Zombie RPG (approved) - Sign up OOC Thread

Cyrusbales

Avenger
Reaction score
Ever wondered what it's like to wake up, only to find a zombie outbreak?

Well now you can! This is slightly less serious than some of the other RPG's, but there is a mystery and narrative for RP'ers to engage in if they want to, but basically have fun!

GM's: Syn, Cyrusbales

'Zombie Master': Cyrusbales

RULES
You can create yourself or an exaggeration etc of yourself, or someone completely new, HOWEVER, they are a normal person.

Are true to the personality and abilities of the character, such as no
Somersaulting off buildings etc, or being eaten loads and being fine with it.
Do NOT criticize another poster’s character. We are not all Satre Shakespeare. Constructive criticism is okay as long as it is not offensive. This rule applies even if a poster asks for feedback.

Your character should make sense, no Amish people with chainsaws etc.

Communicate with others in your arc. This is key to the fun. It doesn’t matter how many fights you win, it matters if there’s some hardcore zombie shizzle!

Do NOT kill other Player Characters WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. NPCs are fine to kill, with permission from anyone else using that NPC.

The Game Masters have the final say in matters of character acceptance. You are welcome to alter the character slightly after creation, but arguing with the Game Masters is not allowed.

This is a game, let it be fun.

You are allowed one character.

This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your vehicles etc. Don't miraculously appear somewhere you shouldn’t be, like get from one side of NY to the other straight away etc…

Your first post should be your origin post, as in when they discover the world is gone awol…

To keep things interesting and close-knit, we are all in the city of Ravenholm.

Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless given permission, any mutilation must be okayed by the player you wish to sever.

If you want to take part in this, just fill out an app and your name and character will appear on the roster, pending approval...

You can form gangs and teams with different motives, survival, looting, finding out why etc…

There can be a number of stories going on at once, using different people...

Act like your characters; ASSUME their traits and personalities...

There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts.
There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.

No REALLY obscene topics!

People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED by the Game Masters. If a Hype! Mod need boot you; do not bother applying again...
To create a character, simply fill out the application below. Remember, be specific, and put your best effort into it. The Game Masters of this RPG are awesome.

OKAY, now for the zombie rules……
We are going for the classic night, dawn and day of the dead zombies, meaning they are slow, super-strong and lurve brains, able to smell them from a distance etc, and feel no pain(for now).
Upon being bitten, 24 hours will see them turned into a zombie, HOWEVER if severely bitten as in a multitude of bites, the change can be quicker.

As with Romero, the recently deceased will come back to life as zombies…

If you are bit in the arm, you have approx five minutes to sever the offending article of flesh and burn the wound to stop the spreading of infection.

The ‘evolution’ of the Zombies will be something controlled by the “zombie master”, as to keep things cohesive etc…

None of the characters know anything to do with why from the start, unless pre-arranged with a GM.

To kill a zombie, you have to sever it’s head(which will stop it being anything more than just a twitching head), shoot it in the head or pierce it’s brain with some other object etc. Obviously dissolving it’s tissue in acid etc will also make it cease to be etc. But as we all know, cutting off limbs and shooting it in the stomach etc does jack!

APP:

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name:

Name of your character:

Font and color to post in:

Brief back story of you character’s history:

Training and/or profession:

Resources: (If Any)

Two Reasons you choose your character:

What can you bring to this RPG?

How many times do you plan on posting?

Do you know how to post pictures?

So, “You’ve only got two things going for you right now, Jack And *****, and Jack’s left town….”

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name:
Climperoonie

Name of your character: "Killer" Kyle Baker

Font and color to post in: Georgia, Bold.

A 34 four year old man, Kyle is an ex-soldier who fought in the Gulf War and saw his best friends mowed down by Iraqui Machine gunners. This hardened him and he is now a no nonsence guy who doesn't give a crap about other people. He is a good survivalist and is good with weapons.

Training and/or profession: Ex-Soldier

Resources: A few, namely a Machette and two of his favourite weapon, an Uzi.

'Coz he's badass

2. 'Coz he doesn't care about anyone else and is only killing zombies to save himself.

What can you bring to this RPG? An Ex-Soldier armed with Uzis.

How many times do you plan on posting? Lots.

Do you know how to post pictures? Is the sky blue? (In other words, yes.)

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name:
CyberFaust

Name of your character: Hunter Jerusalem

Font and color to post in: Courier New

A rather insane man. A journalist (before Z-Day), probably the cause of his strangeness and paranoic behaviour. He doesn't mind shooting a zombie and somethines takes pleasure in it when he has a bad day.

Training and/or profession: journalist damnit!

Resources: katana, a stick and a desert eagle

He reminds me of me, i just don't have the guns and zombies.

2. Because he would be a fun dude to kill zombies with, and the kind that would survive.

What can you bring to this RPG? Insanity and humour.

How many times do you plan on posting? gagillions of times

Do you know how to post pictures? only in the mail and on internet forums and sites.

