Should Sandman die?

Lacuna

Civilian
Reaction score
So far they've killed off evry other villian in the movies, do you think they sohuld to sandman?

or keep him up in prison?

While it's disappointing when they kill off villains in films, it's not surprising. They need to give the film a certain closure, which is harder to do by keeping the main-baddie-who-knows-Your-Secret-and-where-Your-Girlfriend-lives-so-that-the-can-Drop-her-Off-Bridges-and-Whatnot alive. I wouldn't be ultimately devastated if they killed off Sandman, but it would be cooler if they made it look like he was dead, then made it look like there was a hope of him returning at the end. Enough to give closure, but enough hints to keep it relatively open-ended.

i REALLY wnated to see doc ock in a cell in rykers with his arms stretched to the walls.

Lacuna said:
i REALLY wnated to see doc ock in a cell in rykers with his arms stretched to the walls.
Awww...why? They made him such a cute and cuddle man-boob villain! :O Nah. I actually liked the way he went. They made GG a pretty evil villain, it was interesting to show Doc Ock as a scientist similar in motive to Peter Parker. Levels of evil, man - movie villains have to have levels of evil in order to create a power dynamic. If they're all soulless monsters, then where would the characterization be?

Lacuna said:
he was evil before the arms took over
Not in the movie, he wasn't. In what way was he evil? When he was making googly eyes at his wife of 20 years? When he was teaching Peter how to read poetry to a girl? He's a madman! :O

AnimeJune said:
Not in the movie, he wasn't. In what way was he evil? When he was making googly eyes at his wife of 20 years? When he was teaching Peter how to read poetry to a girl? He's a madman! :O
little evil, more egotistical.

AnimeJune said:
If they're all soulless monsters, then where would the characterization be?

But GG and Ock [in the comics] are not soulless monsters.They have depth behind them.Reasons why they are what they are.Particularly Ock,who is the most psychologically real of Spidey's villains.

Just because they committ acts of evil and show little to no remorse for their actions,does not make them soulless.Octavius is the anti Peter Parker.The geek gone bad.

And to whoever said it,yes I really wanted to see Ock caged in a steel cell,like in the 90's animated cartoon.That would have been sweet.

And to answer the question of this thread: I couldn't care less what happens to Sandman.He's a C grade Spidey villain.He turned good in the comics and joined the Avengers and Silver Sable.

Lacuna said:
little evil, more egotistical.

No, not evil in the slightest before the chip malfunctioned. Egotistical maybe, when he refused to shut down the fusion beam. But evil, no way. Ego alone doesn't make someone evil.

Lacuna said:
"Power of the sun in the palm of my hands."
So? Name any other scientist who wouldn't have given his left nut to have had that power!

Anyhoo - yeah, a scene with an unarmed (get it?) Doc Ock in a cell psychically calling down his arms to free him. That would have been an awesome scene. They could still bring him back, you know - his arms were still active. They could turn him into this cool character where the human body's just a dead puppet for the arms to speak through.

AnimeJune said:
So? Name any other scientist who wouldn't have given his left nut to have had that power!

Anyhoo - yeah, a scene with an unarmed (get it?) Doc Ock in a cell psychically calling down his arms to free him. That would have been an awesome scene. They could still bring him back, you know - his arms were still active. They could turn him into this cool character where the human body's just a dead puppet for the arms to speak through.

Thats what I have thought to, Doc Ock was still kinda good.

The body would be the puppet, the arms would be in total cotrol.

I could see the arms somehow keeping him alive.

supermarvelman said:
Thats what I have thought to, Doc Ock was still kinda good.

The body would be the puppet, the arms would be in total cotrol.

I could see the arms somehow keeping him alive.
Well, the movie DID say they were attached to his central nervous system, and the lights on the arms were still on when he sank into the ocean.

they could crawl on the river floor up onto the shore. then send an eletrical pulse to jumpstart his heart.

AnimeJune said:
Well, the movie DID say they were attached to his central nervous system, and the lights on the arms were still on when he sank into the ocean.
for awhile, then they flickered and shut off

Just like Doom was kinda watered down, I think Doc Ock was to. I love the Movie but in the comics Doc Ock was a ****in nutball, he was to good, I really have a gut feeling that he will be brought back.

I feel that the tentacles weren't the thing that drove him insane. He just needed a little nudge.

But if he comes back in the future, he will be a total nutball because the arms will be cotrolling him, the words that come out of his mouth will be the arms talking not doc

I don't want him to die. I want him to be hurt in a way that he's out cold, but not dead and let people start thinking if he really died or not. But if they kill him that's just fine with me. Just about 80% of me doesn't want him to die.

Lacuna said:
I wrote a scene like that when Lex Luthor comes to see him in a Superman/Spider-man crossover movie i was trying to come up with.

I hate the sandmn. Kill that bastard, now! Suck him up with a hoover

Wesyeed said:
I hate the sandmn. Kill that bastard, now! Suck him up with a hoover

I agree

Doc Ock could still be alive. True we saw him sinking to the murky depths but we don't know what happened next and movies are well known for brining back people that we 'know' are dead. So don't count the Doc out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"