Days of Future Past Should/Could a "NEW" Timeline be created under Vaughn's helm?

Wishful thinking. I doubt they will redo the Phoenix Saga.

And i'm not sure it would be logical for the X-Men to travel back sometime between X2 and X3. Why didn't they mention it in X3?
Because I just want X-Men: TLS to be retconned. :csad:

Because I just want X-Men: TLS to be retconned. :csad:

Maybe it will be if there is a new timeline.

Time to move on from going on about it. That film was 6 years ago, even those who liked it have moved on by now.

Superbly put.

My concern with the First Class Sequel is that certain characters who we saw at the end of First Class will just not be in the sequel with no explanation.

Like Havok, Angel and Riptide?

Who knows what they plan to do with certain characters, but I'd like to see them treated properly.

Like I said in the post you agreed with, it would be great if someone connected with the franchise publicly clarified that they are creating an expanded X-Men movie universe and name-dropped a few possibilities (like Sinister, Apocalypse, New Mutants etc).

There is huge potential in the X-Men stories - even to go into space. Whether they'd ever re-do the Phoenix Saga in any way is debatable, but it is possible to do it differently using other some of the elements from the comic book version (I've just envisaged one alternative version in my head while daydreaming at my computer).

They don't necessarily have to revisit the Phoenix saga (although they easily could), they could just have "X4" not be directly affected by TLS, and explain that. So Nightcrawler is still around, as are Cyclops and Prof. X. Jean is a toss up. They could not have her around and make X4 about Apocalypse and the Sentinels, and then do an X5 or something where Jean returns.

I've said this before, but the individuals in charge of the X franchise have made it clear that they want to create a single continuous universe for the franchise, something that has not yet happened successfully for one reason or another. We know at this point - based on the actual content of both films - that First Class has rendered Origins: Wolverine out-of-continuity (not only due to Xavier having already been paralyzed by the time the events of Origins: Wolverine occur, but also because of Emma Frost's inclusion in FC [there is absolutely no way that she can be an adult in FC and a teenager in Origins: Wolverine]), but, as I have repeatedly said, the continuity status of The Last Stand is still currently in limbo pending the completion of Days of Future Past.

I've said this before, but the individuals in charge of the X franchise have made it clear that they want to create a single continuous universe for the franchise, something that has not yet happened successfully for one reason or another. We know at this point - based on the actual content of both films - that First Class has rendered Origins: Wolverine out-of-continuity (not only due to Xavier having already been paralyzed by the time the events of Origins: Wolverine occur, but also because of Emma Frost's inclusion in FC [there is absolutely no way that she can be an adult in FC and a teenager in Origins: Wolverine]), but, as I have repeatedly said, the continuity status of The Last Stand is still currently in limbo pending the completion of Days of Future Past.
Unless she time-traveled. And no one ever said the girl in XMO: W was Emma Frost. She had a similar ability, but that doesn't make her the same person. There ARE mutants with similar abilities.

Last edited:
They could always say that the girl who appeared in XMO:W was one of the Stepford Cuckoos. So, besides that and Xavier walking (which could have been an astral projection or he regained his ability to walk, as has happened in the comics), there's not much else, to my knowledge, that could exclude XMO:W from continuity if their goal is to tie all of the movies together. But, as I've said before, I'd prefer a new timeline.

Well, in the comics Emma Frost has hundreds (maybe thousands) of artificially-created daughters who were created by cloning as part of a program similar to Weapon X. We know five of them as the Stepford Cuckoos, who also have the ability to turn to diamond.

The way I like to see it is that Kayla and XMOrigins Emma are daughters (natural or otherwise) of First Class Emma Frost - and they may even have been created by Stryker.

And Xavier could have been an astral projection.

Those things are easy to explain.

The emma frost thing Is very simple.In X-Men origins:Wolverine Silverfox's sister Is never addressed by name.And never had emma's telephatic powers.
Lauren Shueller Donnor has said as far as they are concerned that character wasn't Emma Frost In Wolverine.

On bluray Fox tried to explain away the problem by saying Emma was on mission for magneto and used telephatic powers to have everyne see her as
teenager.Fox did same thing with Xavier by claiming him walking at end of wolverine and begining of Last Stand was telephatic projection.

Now I could buy that for wolverine but not last Stand.The audence when nobody looking clearly saw him walking out of car and talking to Magneto
when noobody else Is watching.Plus you have the Xavier and Magneto falling apart In first Class problem as well.

with all due respect people need to read the Days of future Past story.It's about trying to stop a possable future by a form of time travel.Not about
tons of characters going back In time.They use characters the audence knows.Pay attention to Bryan Singer's connection between films comment.
Anyone who after hearing that who Is still trying to claim First Class was reboot Is In serious denial.

Singer had history of Ignoring what he didn't like.With Superman Returns he only acknowledged the films he liked.With first Class he devoped story they
used,he picked the characters used,and worked closly with writer with devolping blueprint for script that Matthew Vaughn and jane Goldman rewrote.
He decided to Include emma and Ignore silverfox's sister version.Plus the Xavier being crippled In first Class and him and Magneto going seperating ways contedicting wolverine and Last Stand came from him.

while I wish they would have addressed contunity on Bluray/DVD with regards to Last Stand and Wolverine untill I hear more conreate evidance to contary
First Class should be viewed as Prequel with a few liberties to X-Men and X2.Days of future Past should Involve characters from X-Men/x2 In possable
future with one character traveling back In time or have Xavier or Wolverine exchange minds with first Class era versions.

