Should Sandman die?

perhaps but the first two were in no way suicides

semantics at the end of the day

the point still stands on all the villains of the films killing themselves.

Point stand on at least putting one behind bars.

intent never really came into it.

Odin's Lapdog said:
semantics at the end of the day

the point still stands on all the villains of the films killing themselves.

Point stand on at least putting one behind bars.

intent never really came into it.
Goblin, I could say, was the instrument of his own death, doubtless. But Ben's killer? He tripped, man - that's an accident in any sense of the word. If you trip and fall and crack your head open, that's not a suicide, that's an accident.

i'm not saying it's suicide anymore, i'm saying they killed themselves. that encoporates all forms of intent (or lack of).

I say yes. Kill him off. If the rumours are true and Harry goes out like a hero, then the only person I see him killing is Sandman. Now Venom, he will survive. At least my theory will prove to be right in the end, about Harry going kamikaze and takin' out Sandman.

CrypticOne said:
I say yes. Kill him off. If the rumours are true and Harry goes out like a hero, then the only person I see him killing is Sandman. Now Venom, he will survive. At least my theory will prove to be right in the end, about Harry going kamikaze and takin' out Sandman.
Harry's not going out like a hero - he's going to get his ass handed to him and die himself. I would be very disappointed if he went that way - he's a spoiled brat, and was never truly friends with Peter. The only reason he hung out with him was to get good grades, to steal his lines, and after his father died, to get all needy and clingy with.

AnimeJune said:
Harry's not going out like a hero - he's going to get his ass handed to him and die himself. I would be very disappointed if he went that way - he's a spoiled brat, and was never truly friends with Peter. The only reason he hung out with him was to get good grades, to steal his lines, and after his father died, to get all needy and clingy with.

Harry is my favorite character in the movies. He'll go out like a hero. I'm sure of it. Harry and him are best friends. Harry stuck up for him and everything. Just wait for another year, and you'll see.

Raimi will not let Harry die the same way Norm did... there's a story of redemption there that has been set up for the last 2 films. It would be horrible to kill harry off as a villain.

Plus Raimi likes the old school comic so I think he will stay true to that (well maybe not 100%)
lol

Reikowolf said:
Raimi will not let Harry die the same way Norm did... there's a story of redemption there that has been set up for the last 2 films. It would be horrible to kill harry off as a villain.

Plus Raimi likes the old school comic so I think he will stay true to that (well maybe not 100%)
lol

i agree. harry will die as a friend to peter, not as a villian.

ya, I think Harry, may first enter his GG2 role as a villain and do battle with spidey, but then will probably die coming to peters rescue against one of the other guy, (sandy or venom)
back on the topic of sandman dieing at the end or not. will, i usually don't like when they kill off villain in the movies, unlike in the comics. but, realistically it makes scents, in the real world you can't just lock up a superpower villain like in the cartoons or comics, they would have to find a where to stop them for good.
My moneys on the old throw him in a cement mixer truck and turn him in to a statue. lol then many dump him off some where, or drop him in to the ocean.

CrypticOne said:
Harry is my favorite character in the movies. He'll go out like a hero. I'm sure of it. Harry and him are best friends. Harry stuck up for him and everything. Just wait for another year, and you'll see.
Stuck up for him, WHEN? When he stole his lines about telescopes to "scope" out Mary Jane? When he slapped Peter in public in a drunken rage? When he bribed a supervillain to go after Peter in order to get to Spider-Man? Hmmmm? Whine whine whine, angst angst angst, Daddy didn't love me and now he's dead so he'll never love me, sob sob sob, Spider-Man is the devil. That's his entire character.

Spider-Fan83 said:
ya, I think Harry, may first enter his GG2 role as a villain and do battle with spidey, but then will probably die coming to peters rescue against one of the other guy, (sandy or venom)
back on the topic of sandman dieing at the end or not. will, i usually don't like when they kill off villain in the movies, unlike in the comics. but, realistically it makes scents, in the real world you can't just lock up a superpower villain like in the cartoons or comics, they would have to find a where to stop them for good.
My moneys on the old throw him in a cement mixer truck and turn him in to a statue. lol then many dump him off some where, or drop him in to the ocean.

just like magneto in the x-men movies, his plastic prison cell.

i agree, i don't like the villians being killed off, especially in EVERY movie, but if he's going to die, i would like it to be a great death for him. the cement sounds cool. i'll even take electicuting him, just as long as its not a vacuum.

