Should i tell my sister and her husband?

jaguarr said:
It's only Hole using the band name with a couple of replacement musicians. Skunk and Butt didn't want anything to do with it as they feel they said all they had to say musically when the band was together and that reforming would only be exploiting the band name to make money.

jag

Page/Plant
Lennon/McCartney
Captain/Tenielle
Skunk/Butt

Skunk and Butt have no respect for their 13 year old fans! :cmad:

Seriously, I agree with lazur...however a parent that snoops through his kid's stuff has to keep in mind that if the kid finds out, it'll only make them sneakier and therefore harder to snoop on.

So, if you were to find something that you wanted to confront them about... you'd have a little dilemma on your hands because if you confronted them, then they'd know you'd snooped and would just be more careful next time and that next time might involve something worse.

:huh:

It's okay. I'd LOVE to see how people WHO HAVE A TEENAGE DAUGHTER would respond to this, but I think I'm like the only one here who actually speaks from experience.

I can't really blame people for being inexperienced and for answering accordingly.

Lackey said:
Seriously, I agree with lazur...however a parent that snoops through his kid's stuff has to keep in mind that if the kid finds out, it'll only make them sneakier and therefore harder to snoop on.

So, if you were to find something that you wanted to confront them about... you'd have a little dilemma on your hands because if you confronted them, then they'd know you'd snooped and would just be more careful next time and that next time might involve something worse.

:huh:

That's why you let them know from the start that you're monitoring them.

lazur said:
It's okay. I'd LOVE to see how people WHO HAVE A TEENAGE DAUGHTER would respond to this, but I think I'm like the only one here who actually speaks from experience.

I can't really blame people for being inexperienced and for answering accordingly.

You just seem to fling hate, I'm sorry:csad:

When did THWIP* take over LAZUR and HIPPIE_HUNTER's accounts? :confused:

jag

lazur said:
WRONG. I WAS TALKING ABOUT NO RIGHT TO PRIVACY ONLINE. I SHOULD HAVE CLARIFIED THAT, BUT SINCE THE DISCUSSION IS *ABOUT* ONLINE ACTIVITIY, I ASSUMED (APPARENTLY MISTAKENLY) THAT MOST INTELLIGENT PEOPLE WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT.
THEN I MISREAD YOU THEN.

TOUGH LUCK. I DON'T CARE IF SHE HATES IT. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? GIRLS - NOT BOYS - ARE THE VICTIMS OF ONLINE PREDATORS MOST OF THE TIME. IT'D BE STUPID *NOT* TO MONITOR HER ONLINE ACTIVITY, I DON'T CARE IF SHE'S 15, 16 OR 17.
LIKE I SAID, I AM NOT GOING TO GO OVER AN ARGUEMENT OVER PARENTING BECAUSE I AM NOT A PARENT AND THE FACT THAT I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW TO RAISE A CHILD. I AM JUST GOING BY MY EXPERIENCES WHEN MY PARENTS INTRUDED OVER MY PRIVACY AND FOR THE MOST PART THEY DID APOLOGIZE TO ME WHEN THEY DID.

UH HUH, SO IF SOMEONE *HAPPENS* TO SEE SOMETHING ON A COMPUTER, IT'S OKAY TO ALERT SOMEONE. BUT GOD FORBID IF A PROTECTIVE PARENT LOOKS FOR THINGS LIKE THAT, RIGHT?

YOU MAKE NO SENSE.
SEE ABOVE

AND, OH YEAH, TURN YOUR STUPID CAPS OFF ALREADY AND TYPE LIKE THE REST OF US. THANKS.
NOT GONNA HAPPEN :oldrazz:

jaguarr said:
When did THWIP* take over LAZUR and HIPPIE_HUNTER's accounts? :confused:

jag

DOES THIS HAVE TO BE BROUGHT UP EVERY TIME I POST HERE :cmad:

hippie_hunter said:
LIKE I SAID, I AM NOT GOING TO GO OVER AN ARGUEMENT OVER PARENTING BECAUSE I AM NOT A PARENT AND THE FACT THAT I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW TO RAISE A CHILD. I AM JUST GOING BY MY EXPERIENCES WHEN MY PARENTS INTRUDED OVER MY PRIVACY AND FOR THE MOST PART THEY DID APOLOGIZE TO ME WHEN THEY DID.