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name: Majik1387

Name of your character: Victor Winters

Font and color to post in: Comic Sans in Teal

Brief back story of you character’s history: 17 year old just graduated high school. He's enjoying the summer with friends before he moves out of state for college in the fall. Mom's a cop, Dad's a EMT driver, older brother, Zack, moved away to California on bad terms with parents. Then "Z-Day" happened, and 2 of the zombies attacked and killed his parents at a 4th of July party. Since then he's been preparing to get out of town before things get worse.

Training - Learned all gun control from mother, who is a cop. Sharpest with hand guns. Knowledge of 80% of zombie movies.
Profession - Unemployed, studying performing arts.

Resources: 2 handguns, a metal baseball bat, a messenger bag with a first aid kit, 3 boxes of handgun bullets and non-perishable food and drinks.
Possibly a car if allowed? :woot: (nothing fancy)

1. Cuz he's a cool character that would act like me if I were

2. Because he's helpful with random situations; Like MacGyver

What can you bring to this RPG? Enjoyment and intelligence. :p

How many times do you plan on posting? As much as this thread stays alive

Do you know how to post pictures? Yes, and I will post some later.

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name: byrd_man

Name of your character: Matt Byrd

Font and color to post in: Tahoma, Red, and Bold

Brief back story of you character’s history: Born in the upstate of South Carolina, Matt is a good 'ole boy who knows hunt, fish, trap, and a bunch of other survival skills. Call him a redneck if you want, but he's blunt and to the point. He's also something of a natural leader with a head for survival. He's parked in his truck with his girlfriend when Z-Day happend.

Training: Matt's good with shotguns and rifles, he knows how to clean what he kills and is a pretty good hunter. Like Hank Williams Jr. said "country boys Can survive."

Resources: (If Any) The only weapons he has is an old .20 gauge shotgun with about a half box of shells and his trusty Old-Timer knife. He also has four wheeler

1. I've always been a fan of survival horror.

2. I get to put "myself" in a situation I've thought about alot of times, plus if my character dies. I don't die.

What can you bring to this RPG? A crazy ass southerner....oh and Matt Byrd.

How many times do you plan on posting? If the RPG survives, as much as needed.

tedwilliamsc10105809du4.jpg

Respect The Ted.

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name:
Eddie Brock Jr.

Name of your character:
Michael West

Font and color to post in:
Navy Franklin Gothic Medium

He's just a normal kid. But when his friends and family are dead/zombified, he has to fend for himself for the first time in his life. Although, he sometimes gives in to the temptation to break the law with the absense of the police.

No training. Full-time high school student.

Hello? Full-time high school student? Well, he has a car...even though he doesn't have a license.

It's me...just with a fake name.

I want to start shooting things.

My life...exaggerated.

Want to find out?

funny-pictures-zombie-survival-kit-1cs.jpg

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name: Wolfwood

Name of your character: Albert Fischer

Font and color to post in: Book Antiqua, black.

Brief back story of you character’s history: After breaking up with his fiancee, Albert decided he needed to get a fresh start. An open position for an English teacher in Ravenholm High School provided him with that opportunity. Having only been in the community for less then a year, Albert is still a relative newcomer and has yet to establish any meaningful friendships. On Z-day, while everyone was out celebrating the 4th, Albert had decided to go to his classroom to reorganize things.

Training and/or profession: High school English teacher. While he has no training with weaponry, he was a boy scout and still remembers most of the basic survival techniques.

Resources: (If Any)A fire axe he took from the school, a laptop computer and his old '81 Toyota 4x4 truck with a full tank of gas.

1. I wanted a character who had the bare requirements needed to have a chance of surviving a zombie attack (aka, an underdog)

2. I wanted someone who was far from his friends and family so he would have a motive to either get in contact with them or find a way out of Ravenholm.

What can you bring to this RPG? My good nature and willingness to work with others. :) Along with my love of zombies.

How many times do you plan on posting? Frequently, I'm on summer break so I got a lot of time.

Do you know how to post pictures? Yup.

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name: wiegeabo

Name of your character: Captain John Nathaniel Pierce, U.S.A.F, M.D.

Font and color to post in: Bold Air Force blue. (I guess navy blue will have to do. ;))

Brief back story of you character’s history: John is an orphan that went from foster home to foster home, getting into trouble with gangs, until he became a teenager. He was lucky enough to find a good family and turned his life around. When his mother died of cancer after his high school graduation, John traveled the country for a year, taking up odd jobs, before deciding to be a doctor. He joined the Air Force to pay his way, and is in his second year of service.

Medical doctor. Although he has experience in general medicine, he favors research over seeing patients. Captain in the United States Air Force, John has basic combat and firearms training. John also has some experience flying civilian aircraft (crop dusters and Cessnas).

Resources: (If Any) Access to the local air force base and it's combat and medical equipment.

1. I wanted someone who wasn't necessarily a fighter, but could hold out in a fight.

2. I wanted someone with a sketchy past who's done a lot of different things that may come in useful.

What can you bring to this RPG? I'm in two other RPGs, so I have experienced. And I figured this one would be a good change of pace.

How many times do you plan on posting? At least once or twice a day, time permitting.