AnimeJune said:
Stuck up for him, WHEN? When he stole his lines about telescopes to "scope" out Mary Jane? When he slapped Peter in public in a drunken rage? When he bribed a supervillain to go after Peter in order to get to Spider-Man? Hmmmm? Whine whine whine, angst angst angst, Daddy didn't love me and now he's dead so he'll never love me, sob sob sob, Spider-Man is the devil. That's his entire character.

very true animejune, but i know what crypticone is talking about.

he's referring to the last part in the movie with harry talking to his father, and norman is telling harry to avenge his death and kill peter. and harry is saying no that pete's his best friend, then he throws the knife at the mirror to rid norman.

i wouldn't call that sticking up for pete though...more like he was confused and scared as to what to do, and pressured as well.

Sean Adisano said:
he's referring to the last part in the movie with harry talking to his father, and norman is telling harry to avenge his death and kill peter. and harry is saying no that pete's his best friend, then he throws the knife at the mirror to rid norman.

i wouldn't call that sticking up for pete though...more like he was confused and scared as to what to do, and pressured as well.

Not to mention Harry asked Ock not to hurt Peter [even though he did :D]

same I hope sandman lives

plus it would be cool to see if they show ravencroft prison :D
that's it right? I wanted to say arkham, but that's batman.

Doc Ock said:
Yes, but honestly - what did he think a giant supervillain was gonna do? Take orders from an alcoholic twenty-something trustfund baby? Nuh-uh.

Harry was never the sharpest knife in the drawer - if he died, it'd be at someone's hands, or by accident. No sacrifice for him - he's insane.

Doc Ock said:

oh so true...and i always wondered during that part when doc ock threw pete into the wall.

ock wanted pete to get spider-man, and he threw pete so hard against the wall it just broke and crumbled right on to peter. now if he would have died, then how whould he get to spider-man(since ock didn't know who pete really was at the time).

good thing for peter's strong back :D

AnimeJune said:
Yes, but honestly - what did he think a giant supervillain was gonna do? Take orders from an alcoholic twenty-something trustfund baby? Nuh-uh.

Harry was never the sharpest knife in the drawer - if he died, it'd be at someone's hands, or by accident. No sacrifice for him - he's insane.

yea, they really don't give harry any intelligence in this movie do they.

AnimeJune said:

That's not the point though.The point is he tried.He did at least ask Ock not to hurt Peter.There was never any question that he could make him listen.

Point is he tried.Whether his attempt was futile or not.And it was.

Harry is not stupid.He's heading special projects in Oscorp.Yes science is not his thing,but that doesn't make him stupid.

He's just trying to live up to his father's standards.

And he's not insane.Not yet anyway.He will be if he takes the performance enhancers.No he's merely angry,bitter and misguided.Harry is a lost soul.And he does sacrifice himself to save Peter in the comics.

well other than seeing his dead father

he's not insane lol jk

if you remember, ock was already scalling down the building when harry shouted down to him "don't hurt peter", so harry wouldn't even have known if ock would listen to him or not...

so i agree with Doc Ock, he did try at least.

as for the harry is dumb thing, yes i think he isn't that bright in the movies, but i think its more he knows about business dealings, which he could have learned from his father.

and yes, harry did sacrifice himself in the comics for peter, and i want to see that in the movie.

Harry isn't "dumb". He's a twenty-year-old kid with a lot to learn.

Reikowolf said:
well other than seeing his dead father

he's not insane lol jk

well it was more of a hullucination...he just found out that his best friend is the man he sworn to kill for the death of his father(although spidey didn't kill GG), as far as harry knows, spidey is guilty. so in all his confusion and anger he just sort of loses it for a couple of minutes in seeing his father.

not insane, just ecentric... he is rich after all :)

Sean Adisano said:
well it was more of a hullucination...he just found out that his best friend is the man he sworn to kill for the death of his father(although spidey didn't kill GG), as far as harry knows, spidey is guilty. so in all his confusion and anger he just sort of loses it for a couple of minutes in seeing his father.

not insane, just ecentric... he is rich after all :)

hahaha!! ecentric

awesome! lol :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"