we know, what we do, who we love and who loves us. Accomplishment and satisfaction are measured by happiness and friends, not money and grades. I have an aunt who dotes all over me, who thinks the world of me and who I owe my life to, a girlfriend who truly understands me and every part of my life, who I love dearly and would die for; A rewarding job, great co-workers, and a wonderful education on my way to an aspiring career. And, I make a difference in the world. I’ve been blessed with a great power, and the knowledge and guidance to know how to use that power responsibly for the good of everyone around me, to make a difference in the city. I guess, really, if I had to sum it all up in a nutshell, though, there’s only one thing I could say.”

“Who am I?”

UltimateSpider-Man4.jpg

“I’m Spider-Man.”

THE END

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95