The Emma thing is all BS. She was meant to be Emma, anything else said is just a smoke screen for a bad call. Fox ****ed up and they cant fix their mistakes if they still want to connect them all together, so they bs instead of saying "It was Emma, but we messed her up". Same with other X film continuity problems. Its all supposed to be connected, it just has problems. XMOW being the biggest and easiest to throw away. They werent thinking ahead with Emma or the franchise. Hopefully all that has changed, and Fox is looking down the path on how they want to add characters and develop in future films.

Last edited:
Yes she was emma at the time.The reason she and teenage cyclops were In Wolverine were to set up their appearances In the original planned version of first Class which was a Twillight/John hughes version of X-Men.When Bryan Singer came on he threw out that to do Xavier and Magneto backstory film.Besides First Class had better version of Emma than the one In wolverine.

Fox should just admit wolverine and probally Last Stand were thrown out with First class Instead of trying to play these games like they did In cerbero mutant tractor Bluray extra.

So she was in the other First Class script? Was there a review or any other info for it. Curious on who the villain would have been.

Stop living in the past. New timeline. Stop the nonsense. Enough said.

Fox should just admit wolverine and probally Last Stand were thrown out with First class Instead of trying to play these games like they did In cerbero mutant tractor Bluray extra.

If thats what they intended then Agreed. A solid answer from them would be nice. Would make the debates a bit easier.

I may bring a unique perspective on this but I hate the first 2 XMen movies (along with the 3/4 ones)

I'm a huge xmen fan from the comics to the cartoon and the first 2 x-men movies....in my opinion they just aren't x-men movies

I think a lot of the flaws people had with X3 were birthed in the first two movies as well.

Cyclops death for example....the brother was killed off before the trilogy even started=Singer's lack of ever giving anything significant to the character made him available to be killed.

the Dark Pheonix felt forced and rushed in X3 but that's because the Singer movies forced and rushed too it. The way I see it, the only way to properly do that series is to build to it Avengers style

I haven't heard anything about Days of Future Past but XMFC was the first time I actually watched an XMen movie and felt like I was actually watching X-men. the other four movies were movies with characters that were x-men characters in name only.

so my hope is indeed that they use Days of Future past as a way to connect FC with the original trilogy that people generally like....while simultaneously rebooting the series to allow a more inspired vision maybe spearheaded by Vaughn to stretch it's legs a little bit.

I may bring a unique perspective on this but I hate the first 2 XMen movies (along with the 3/4 ones)

I'm a huge xmen fan from the comics to the cartoon and the first 2 x-men movies....in my opinion they just aren't x-men movies

I think a lot of the flaws people had with X3 were birthed in the first two movies as well.

Cyclops death for example....the brother was killed off before the trilogy even started=Singer's lack of ever giving anything significant to the character made him available to be killed.

the Dark Pheonix felt forced and rushed in X3 but that's because the Singer movies forced and rushed too it. The way I see it, the only way to properly do that series is to build to it Avengers style

I haven't heard anything about Days of Future Past but XMFC was the first time I actually watched an XMen movie and felt like I was actually watching X-men. the other four movies were movies with characters that were x-men characters in name only.

so my hope is indeed that they use Days of Future past as a way to connect FC with the original trilogy that people generally like....while simultaneously rebooting the series to allow a more inspired vision maybe spearheaded by Vaughn to stretch it's legs a little bit.

Great post. Best one in the whole thread.

I don't think so, watch X2 again.

Nah, more of the Singer timeline. No thanks.

Last edited:
I find it odd that people prop up the First Class characterizations and timeline, but criticize the previous films, when First Class is probably the most divergent of the bunch. I don't see that changing with the sequels, to be honest, but we'll see. I think they're going to be great fun to watch, but more faithful? Eh.

Last edited:
As do I. It's FIRST CLASS that ignored the timelines of the other films, not the other way around.

Yeah thing is everyone generally liked the changes. Its easier for fans to dismiss the other films and not FC because they didnt like the decisions made in X3 and XMOW.Only thing argued with FC is rather its a a prequel or reboot. The inconsistencies were never confirmed and people argue different takes on if all films are all connected or just a few. But yeah FC is just as responsible, for not having proper connections. New timeline should get rid of all that. FC should be on its own then.

Last edited:
Start a new timeline and to hell with everything else.

Others strongly disagree. Many consider X2 to be best X-Men film.

And they can like those films. The reason I don't like them is because I don't think Singer made X-Men films and didn't do the "team" justice.

I find it odd that people prop up the First Class characterizations and timeline, but criticize the previous films, when First Class is probably the most divergent of the bunch. I don't see that changing with the sequels, to be honest, but we'll see. I think they're going to be great fun to watch, but more faithful? Eh.

It's not about being divergent. It's about making a great X-Men film where everyone in the team uses their powers and has a purpose. It's also about putting some real feeling and emotion in to the film. I didn't get any of that from the Singer films.

Start a new timeline and to hell with everything else.

Exactly.

As do I. It's FIRST CLASS that ignored the timelines of the other films, not the other way around.

Absolutely right, though the changes made (a better Emma Frost and a great depiction of how Xavier was paralysed) worked brilliantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"