BvS Should Justice League Be The Third Snyder/Goyer Film?

So I think we all agree, Brad Bird should direct Justice League. I mean him and Snyder are our only 2 choices for it right? Can't think of anyone else really.

Brad Bird should direct Justice League.

Better yet, yet's have Pixar somehow involved too.

We can have this:

1080p_DC_Pixar_Wallpaper.png

The art is really well done, but I don't like the designs :o

Brad Bird should direct Justice League.

Better yet, yet's have Pixar somehow involved too.

We can have this:

1080p_DC_Pixar_Wallpaper.png

Eh yeah no...cool concept but the designs leave a lot to be desired. Wtf with that Batman suit.

In regards to JL being the third film, well some have speculated/theorized on how this may have all been one JL trilogy from the start, with MOS having acted as the first film within the trilogy that would ultimately lead to a JL film.

In regards to JL being the third film, well some have speculated/theorized on how this may have all been one JL trilogy from the start, with MOS having acted as the first film within the trilogy that would ultimately lead to a JL film.

I really think that only happened retroactively when Avengers became a massive success, and MoS didn't break the billion they wanted. In the press junket interviews for MoS, Snyder and Cavill said a few times they wanted to do one more solo film before teamups.

I think the choice to add Batman, and then WW and the JL, came after MoS' box office results.

WB isn't Marvel Studios. Marvel has the luxury of making only superhero films and doing so many of them. WB can only make a few superhero films, so they want them to be big and gross over a billion. I think Nolan's Dark Knight films also raised WB's box office expectations. My guess is they're actually investing much more into these projects than disclosed.

I'm not opposed to a Snyder GL. He suits that kind of stuff.

And I agree, we need some more folks on team DC. The same 2 people can't do all the movies.

I think it would be pretty easy to assemble a team:

Zack Snyder
David Goyer
Geoff Johns
Chris Terrio
Ben Affleck
Bruce Timm
Paul Dini
Jonathan Nolan
Lana and Larry Wachowski
Kevin Smith
Guillermo Del Toro
Darren Aronofsky

The last five in particular could have a LOT to offer.

Zack and Miri was half a decade ago, and most of Kevin Smiths later stuff is kind of :meh:

Zack Snyder
David Goyer
Geoff Johns
Chris Terrio
Ben Affleck
Bruce Timm
Paul Dini
Jonathan Nolan
Lana and Larry Wachowski
Kevin Smith
Guillermo Del Toro
Darren Aronofsky

Get Rian Johnson for The Flash, GDT on Wonder Woman, and Neil Blomkamp on Green Lantern

And Aronafsky for something gothic, but not Batman :o
The fact that he was willing to work with a crazy Frank Miller is just too disconcerting ;)

I'll get mechanic Alfred II a call :funny:

Zack and Miri was half a decade ago, and most of Kevin Smiths later stuff is kind of :meh:

Yeah, what an awful comic book movie.

Not to mention he's since done Cop Out, Red State, is in post-production on Tusk, and will be doing Clerks III very soon.

Anyway, the guy KNOWS comic books. He knows Batman like few people in Hollywood. Batman is his favorite superhero. He has a podcast all about Batman called "Fatman on Batman." He's extremely close friends with Ben Affleck. He WRITES comics. He wrote an un-produced Superman screenplay for WB.

He could be a HUGE asset to Warner Bros. There could be amazing ideas flowing in a room between Goyer, Smith, Timm, etc.

Zack Snyder
David Goyer
Geoff Johns
Chris Terrio
Ben Affleck
Bruce Timm
Paul Dini
Jonathan Nolan
Lana and Larry Wachowski
Kevin Smith
Guillermo Del Toro
Darren Aronofsky

Take out Timm and Kevin Smith and this list is golden. Though, I'm not sure how the Wachowskis would fare, seeing as I know them from the rather sharp decline in quality from the Matrix to Revolutions.

I think The Wachowskis could do wonders with The Flash or Wonder Woman, or both, for countless reasons.

Yeah, what an awful comic book movie.