I think that's the point that's trying to be made. You don't know what it's like to have a daughter or be a parent. And when you do, you may look back on this and decide that your daughter's safety and well-being is more important than her "privacy."

We're expecting to pick up our daughter (we're adopting from China) before the end of the year, and I see myself being much the same way. I can stand a little hurt feelings if she's safe from someone attempting to take advantage of her. And I'd imagine that when she gains the same hindsight that we do, she'll feel the same way.

hippie_hunter said:
LAZUR WAS TALKING ABOUT CHILDREN OF ALL AGES HAVING NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO PRIVACY. WHILE A PARENT HAS THE RIGHT TO INTERFERE, A CHILD HAS THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY. I'M REFERING TO THOSE AGES THAT YOU MENTIONED, NOT A 13 YEAR OLD. :o

I HAVE NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO TELL HIM WHAT LAZUR CAN AND CAN'T DO AS A PARENT. THAT IS UP TO HIM AND HIM ALONE, BUT I WILL TELL HIM THIS. I'VE BEEN THROUGH WHAT A TEENAGER GOES THROUGH AND I HATED IT WHEN MY PARENTS OR SISTER WOULD SNOOP ON ME.

ZAED HAS TO TELL HIS SISTER ABOUT WHAT HE SAW ON HIS NIECE'S COMPUTER. THAT IS JUST SICK AND DISGUSTING AND IT MUST STOP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I missunderstood you, I am sorry. However even with a 15 year old I think parents have to be very cautious - whether kids like it or not.

hippie_hunter said:
DOES THIS HAVE TO BE BROUGHT UP EVERY TIME I POST HERE :cmad:

Oh, God. It's true. You've come down with the THWIP*. This is what happens when you run around outside barefoot and step on a rusty nail. Should have gotten that tetnus booster, man.

jag

Bill said:
We're expecting to pick up our daughter (we're adopting from China) before the end of the year.
How much does one of those set you back?

Bill said:
I think that's the point that's trying to be made. You don't know what it's like to have a daughter or be a parent. And when you do, you may look back on this and decide that your daughter's safety and well-being is more important than her "privacy."

We're expecting to pick up our daughter (we're adopting from China) before the end of the year, and I see myself being much the same way. I can stand a little hurt feelings if she's safe from someone attempting to take advantage of her. And I'd imagine that when she gains the same hindsight that we do, she'll feel the same way.

Hey, congratulations to you and your wife, Bill. :up:

jag

jaguarr said:
Oh, God. It's true. You've come down with the THWIP*. This is what happens when you run around outside barefoot and step on a rusty nail. Should have gotten that tetnus booster, man.

jag

OH NOES :eek:

lazur said:
That's why you let them know from the start that you're monitoring them.

if you let them know from the start, then they'll just go to their friend's house when they don't want you to see something... you're just helping them learn how to go behind your back more effectively

Bill said:

cool beans! good luck with the adoption! my wife and i are considering the very same thing.

jaguarr said:
Hey, congratulations to you and your wife, Bill. :up:

jag

Thanks, we should get our referral this month. I post her pic when we get it.

And Wilhelm, direct as always, over $20K.

Bill said:
Thanks, we should get our referral this month. I post her pic when we get it.

And Wilhelm, direct as always, over $20K.

I've heard the adoption process for a Chinese baby is extremely complicated, is that true? It seems that if they have that many unwanted little girls they shouldn't make it so hard for good, loving people to adopt them.

sinewave said:
I've heard the adoption process for a Chinese baby is extremely complicated, is that true? It seems that if they have that many unwanted little girls they shouldn't make it so hard for good, loving people to adopt them.

I don't want to hijack this guy's thread, and when I post her pic I'd be happy to answer questions relating to it there or by PM if you like. Suffice it to say that it is a long and somewhat complicated process.

My wife and I have not ruled out adoption as a possiblity, either, so I'd be interested in hearing about your experience when you're ready to share, Bill.

jag

From personal experience with my own daughter trust me it's in the best intrest and safety of your niece tell your sister before it's to late.there are to many sick people on the internetever seen any of the date line specials?this is truly scary stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"