250px-Pinkeyesp.jpg

Screen Name: SpeedballLives

Name of your character: Brad Garfield

Font and color to post in: Impact, Green, italicized

Brief back story of you character’s history: Born in Ravenholm 20 years ago, he took a job as a truck driver after graduating high school. It was his dream job. He got to travel across the country and see everything he ever dreamed of seeing. During the week of Z-day, he returned to his home town to visit his family, only to find more than he expected.

Training and/or profession: Pretty much none, except for the stuff he's seen in films.

Resources: (If Any) A baseball bat, a knife and his eighteen wheeler.

1. He'll basically be an alternate version of me...sort of a "What if"?

2. I didn't want my character experienced in combat or in tense situations like these. His reactions and thoughts will be as real as can be.

What can you bring to this RPG? Some drama and tragedy.

How many times do you plan on posting? It depends on how involved my character is.

Sadly...I don't.:csad:
resident-evil-2.jpg

Wait... I do...:woot:

Wiegeabo, Majik, Speedballives, Approved. :up::up: :up:

Wolfwood, EBJ. Approved. :up::up:

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name: byrd_man

Name of your character: Matt Byrd

Font and color to post in: Tahoma, Red, and Bold

Brief back story of you character’s history: Born in the upstate of South Carolina, Matt is a good 'ole boy who knows hunt, fish, trap, and a bunch of other survival skills. Call him a redneck if you want, but he's blunt and to the point. He's also something of a natural leader with a head for survival. He's parked in his truck with his girlfriend when Z-Day happend.

Training: Matt's good with shotguns and rifles, he knows how to clean what he kills and is a pretty good hunter. Like Hank Williams Jr. said "country boys Can survive."

Resources: (If Any) The only weapons he has is an old .20 gauge shotgun with about a half box of shells and his trusty Old-Timer knife. He also has four wheeler

1. I've always been a fan of survival horror.

2. I get to put "myself" in a situation I've thought about alot of times, plus if my character dies. I don't die.

What can you bring to this RPG? A crazy ass southerner....oh and Matt Byrd.

How many times do you plan on posting? If the RPG survives, as much as needed.

tedwilliamsc10105809du4.jpg

Respect The Ted.
We going to be seeing him running around in Blue streaks? :oldrazz:

Approved :up:

I just thinking about making one of these. App will be up soon.

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name:
Charlie No-One

Name of your character: Roger Stone

Font and color to post in: Bold, size 10, Verdana, Dark Red

Roger is 21 years old and is a film major at Ravenholm University . His family is pretty normal, his mother a school teacher and his father a doctor. They live in
Pennsylvania so as of now, he is not sure if they are alive or dead. He is a big film buff, obliviously, hence the reason why he was going into the film industry. Roger likes to keep to himself generally and is a quiet person. He doesn't like to waste time and likes to get things done. He also makes the most of his resources.

Elementary through college education. Took classes in self defense. His teacher also taught him some techniques with a katana on the side.

The only weapon he has with him is a katana that he took from his self defense teacher’s dojo. This is where he was during the initial outbreak in Ravenholm
. Also, being a film major, he knows a lot about movies, especially zombie ones. This genre was his favorite.

I love zombies.

This is a new idea which could turn out to be really cool.

Good writing and fun action.

As many as needed.

55gr2.jpg

Why does it always rain on me...

^

Ummm...cause your the only one not dumb enough to carry an umbrella?

Umbrella...Ella ella eh eh eh

uh huh uh huh...god I'm ashmed I know that song. :csad:

Oh, join up X! There's nothing I'd like to see more than you getting eaten by zombie . :oldrazz:

Official Zombie RPG

Screen Name: Spike_x1

Name of your character: Benjamin (whether that's his first name or last (or even his real name) is unknown).

Font and color to post in: Bold, Dark Slate Blue.

Brief back story of you character’s history: He's basically a nomad, going from place to place on his 1978 CX500 Deluxe motorcycle, doing odd jobs to make enough money to stay for a while and then move on to somewhere else. He's obviously running from something in his past, but he feels that he can never run far enough... that is, until Z-Day. The apocalypse was both a blessing and a curse for him, setting Ben free from his past (or so he thinks), as well forcing a loner like him to finally start trusting people again.

Training and/or profession: It's unknown how extensive his training is, but it's obvious when he gets his hands on a gun or a bladed weapon that he has experience using it.

Resources (If Any): None to start with, except for his motorcycle and the clothes on his back.

1. I like using mysterious and morally ambiguous characters and slowly work to reveal their secrets along the way.

2. I'm also mostly making Ben into an exaggerated version of myself as far as his personality goes.

What can you bring to this RPG?: Good storytelling and an interestng character.

How many times do you plan on posting?: At least once a week (I'm currently developing a schedule to coordinate all of my RPGs), but if I'm involved with someone else's character, then of course I'll post more often to keep up and not leave people waiting.

Do you know how to post pictures?: Yessiree.

I share this shame :csad:

No in all seriousness to Cyrus, he should have got his other RPG in order, before launching another.

The What If one in Marvel. It died. I don't think there was much in the way for him to do. The idea just didn't catch on.

we have survivors! :D enough to maybe make it out of this ****storm alive! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"