Not to mention he's since done Cop Out, Red State, is in post-production on Tusk, and will be doing Clerks III very soon.

Anyway, the guy KNOWS comic books. He knows Batman like few people in Hollywood. Batman is his favorite superhero. He has a podcast all about Batman called "Fatman on Batman." He's extremely close friends with Ben Affleck. He WRITES comics. He wrote an un-produced Superman screenplay for WB.

He could be a HUGE asset to Warner Bros. There could be amazing ideas flowing in a room between Goyer, Smith, Timm, etc.

Smith is great to listen to, but as a film maker....meh.

WqEPeVb.gif

Interesting list.

Geoff Johns I don't trust with any live action properties after how awful Green Lantern turned out.

Bruce Timm and Paul Dini publicly said that aren't interested in doing live action adaptations. It requires a different skill set.

Chris Nolan has gracefully excused himself from this project, which means Jonathan Nolan is unlikely.

Darren Aronofsky was one of the director names considered for MoS, but he was rejected because he wanted creative license to do whatever he wanted, take his time, and probably make a great film. WB instead wanted a director who could churn out a popcorn blockbuster fast.

The Wachowski Bros never managed to attain the same level of quality in their subsequent films as they achieved in The Matrix. They are on a downward spiral.

Kevin Smith... haha.

Del Toro is a talented man, but I wonder whether the studio has issues with him now after Pacific Rim underperformed.

Zack Snyder
David Goyer
Geoff Johns
Chris Terrio
Ben Affleck
Bruce Timm
Paul Dini
Jonathan Nolan
Lana and Larry Wachowski
Kevin Smith
Guillermo Del Toro
Darren Aronofsky

Hmm, I like that. Especially Aronofsky. :up:

Pacific Rim made enough money abroad. I thought he was doing another film for WB?

Given how much I liked MOS, I'm totally down for Snyder.

Hopefully I won't have to change my answer after seeing BvS.

Brad Bird would great for a post-JL Superman story imo.

2013 Man of Steel (Snyder)
2016 The World's Finest (Snyder)
2017 Justice League (Snyder)

2018 Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Bird), Wonder Woman (Del Toro)
2019 Batman: The Caped Crusader (Affleck), The Flash (Lord/Miller)
2020 Aquaman: The King of Atlantis (Duncan Jones), Green Lantern Corps (Blomkamp)
2021 Justice League: Tower of Babel (Snyder)

2022 SHAZAM (Rian Johnson), Wonder Woman & The First Born (Wyatt)
2023 A Night in Arkham (Fincher), Flash to the Future (Kosinki)
2024 Aquaman & The Seven Seas (Jackson), War of the Lanterns (Cauron)
2025 Justice League: The New Gods (Snyder)

Last edited:
No to Kevin Smith being involved in the CBMs....I think Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and most if not all of the animated crew would be terrific if they wanted to do it though. So what if they've made cartoons. But at the same time I totally see where they're coming from with that it's a different skill set for live action and they're probably right in recognizing that they mat not be best suited for the part.

I really think that only happened retroactively when Avengers became a massive success, and MoS didn't break the billion they wanted. In the press junket interviews for MoS, Snyder and Cavill said a few times they wanted to do one more solo film before teamups.

I think the choice to add Batman, and then WW and the JL, came after MoS' box office results.

WB isn't Marvel Studios. Marvel has the luxury of making only superhero films and doing so many of them. WB can only make a few superhero films, so they want them to be big and gross over a billion. I think Nolan's Dark Knight films also raised WB's box office expectations. My guess is they're actually investing much more into these projects than disclosed.

I don't think anyone was expecting for MOS to break a billion at Warner Bros. If anyone did, then they were fools to have thought so.

No matter how big of a name Superman may be in general or how big Nolan's name is, there was no way that this film was going to make anywhere close to a billion.

And honestly, we don't know if Batman and Wonder were a part of their original plans or not. We won't know until we start hearing them talk about it.

Based on MOS, it seems like Snyder was aware that his MOS film was going to open up a larger DC Universe with all of the Easter Eggs he had placed in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"